• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy metal (or no metal at all) The Brutal thread

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
I... don't get it. It sounds exactly like Dimmu Borgir, which you and everyone else here seems to hate. I mean, I'm not a fan of black metal or anything but I've tried listening to it many times before, including Demon Burger, and this sounds pretty indistinguishable from them. :V
the difference is these guys don't flaunt their orchestral influences, they're pushed back and the black metal is the emphasis.

plus deathcode society haven't been doing the same thing and growing stagnant for over a decade.

also the new single by Dimmu grew on me >:
1) Any guilty pleasures as far as metal goes?
I guess I'm pretty ashamed of loving these guys.
[yt]gAXjoe_ghqE[/yt]

(emphasis on guys btw)

Hir

oh god Immortal made a new music video

and it's just as goofy as all of their other ones

[yt]sOOebk_dKFo[/yt]

song's pretty damn good though, but I've already heard it from the album several times.

Gerjis

1) Any guilty pleasures as far as metal goes?
and 2) This thread's birthday is coming up on the 20th. What do you plan to get it?
1. Dream Evil. A band so metal they painted themselves silver... I cant help it I still like them.
[video=youtube;JgzFMPPH340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgzFMPPH340[/video]
2. What do I plan to get it? Laid.

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
1. Dream Evil. A band so metal they painted themselves silver... I cant help it I still like them.
[video=youtube;JgzFMPPH340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgzFMPPH340[/video]
2. What do I plan to get it? Laid.
0:43 I almost blew apple juice out of my nose.

oh god Immortal made a new music video

and it's just as goofy as all of their other ones

[yt]sOOebk_dKFo[/yt]

song's pretty damn good though, but I've already heard it from the album several times.
And I thought metalcore was crabcore. Seriously though, he's crackin me up. And theyve gotten so much better than they used to be.
Another reason why it's a guilty pleasure. Breakdowns suck.
Breakdowns are crowd pleasers. My band does breakdowns seperate from songs. Like, we have breakdowns that will only be heard live. My fav's the one I wrote (imagine that) called "Beefy Five Layer". Its a mix between math and black metal.

And btw, btbam is my second favourite metal band so you should feel guilty.

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
Breakdowns are crowd pleasers. My band does breakdowns seperate from songs. Like, we have breakdowns that will only be heard live. My fav's the one I wrote (imagine that) called "Beefy Five Layer". Its a mix between math and black metal.

I hate when bands do that. Breakdowns can be so much more than just "O hai, where gonna do some open chugs, lets see some spin kicks and windmills".

Oh and I changed my mind. Within the Ruins picked the right song for their music video.

And I totally didn't realize I double posted, my B.

Last edited:

Hir

Oh my god, I fucking LOVE that band. >_<
I was listening to it when I saw this post. XD
thanks for making me feel better about myself
I like Hair/Glam(fag) Metal.
oh god don't tell me you like Cold Lake by Celtic Frost pleeeeeeease

anyway, been obsessed with Black Wreath for the last week. very good funeral doom.

[yt]gEZVXY7AtpA[/yt]

Aeturnus

\m/ Rock on \m/
thanks for making me feel better about myself

oh god don't tell me you like Cold Lake by Celtic Frost pleeeeeeease

Nope. More on the lines of Motley Crue, Lita Ford and Vixen, with some guilty pleasures from Poison, Bon Jovi, and Cinderella.

Bloodshot_Eyes

[yt]JtKgveqZFlw[/yt]
EDIT: Wait huh? this song's only supposed to be 8:50... :?

[yt]tTKxGhf2Yyw[/yt]
Also good. :3

Last edited:

MichaelFoster

[yt]JtKgveqZFlw[/yt]
5:56 and on sounds exactly like something my band does, but we have vocals cos we be mainstream like that.
brb burning all my BtBaM CDs

well, maybe I'll keep colors_live
Not if I burn mine first! Jk, I only have Alaska and Great Misdirect. And was Colors that good? They said themselves it was themost musical and by far the best. I dont have money to buy it yet, but it's on my list after a Sunn soundboard that im gunna get for my birthday on the 30th.

MichaelFoster

[yt]JtKgveqZFlw[/yt]
5:56 and on sounds exactly like something my band does, but we have vocals cos we be mainstream like that.
brb burning all my BtBaM CDs

well, maybe I'll keep colors_live
Not if I burn mine first! Jk, I only have Alaska and Great Misdirect. And was Colors that good? They said themselves it was themost musical and by far the best. I dont have money to buy it yet, but it's on my list after a Sunn soundboard that im gunna get for my birthday on the 30th.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

It was one of my favorite albums for a long while. As a whole, better than Alaska. Undecided if I like it better than TGM, but I think I do. TGM and Colors are kind of idealistically different when it comes to songwriting if that explains it at all.

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
It was one of my favorite albums for a long while. As a whole, better than Alaska. Undecided if I like it better than TGM, but I think I do. TGM and Colors are kind of idealistically different when it comes to songwriting if that explains it at all.

Colors was fucking epic, I definitely say it's better than TGM.

Also, amazing instrumental:
[yt]gm5LcLCGluQ[/yt]

Last edited:

Aden

Indeed. But with tGM they've actually refined their songwriting a lot. More things are there for a purpose, there are less awkward transitions. I dunno, Colors is going to come out on top in the end but tGM is somewhat of a contender. Maybe if Swim to the Moon were more epic, then I'd like tGM more.

Aden

double post ahoy

New TesseracT EP, "Concealing Fate", is out. If you like djent, check it out. I like the mixing on their demos more and I miss their old vocalist ( :c ), but it's a good listen.

Kreevox

Groovy Kitsune

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.
[yt]JtKgveqZFlw[/yt]

HEY! I came in here with the intention of posting something from that album!!!!!! XDXD Damn straight been rolling a lot of Wretched anddddd.....

[video=youtube;zwuReRw23_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwuReRw23_0[/video]

These guys. :) I'm on a huge Devin Townsend kick as a whole right now. Listening to his solo work, Strapping, and DTP a ton right now. :D

Shred Uhh Sore Us

Unbreakable
My shitty generic metalcore band has some new recordings up on myspace if anyone wants to hear them.

All the songs are pretty old, the recordings are just new. Dude took 2 fucking months almost to get the final mixes back to me, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Got hooked up at 130 a track, flat rate.

http://myspace.com/12yearsago

Our drummer wrote one of those songs, care to take a guess at which one? If you can make it through all of them that is haha

MichaelFoster

Yeah, it does. One Alaska, I liked the song "Alaska" and loved "Selkies", which got me to buy the album.

The first song I heard from BtBaM was "Fossil Genera". I also love "Mirrors" and the way it went into "Obfuscation" (which has a badass video). Plus, when I bought Alaska, there was a used TGM for $5.99 so I jumped all over that shit.

My shitty generic metalcore band has some new recordings up on myspace if anyone wants to hear them.

All the songs are pretty old, the recordings are just new. Dude took 2 fucking months almost to get the final mixes back to me, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Got hooked up at 130 a track, flat rate.

http://myspace.com/12yearsago

Our drummer wrote one of those songs, care to take a guess at which one? If you can make it through all of them that is haha
I was trying to find any vids of you guys a week or two ago. Do you have any? (Live vids)

And check dis bitch out!
[video=youtube;sjKEHL9XJKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKEHL9XJKE&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/video]
They're like Necrophagist with good vocals! :D