• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I can't deny I'm intensely interested in this...

[video=youtube;5kfP_4GqPR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=5kfP_4GqPR4[/video]

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
One of those times that I listened to an album and it kind of just washed over me without doing anything, then it got lost in my library, then I randomly decided to give it another spin a year later for the hell of it, and then it was awesome

[yt]KT8dagdvGYw[/yt]

One of those times that I listened to an album and it kind of just washed over me without doing anything, then it got lost in my library, then I randomly decided to give it another spin a year later for the hell of it, and then it was awesome

[yt]KT8dagdvGYw[/yt]

Ah, that's one heavy album. I liked the song you posted and Kathenotheism.

I'm not really much a fan of Parasignosis (album), but it's definitely enjoyable.

triage

grats dude

[yt]KT8dagdvGYw[/yt]

i didn't think you bumped shit like that but i like it

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.

[yt]KT8dagdvGYw[/yt]
hey the same thing happened to me with that album

also in love with nadja lately

[yt]Ph0cDjGELNU[/yt]

Best atmospheric black metal track/album I've heard next to Trist's Hin and Darkspace:

[yt]CbcDof1RbSk[/yt]

And here's some really awesome experimental/symphonic black:

[yt]uEmbxPtmt9k[/yt]

Last edited:

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
2012 Rock on the Range. Columbus Ohio.
DAT BAND LIST!!!

Megadeth
Mastadon
Anthrax
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Five Finger Death Punch
Incubus
Shinedown
Trivium
Others!

Also
[yt]ArELZEYr444[/yt]
[yt]hJHU-kYeMFM[/yt]
Where can I give these people all my money?

Last edited:

Hir

everything in lunar aurora will always be overshadowed by his other project, trist

[yt]VtUXjyRJJQQ[/yt]

triage

grats dude
since this is the brootal thread

[video=youtube;rLudNgrU7yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLudNgrU7yk[/video]

huea
huea
huea

Wrong thread (was supposed to be in "what are you listening to"), but.......eh, I guess I'll leave it here since it's relevant to the thread?

[yt]oa9ZJ7LcUlw[/yt]

everything in lunar aurora will always be overshadowed by his other project, trist

[yt]VtUXjyRJJQQ[/yt]

Yeah can't forget about that one. I actually meant to mention that track in my last post besides Darkspace.

Last edited:

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Hey I figured we could use some talk about the finer rock ion this forum so I thought we can compare tastes, picks in bands genre's and such. To get the thread started....

Whats your favorite metal band ever?

Devildriver, many more too.

Just for metal thou, I can never leave Maynard.

Last edited:

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
Hmmm. I'd say Machine Head, Fear Factory, Slipknot, Motley Crue, SOAD, Metallica and Meshuggah are my top bands.

And as for the genre? Heavy, Prog, Sludge, Death and Orchestral Black.

triage

grats dude
someone say sludge?
[video=youtube;k2KBIs__91s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2KBIs__91s[/video]

Hir

Meshuggah, Whitechapel, Dimmu Borgir, Black Sabbath, Amon Amarth, Abhorrence etc.
i think you need to learn about the genres you allegedly like

check out entombed, gorguts, eyehategod, melvins, limbonic art and obtained enslavement for an example of each genre you described.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I know this makes me not tr00 kvlt (or something), but Meshuggah's new album is enjoyable. They're going back to basics, focusing on the groove and good songwriting instead of trying to out-technicality everyone like it seemed like they were trying to do on obZen.

Favorite from them still remains catch thirtythree, though

i think you need to learn about the genres you allegedly like

check out entombed, gorguts, eyehategod, melvins, limbonic art and obtained enslavement for an example of each genre you described.

Agreed, although I haven't heard Entombed, Eyehategod and Melvins. But all the others mentioned have great stuff.

I know this makes me not tr00 kvlt (or something), but Meshuggah's new album is enjoyable. They're going back to basics, focusing on the groove and good songwriting instead of trying to out-technicality everyone like it seemed like they were trying to do on obZen.

Favorite from them still remains catch thirtythree, though

I really liked the first track of Koloss and the second was alright - I listened to them on their official site that had them streaming free songs for a limited time.

And Catch Thirtythree and Nothing are my favorite albums by them.

Anyway, this has to be the best symphonic black metal track/album I've heard yet. It even caused me to go into a random symphonic black metal mood for a few days, and I'm still kind of on it.

[yt]3JCh-Jg-Fw0[/yt]

Also Summoning, which DarkNoctus introduced me to the other day, sounds really nice.

[yt]YBfkDH3F1GA[/yt]

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
Meshuggah, Whitechapel, Dimmu Borgir, Black Sabbath, Amon Amarth, Abhorrence etc.
What genres on your list do Sabbath and and Amon Amarth fall into? lol
I've never been a fan of Amon Amarth. There's something about them that just seems really boring...but I do like Sabbath, Dimmu, and Meshuggah. You should check out Eyes Of Noctum (or something like that).
Also, my band's almost done with our EP. Pretty sure we're just waiting on mastering. I'm not sure if our rhythm guitarist still wants to change something. Anyway, I'll post a new song later.