• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heavy Rain

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
[video=youtube;wMUfUpvFOFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUfUpvFOFg[/video]
^yep, that's all gameplay.

Okay, aside from the bugs I experienced and some plot holes, this game was pretty awesome. Story was one of the best I've experienced in a game in quite some time. Sure, starts off slow, but by the end it builds into a rip-roaring showdown and an "on the edge of your seat" ending.

The beauty is, there are multiple endings depending on how good of a detective you are with your 4 characters. It can change dramatically with just one choice how you will end the story and just what goes down in the final showdown. And rest assured, the ending will have something jaw-dropping happen for you.

Essentially, you play as 4 characters with different backgrounds:
Ethan Mars, an architect
Maddison Paige, a photographer/journalist
Norman Jayden, an FBI agent with some CSI quality evidence gathering skills
Scott Shelby, a private investigator.
All 4 of you are on separate missions to stop a serial killer known as the Origami Killer, and stop the brutal string of murders of young children.

Well, as you can guess, this game's got a load of spoilers, so make sure you use the spoiler code if you're gonna talk about plot details.

If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to give it a try in the trial version you can pick up for free. If you can make it through the first part, you'll have a great time with a list of characters that will draw you in to their minds.

Xenke

I remember watching someone play this.

It's not really my style or genre of game, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
I remember watching someone play this.

It's not really my style or genre of game, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

Yeah, if you don't mind giving up more set controls for a kind of immersion it can be great, but overall sometimes I sat there and though "wow, I wish I could just bust a cap in this guy". I'm usually someone that likes action/adventure games with a pretty standard selection of controls (x for jump, bring weapon sights up with a shoulder button, fire with another shoulder button, bunch with square, take cover with circle).

It took some getting used to at first. Still, it feels elegant at times when you're pressing buttons in a piano sequence or rocking a baby to sleep. And then there's the gut wrenching fights, where you kinda feel panic like the characters. Obviously I can't force you to try it, but if you get a chance and are bored like I was, give the game a whirl-- like I said, freebie demo in the Playstation Store. You won't regret it.

Xenke

Yeah, if you don't mind giving up more set controls for a kind of immersion it can be great, but overall sometimes I sat there and though "wow, I wish I could just bust a cap in this guy". I'm usually someone that likes action/adventure games with a pretty standard selection of controls (x for jump, bring weapon sights up with a shoulder button, fire with another shoulder button, bunch with square, take cover with circle).

It took some getting used to at first. Still, it feels elegant at times when you're pressing buttons in a piano sequence or rocking a baby to sleep. And then there's the gut wrenching fights, where you kinda feel panic like the characters. Obviously I can't force you to try it, but if you get a chance and are bored like I was, give the game a whirl-- like I said, freebie demo in the Playstation Store. You won't regret it.

Well, the fact that I watched someone as they played it start to finish, 100% complete, kinda of ruins any sense of suspense in the game for me. In all honestly, if no one had played it at college I probably would have played it.

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
JASON?! JAAASSOOONNN!

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I'm going to buy a PS3 just to play this game. All the little jokes (like "Fucking asshole!") and the gameplay are great to look at. Not to mention it's so great looking.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
THIS IS NAHMAN JAYDEHN, EFF BEE AI.
YOU GOT A BADGE MR. JAYDEN?
Yeah

Yeah awv coahs.
JASON?! JAAASSOOONNN!
I see you found the X button.
My favorite: press O for sex :p
My favorite line of his is "DAMN FUCKING SHIT"

I'm going to buy a PS3 just to play this game. All the little jokes (like "Fucking asshole!") and the gameplay are great to look at. Not to mention it's so great looking.
Yeah, for all its perks, it still has some hilariously awkward moments built in. You'd have a blast. Just don't look at their teeth.

Last edited:

Carnie

I loved indigo prophecy, I can't forget doing my best to hold my breath in the asylum. I'm pretty much going to have to get this.

Schwimmwagen

I didn't get to finish the game (My save file decided to shit itself) but I have to say, it was awesome and I'd love to see more games like it.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
I didn't get to finish the game (My save file decided to shit itself) but I have to say, it was awesome and I'd love to see more games like it.

D: did you at least get to find out who the killer was? Cause that would totally blow it having to look it up, haha.

Love!

Banned
Banned
all i know about this game is that you have to press x to shaun

Schwimmwagen

D: did you at least get to find out who the killer was? Cause that would totally blow it having to look it up, haha.

No! D: But I was doing so well, I felt. I had everyone alive. :3 (Do you happen to remember the apartment scene where you play as the chick? I won't spoil it with too much detail on how it actually ends but MAN that had my heart going.)

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
No! D: But I was doing so well, I felt. I had everyone alive. :3 (Do you happen to remember the apartment scene where you play as the chick? I won't spoil it with too much detail on how it actually ends but MAN that had my heart going.)

Oh yeah, I was like "I can go here and grab the phone, or I could make a break for it". I did NOT see that ending coming. Still the scene with the doctor was probably the most pulse-pounding scenes with Maddison in it.
taking that drink was a really BAD idea, but the fight was worth it.

And anyone that said they knew who the killer was to begin with had to have cheated and looked it up or known somehow before playing. Cause when I found out I was all D:

Schwimmwagen

Maaan, I really gotta play now. I just love the fight scenes in it. (Actually, I remember playing as the detective guy and you're in some fancy-ass party.
I think I found out who the killer was then. But it may have been a lie from the guy.

I really need to play it again but the fact that I've lost my "story" so far ruins it for me! D:

PS: These spoiler tags are SHITE. D:

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
Maaan, I really gotta play now. I just love the fight scenes in it. (Actually, I remember playing as the detective guy and you're in some fancy-ass party.
I think I found out who the killer was then. But it may have been a lie from the guy.

I really need to play it again but the fact that I've lost my "story" so far ruins it for me! D:

PS: These spoiler tags are SHITE. D:
Yep, spoilers suck here evidently, you gotta hover a mouse over them to make them turn black while your cursor is off of it.

On the plus side, you know exactly what to do this time, so catching back up won't be too big of a deal. Plus, you can fix anything you might have botched the first time.