• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

I like Hatebreed well enough, but jasta's voice is evolving weirdly, like he's holding words a tiny bit longer and a little more in his chest.

Zydrate Junkie

Name and rank soldier!
Fav metal band? If I have to pick ONE..... probably Korpiklaani... With GWAR, Decapitated, Red Fang, High on Fire,Strapping young lad,primus, and Skindred close behind.
YES! A Skindred man! You just can't beat welsh reggae metal.

Em1l

Just found this, Kinda metal and animal related

[video=youtube;swmuqGWgZCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=swmuqGWgZCc[/video]

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
So that BABYMETAL thread got me interested in the idea of "Japanese Metal" and I went a googling. Found a list of 20 bands and picked one with a cool sounding name. I got this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHyFNbVsj4c

Kinda like it. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any Japanese Metal bands worth looking at, otherwise I"m just gonna listen to this band's newest CD via youtube and see if it's worth getting.

I found some more melodeath stuff earlier, but since I don't know Japanese, pretty much everything about it is lost on me and it sounds like incomprehensible screaming.

So that BABYMETAL thread got me interested in the idea of "Japanese Metal" and I went a googling. Found a list of 20 bands and picked one with a cool sounding name. I got this:

Kinda like it. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any Japanese Metal bands worth looking at, otherwise I"m just gonna listen to this band's newest CD via youtube and see if it's worth getting.

I found some more melodeath stuff earlier, but since I don't know Japanese, pretty much everything about it is lost on me and it sounds like incomprehensible screaming.

[yt]DT1ElOWUJok[/yt]

[yt]dJaRu8y4Kh0[/yt]

[yt]BLMVU8ZSEVI[/yt]

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
A full 2 minutes of "holy shit!"

Awesome! I love that chaotic mathcore sound...
Try this:
[video=youtube;PfT3vcG4qZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfT3vcG4qZc[/video]
It's ridiculously catchy.
Also Fellsilent are pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgquXka0sig

Nice! I can't help thinking of Malmsteen while listening to this (or any neoclassical influenced metal for that matter. It's kind of analagous to people who hear progressive metal and instantly think Meshuggah.) but they certainly have their own spin on things.

Oh, and Cchytale Murilega... That Imperial Circus Dead Decadence track was awesome.

Conker

Sampled all three. From an instrumental standpoint, those songs were fucking badass and I liked them. But once the vocals hit in I kinda lost interest. I can tolerate some of that kind of screaming when it's in English, but when it's in a language I don't know, it might as well be as;dlfiwqperoi6tw;yj'[e57pou8k'hj;lkgh semicolons and all.

Vukasin

Sex Machineguns:
[yt]xIZsojH-WT0[/yt]

X Japan:
[yt]ykRcEztUOz8[/yt]

These bands are more 80's metal-ish, so I'm not sure that's what you're looking for, but I really like them.

Last edited:

Namba

Try this

Dude, how come I've never heard of these guys? That was pretty fucking good, I'm gonna have to look at some more of their stuff.

Know who I've been digging lately? Some Old Man Gloom.

[video=youtube;BbWXNVsc4qk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbWXNVsc4qk[/video]

EDIT: Some asswipe slowed it down. The original can be found here.

Last edited:

Em1l

Try this:
[video=youtube;PfT3vcG4qZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfT3vcG4qZc[/video]
It's ridiculously catchy.

Love Sikth, they hail from my home town, shame they split ways

Demensa

Dude, how come I've never heard of these guys? That was pretty fucking good, I'm gonna have to look at some more of their stuff.

Know who I've been digging lately? Some Old Man Gloom.

EDIT: Some asswipe slowed it down. The original can be found here.

Very heavy... like the whole song was just a breakdown. I like it.
Love Sikth, they hail from my home town, shame they split ways

Wow, that's awesome.
Also, if you haven't heard this album, I think you would enjoy it. (Judging by your prog metal tastes, although there's plenty of neo-classical influence on here as well)
For FREE!

http://mendelian.bandcamp.com/

Conker

Sex Machineguns:
X Japan:
These bands are more 80's metal-ish, so I'm not sure that's what you're looking for, but I really like them.
The former was fucking awesome. Holy shit. Sounded very 80's though :p, but I liked that a lot.

I've actually listened to the latter a bit. A friend of mine sent me a few CDs under the guise of jpop. Wasn't much of a fan then, though I didn't actually check the song out. They could have went in a new direction, but i had like two or three of their CDs at one point.

Edit: yeah. I've heard that X Japan song before. It's alright.

can't find the Sex Machineguns on itunes :[

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Hm. Opeth is coming to tucson this summer, about 15 minutes from my house. I'll probably go see them even though I'm not too into their new stuff. Because nobody ever comes to fucking tucson and I'll take what I can get

Demensa

Hm. Opeth is coming to tucson this summer, about 15 minutes from my house. I'll probably go see them even though I'm not too into their new stuff. Because nobody ever comes to fucking tucson and I'll take what I can get

They're coming to Australia as well, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go. (Not that I'm very deep into their music, but it would be nice.)

You'll have to tell me about it if you do go. I'm wondering how much new material/old material they would play...

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
You'll have to tell me about it if you do go. I'm wondering how much new material/old material they would play...

Yeah. I really hope Mikael hasn't given up his growling because I actually do really like his voice. But I may be in for a whole evening of Damnation and Heritage...I guess we'll see

Conker

I can relate to that! We don't get many bands here in small little La Crosse, but I go to what we do get. Ts how I learned about Atom Smash and Edison, and both turned out to be pretty awesome rock bands. Met some of the guys in Edison when they signed my album.

Rivers Bluetail

Furry Little Blue Guy
I'm a pretty big metal fan, my favorite is industrial metal. Rammstein, Eisbrecher... you get the idea. Any other Metallica / Pantera nerds here? Metal guitarists?

Demensa

Yeah. I really hope Mikael hasn't given up his growling because I actually do really like his voice. But I may be in for a whole evening of Damnation and Heritage...I guess we'll see

So what's your opinion on Heritage anyways? Obviously it's been a little divisive between fans...

I can relate to that! We don't get many bands here in small little La Crosse, but I go to what we do get. Ts how I learned about Atom Smash and Edison, and both turned out to be pretty awesome rock bands. Met some of the guys in Edison when they signed my album.

Yeah, we get nothing much as well in the town I live in... It's good you found some good bands though. The only gigs I go to here are ones that my friends play in...

I'm a pretty big metal fan, my favorite is industrial metal. Rammstein, Eisbrecher... you get the idea. Any other Metallica / Pantera nerds here? Metal guitarists?

I went through a Metallica/Pantera/Slayer phase pretty big a few years ago. While I still like them, I only rarely listen to them. Regarding metal guitarists... I try...

Also, @Furry Anarchy, A7X is one of my guilty pleasures in music.
However, the band is just not the same without the Rev. I loved the direction they were going in with their self titled and I feel that it was highly Rev influenced.

Last edited: