• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

cman98

k though its technically nu-metal, i love slipknot, though i wouldn't consider myself a maggot. i live on long island, and they're always in Germany, Switzerland, and other european countries, so there's little to no chance of me seeing them anytime soon.

other than that i like korn, and i also listen to more hardcore, like rise against and adtr, and i also listen to some death metal like attila, whitechaple, and accacia strain. sry my spelling is really bad

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
So apparently pirate metal is a thing that exists, and no one told me about it until today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJkcGpyNxA&feature=relmfu

It's...it's fucking hilarious. I mean, it's decent music (I like it), but the lyrics are just hilarious and I can't get over the idea of it. Every song on this album has made me smile like an idiot so far, and that's a good thing.

Never heard of Alestorm until now? Eh, they have better songs than that.

[yt]mSLqhZk-hA4[/yt]
There is now a song to describe how I feel about college. I'm starting to like these guys more and more.

Now you're sad and frightened
Want to go and hide
Maybe get your masters
Eight more years inside
Dream of your own murder
Strangled by the IVY
Drown in student loans
Better off just dying

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Nope :( I'm late to the party, but thankfully the party never ends and has shittons of rum.

I bought their third album off of itunes. When I'm in the need for more pirate themed music, I'll grab their first or second one.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

I'm pretty much over my band-bashing phase, but I still never miss a chance to say that Alestorm sucks. Even if you find them catchy at first, it gets old. Fast.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I'm pretty much over my band-bashing phase, but I still never miss a chance to say that Alestorm sucks. Even if you find them catchy at first, it gets old. Fast.
While I'm mildly afraid of that happening, I've listened to Back Through Time about four times now and still enjoy it. Some of their songs are right ear worms.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I'm listening to Keelhauled and I'm not a big fan

but to each their own I guess, it just sounds weird to my ear. I've always disliked "pirate" music, so...

but whatever, I should do better than simply expressing dislike for someone elses preferences

I don't understand why I haven't listened to Mastodon in so long, I find them genuinely good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PTkjUfMMs this song was one of my favourites for the opening drum lick

triage

grats dude
has anyone heard the converge/napalm death split

ive only heard the napalm death side and i wanna hear converge's new songs so bad

T-RevTheTyrano

feel like i have a totally different taste in metal. the first band i thought of was Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria, but we all don't think alike i guess.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
feel like i have a totally different taste in metal. the first band i thought of was Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria, but we all don't think alike i guess.
That's not necessarily considered metal but it's such a technical and pointless bullshit debate that i'll hush

also, don't be afraid to post less than well known bands, a good mixture makes a savoury flavour. Feel free to even immerse yourself in the large amounts of death and black; rather glad to see such immense amounts on these boards. :3

I've been really into this band lately. Really freaking dark, atmospheric and heavy. They're from my state, too. :3

[yt]AfVwSUTQva8[/yt]

That's not necessarily considered metal but it's such a technical and pointless bullshit debate that i'll hush

also, don't be afraid to post less than well known bands, a good mixture makes a savoury flavour. Feel free to even immerse yourself in the large amounts of death and black; rather glad to see such immense amounts on these boards. :3

Yeah, while I like BMTH and Asking Alexandria, they're not metal; they're hardcore.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I've been really into this band lately. Really freaking dark, atmospheric and heavy. They're from my state, too. :3

[yt]AfVwSUTQva8[/yt]
i like what you post. :3
being in dire need of more music like this, it's always a gracing when you post; this is no different, i am in love with how everyone is total despair. i could do with a little more variance in the main guitar riff----aha just hit 1:05 that is really amazing
the ostinato works but since there's not many chord changes it does feel a little grinding at times, overall i'm loving it too :3
Yeah, while I like BMTH and Asking Alexandria, they're not metal; they're hardcore.
pretty much this; they're variants of punk

triage

grats dude
[video=youtube;2oN0LZtfce4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oN0LZtfce4[/video]
Asking Alexandria
tumblr_m94y6qKgee1qj2hir.gif

Xeras'na Bladewing

Guardian of the Twilight Realm
I enjoy a large amount of metal groups. Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Mastodon, and Cradle of Filth are some of my favorites.

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
^^^ real good
I love black, sludge, doom, anything dark, etc. But I also enjoy gimmicky hardcore riffs and junk. I used to like Dimmu, but thats like, extremely watered down. Like, breakdowns, 90's batman-sounding orchestra, and lyrics about nordic stuff. Not really my thang anymore.

I know theres a lot of kvlt elitists here. Anyone mind telling me any bands that might be like Liturgy but perhaps darker? I know their theme is like, enlightenment so they have a purer "righteous" vibe. Lyrics and vocal styles dont really matter to me. As long as theyre not like some of the silly black metal vocals you hear a lot.
Im looking for Wolves in the throne room but not as ambient. I just like their melodies.
[video=youtube;D2iwAAaEZvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iwAAaEZvE[/video]

Heres Liturgy in case you havent heard them. Like i said, I dont mind vocals, but Im totally digging this progressive black metal thing.
EDIT: Also, 1:35-1:47 is freakin beautiful!

Last edited:

Gucci Mane

Banned
Banned
[yt]3JdVHULw4Pk[/yt]

felching vampires is still available on ma as a band name bros
dont miss your chance

[yt]GunDEUG9c14[/yt]

^^^ dedicated 2u ^^^

Xeras'na Bladewing

Guardian of the Twilight Realm
The power of metal knows no bounds.

[yt]E0OLgIB7FlY[/yt]

[yt]Qj1ar0Ma_kA[/yt]

Last edited:

Coby

I like Five Finger Death Punch which I like so many others including A lot that's been posted by the rest of yall ^^

[spoiler="Ea - Aullu Eina (YouTube video part 1)][yt]8XGqhKyBcIo[/yt][/spoiler]
[spoiler="Ea - Aullu Eina (YouTube video part 2)][yt]k0IMZmzf3QY[/yt][/spoiler]
[spoiler="Ea - Aullu Eina (YouTube video part 3)][yt]ShzzdLZQG68[/yt][/spoiler]

Beautiful funeral doom.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Hmm, this thread is dead. I'm going to try to inject some life into it.

[yt]WoMLT2OFqjo[/yt]
This has to be one of the better Dimmu songs I've heard. I like how at times it almost sounds like Enya done heavy metal. Wonder if there's other songs of theirs like this.