• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

DivinePrince

Non-Anthro Artist
I listen to Symphonic/Melodic Black Metal, Folk Metal, Industrial Metal ( my fave), Avant-garde metal. Aaand that's about it.

Industrial Metal: has electro-industrial influences.

[video=youtube;BpNV06UWBYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNV06UWBYI[/video]

And why yes! I am happily Anti-god! Christianity fucking sucks! There are many religions that are so much better! Ahahahaha!! <3

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
And here I thought everyone got a good laugh whenever that name came up xD

I get a laugh out of christian metal in general...it just sounds so wrong (the term...there are a few good-ish christian metal bands).

I get a laugh out of christian metal in general...it just sounds so wrong (the term...there are a few good-ish christian metal bands).

If they weren't usually terrible, it might be worth listening, given I usually can't understand half the lyrics I listen to, but AILD isn't metal so...eh *shrug*.

Em1l

heh, I feel exactly the same way, I can understand some supposedly "christian" bands that appear to actually explore religious themes in their lyrics such as The Devil Wears Prada but you then have other bands like Betraying the Martyrs that seem so far from anything I would associate with christianity or religion in general. But then again I have yet to find any band that labels it's self with a religion that is to my taste as it all seems very gimmicky.

Wolveon

I swear I will not kill anyone
heh, I feel exactly the same way, I can understand some supposedly "christian" bands that appear to actually explore religious themes in their lyrics such as The Devil Wears Prada but you then have other bands like Betraying the Martyrs that seem so far from anything I would associate with christianity or religion in general. But then again I have yet to find any band that labels it's self with a religion that is to my taste as it all seems very gimmicky.
Betraying the Martyrs have definitely strayed from the Christian theme. Still not really listenable...
Personally, I myself am Christian, but agree that most Christian metal is laughable. There are some good bands like Mortification and Living Sacrifice, and... Uh...

when I think "christian metal" for some reason I always think of Moral Orel and the band "Multiple Godgasm" that made a few appearances on that show, then I just remember "BUUUURN IN HEAVEN!!!"

Major props for that reference :v

Vukasin

AILD isn't metal so...eh *shrug*.
I know a lot of metalheads aren't huge fans of metalcore, but that doesn't exclude it from being a metal sub genre. I can see maybe it's roots not being that metal since it leans towards hardcore punk, but it's hard to claim that bands like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains or As I lay Dying aren't metal.

I know a lot of metalheads aren't huge fans of metalcore, but that doesn't exclude it from being a metal sub genre. I can see maybe it's roots not being that metal since it leans towards hardcore punk, but it's hard to claim that bands like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains or As I lay Dying aren't metal.

Much like how you separated hardcore punk from metal, that is why people separate metalcore from metal.

Those bands are awful either way though :v

come on man...Moral Orel was awesome.

I completely agree. Super fucking dark too.

[video=youtube;ZAOZEkfi-1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOZEkfi-1o[/video]

This song starts to get really good around the 5 minute 20 mark, even though it's a pretty slow build up to that point. The lyrics are pretty depressing throughout the album though >_>

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Much like how you separated hardcore punk from metal, that is why people separate metalcore from metal. >

I don't think the punk aspect has anything to do with it...keep in mind thrash metal has VERY heavy punk influences, Slayer did a whole freakin' album of punk covers, and when was the last time anyone ever said fucking Slayer wasn't metal? metalcore just gets a bad rap because of the fact that most of it is mediocre at best.

Vukasin

Much like how you separated hardcore punk from metal, that is why people separate metalcore from metal.
Metalcore is a fusion genre, so you can't really separate it. Thrash metal is a fusion of NWOBHM and hardcore punk but people don't separate it, so why do we need to separate a mix of hardcore punk and extreme metal?

metalcore just gets a bad rap because of the fact that most of it is mediocre at best.
It got oversaturated because of it's popularity so a lot of it is pretty mediocre. There are lots of good bands in there though.

Namba

Man, I'm so happy Josh Scogin is far from finished with making music with his new two piece band '68. Even better is this sick music video idea he came up with where you have to sync up two separate videos to get the full experience. Check it out.

[video=youtube;mwG-Pyxk1WU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwG-Pyxk1WU[/video]

Em1l

Still on the subject of "Christian metal", Betraying the Martyrs appear to be covering songs from Disney films now.

[video=youtube;HtkGluLhnGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkGluLhnGU[/video]

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Oh please, don't make this thread into 'that isn't metal cry cry I'm a little bitch' DON'T MAKE ME GO KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS

Heavy Metal -> Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden

Metal -> Any other stuff influnced by the above, or bands influnced by above.

NOW STFU

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Alestorm and Godsmack both have new albums out next month.

I'm seeing Alter Bridge and Five Finger Death Punch this Friday.

Pretty happy with those things.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Oh please, don't make this thread into 'that isn't metal cry cry I'm a little bitch' DON'T MAKE ME GO KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS

Heavy Metal -> Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden

Metal -> Any other stuff influnced by the above, or bands influnced by above.

NOW STFU
Even that's needlessly overcomplicated. It should just be:

Metal -> Music that for some bizarre reason makes you think that doing this for hours is actually a good idea.
giphy.gif

NOW STFU

Wolveon

I swear I will not kill anyone
Well, now that we've got that out of the way...

[video=youtube;VwXKR9EWhXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwXKR9EWhXo[/video]

Hatebeak is a death metal band, formed by Blake Harrison, Mark Sloan, and Waldo, a 21-year-old Congo African Grey Parrot. Hatebeak is the only band to have an "avian" vocalist."

Last edited:

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Well, now that we've got that out of the way...

[video=youtube;VwXKR9EWhXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwXKR9EWhXo[/video]
The vocals actually reminded me of this guy.

[yt]M1vwnr_u6fc[/yt]

[video=youtube;OfcpStknXmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfcpStknXmk[/video]

There's something about this song that works for me