• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hello! Am I too old for this?

Orla

No. No I am not. :)

I'm fairly new to the furry scene, but have always had an interest in anthromorphic art and stories and such. I spent my childhood daydreaming I was in the world of Disney's 'Robin Hood', and dont regret a minute of it!

Well, a bit about me..
I'm Orla, a single mother of three little devi- .... I mean angels.
I enjoy video games (mostly Nintendo... Pokemon, Zelda, etc), superhero comics/shows/movies. I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel, but I don't hate Marvel.
I love reading everything from Harry Potter to biographies of baroque music composers.
I used to draw a lot, wolves especially, but lost the talent over the years. I'm slowly trying to get back into it. Tips for youngins: Don't stop practicing the things in life that make your heart sing! Age creeps up on you fast, and everything gets more difficult! (Anyone who says life gets easier as you get older is lying to you!)

Ahem. I also like to craft. Felted pokemon, clay fox figurines, unidentifiable globs covered in glitter... you get the idea. :)

As for my fursona... wolves are my favorite animal and have been since I was 4, but I honestly can't decide if my fursona should be a wolf or a feline of some sort. My personality is much more cat-like, and I love caracals, so... I'll get back to you on that.

I hope to make some friends here of all ages, so feel free to shoot me a message! ^_^

F

FluffyShutterbug

Hello! It looks like I'm the first one to reply to your hello. I'm also relatively new to the furry scene as well, but like you, I've loved anthropomorphic characters since my childhood days of playing Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on the original PlayStation. Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome to FA! :)

P

PixelVixen

Hello Orla, nice to meet you :)
I really loved reading your post. I agree with what you say. I'm slowly getting back into art after Lord knows how many periods of inactivity. I love to draw mostly but I have dabbled in clay as well (though I'm not that good XD) I also thought I may be too old, but I believe you have to go with what feels right to you ~ we only get one chance and we have to make the best of it, so we should love the things that make us happy. I've always loved art, and appreciate all kinds of mediums ~ one of my favourites is animation, and I still like to watch cartoons with a genuine appreciation for their creation, and if others may think it odd or "childish", then....LET THEM, lol! Anyway, I hope you're well :) I love the caracal picture in your avatar. I love cats and foxes; my favourite animals :)

Tezzy Fur

Hey Orla

Happy to have you on the forum. I'm pretty new here myself and i'm 33 like you, so if I'm not too old then your not too old :p lots of people get into the fandom at diffrent times in their life, as long as your getting something out of it then that's all that matters. As for your fursona, I'm a husky so I'm naturally going to pitch for you to be a wolf, always need some fellow pups on the forum. Some furs have a few diffrent fursonas so don't feel as though it's one or the other.

Glad you've decided to take the plunge into all things furry. Come often, post lots and have fun :)

Ps: I was worried about being a little too old for the fandom but decided to dive in after reading this article in the guardian so maybe it'll help you too.

www.theguardian.com: I’m a furry. And I’m finally at home with my wild side | Brian Switek