• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hello everyone

Hello!

I thank you to anyone who sees this I'm very new to this fandom, but I love it very much and one of my friends are In the fandom. Everyone seems really nice here so I would love to talk to people!

Here's the things I'm into, sort of like a background to what I do.

Gaming wise, I love The MOTHER series as well and most good story rich RPG's (undertale, One-shot) If anyone has got a good recommendation to any, that would mean a lot to me because I have a constant hunger for that type of genre but never find something close. I also would love to talk about these types of games because no-one I know In real life has a clue to what It Is.

I'm Into a lot of Coding I do mostly python as It was a base for me to start making annoying as hell spam bots to anyone I know on discord, but now I'm starting to do web bot type stuff If anyone working on the same thing, I would love to learn off of you :3.

Writing and making stories Is a cool hobby of mine, I like to just make random stories to make context to strange things, or giving character to something, I'm alright at RP but i always know i can be better, ill probably try to get better before i do any on here.

Anyway this Is just a hello and thank to anyone who reads this I appreciate It and hopefully I can chat to some people, make friends and be involved In the fandom.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
A gamer who's also into coding.... Meowies! Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find many spots to enjoy yourself around here, we are friendly UwU (Well, mostly. Just like any other place around the world!)

I'm always fascinated to see people who're into or even good at those I quit and I once admired. In your case, coding. Meh... I'm an inconsistent and lazy lil moggy so... Nevermind >p<

And the games, you mean those story-based pixel style games? Oh I adore them... but unfortunately those videos from streamers made me lose the value to actually play em myself... The typical example is Undertale. I got spoilers slapped on my face thanks to my 'kind' pals, then I watched the videos first before actually playing the game. So the game... failed to encourage me to progress on my own XP

Anyways, again, welcome to the fandom!

FunniValentine

Valentine
Welcome to the forums! If you like games like MOTHER and Undertale, I'd definitely recommend OFF by Mortis Ghost, it is a incredibly interesting story turn based RPG that is a little weird at times, but I absolutely love it.
I hope you enjoy your stay!

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
*Terrier noises*

A gamer who's also into coding.... Meowies! Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find many spots to enjoy yourself around here, we are friendly UwU (Well, mostly. Just like any other place around the world!)

I'm always fascinated to see people who're into or even good at those I quit and I once admired. In your case, coding. Meh... I'm an inconsistent and lazy lil moggy so... Nevermind >p<

And the games, you mean those story-based pixel style games? Oh I adore them... but unfortunately those videos from streamers made me lose the value to actually play em myself... The typical example is Undertale. I got spoilers slapped on my face thanks to my 'kind' pals, then I watched the videos first before actually playing the game. So the game... failed to encourage me to progress on my own XP

Anyways, again, welcome to the fandom!
I'm kinda moggy with coding aswell XD, if you need help, I'll give it a try! (What language did u do I'm curious :3)

I love that type of art, especially the story attached to them. I can very much relate to the video spoilers to undertale and earthbound etc, Its a pain!, I already knew the ending from my friends and youtube which killed my interest but still give it a try! you will still love the story and characters if your up for the task!

Thank you so much its a huge courage booster it took me ages to post this ^w^

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
We're always happy to welcome new fandom new fandom members!

If you're curious about web bot/other bot applications, check out my Discord bot, Flume, on GitHub (its all in Node.JS, so a bit of a step up from Python but Im more comfortable with JS compared to Python.)

And you can also check out the rest of my github if you have a passing interest in shitty .NET applications lol (planning on releasing some newer things Ive been working on soon)

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
We're always happy to welcome new fandom new fandom members!

If you're curious about web bot/other bot applications, check out my Discord bot, Flume, on GitHub (its all in Node.JS, so a bit of a step up from Python but Im more comfortable with JS compared to Python.)

And you can also check out the rest of my github if you have a passing interest in shitty .NET applications lol (planning on releasing some newer things Ive been working on soon)
Wow! I had a look at your GitHub page and its full of cool stuff, definitely will look at the python ones but I agree with what you said about JS, I've been thinking for awhile but I should probably move to it at some stage ^ ^. I'll try looking at some resources to start on command based scripts then using libraries. (do you know any good resources to start?)

Looking forward to your new projects!, Thank you.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Welcome!

Mother 3 is top 5 game of all time for me, and Mother 2/Earthbound is at least top 15 as well if not top 10 tbh. Anyways...love the series, and I replay them all the time, even the oh-so-painful Mother 1!

If you are looking for recommendations and like the Mother series for it's bizarre designs and atmosphere check out Hylics 1&2, both of which are the product of one person's hard work similarly to Undertale. Hylics 1 takes like 3 hours to complete and costs like $3 so start with that one and see if you'd be interested in its more fleshed out sequel Hylics 2.

If you're looking for quirky dialog but don't mind a dark, violent, and hypermasculine atmosphere check out the Lisa series. The highlight here is the massive amount of party member recruits.

Fallout 1 and 2 aee turn-based games that uses a darkly satarized old America landscape, a ton of quirky dialog, a lot of charm, and with 2 in particular if you're careful with using autosaves and keeping your guests HP up you can have a ragtag group of misfits for your entire playthrough so long as you max out charisma. Fallout 1 has a similar atmosphere and charm just be aware guests are harder to keep alive. If you're patient play Fallout 1 first, it's not long compared to Fallout 2.

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
Wow! I had a look at your GitHub page and its full of cool stuff, definitely will look at the python ones but I agree with what you said about JS, I've been thinking for awhile but I should probably move to it at some stage ^ ^. I'll try looking at some resources to start on command based scripts then using libraries. (do you know any good resources to start?)

Looking forward to your new projects!, Thank you.
Thankie!! And Flume uses discord.js and discord.js-commando for most of it to work, so those are good libraries for JS to look into. They all come off of Node.

and thankie!

Welcome!

Mother 3 is top 5 game of all time for me, and Mother 2/Earthbound is at least top 15 as well if not top 10 tbh. Anyways...love the series, and I replay them all the time, even the oh-so-painful Mother 1!

If you are looking for recommendations and like the Mother series for it's bizarre designs and atmosphere check out Hylics 1&2, both of which are the product of one person's hard work similarly to Undertale. Hylics 1 takes like 3 hours to complete and costs like $3 so start with that one and see if you'd be interested in its more fleshed out sequel Hylics 2.

If you're looking for quirky dialog but don't mind a dark, violent, and hypermasculine atmosphere check out the Lisa series. The highlight here is the massive amount of party member recruits.

Fallout 1 and 2 aee turn-based games that uses a darkly satarized old America landscape, a ton of quirky dialog, a lot of charm, and with 2 in particular if you're careful with using autosaves and keeping your guests HP up you can have a ragtag group of misfits for your entire playthrough so long as you max out charisma. Fallout 1 has a similar atmosphere and charm just be aware guests are harder to keep alive. If you're patient play Fallout 1 first, it's not long compared to Fallout 2.
Mother 3 Is definitely a top 5, earthbound top 10. Have you tried the older paper mario games?, my personal favorite is The Thousand Year Door, its got a very cool atmosphere and the story is always interesting!

I actually got Hylics 1 recently, I found It more experience than story-wise, definitely love the unique art and the dialogue!

Heard of Lisa series definitely will give It a try, looks dark but it has seems to have a rich story and the earthbound type atmosphere.

Fallout 1&2 have been recommended from friends of mine and I've actually played a bit and It looks got might give It a shot. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for the recommendation might try out some games :3

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I tried the original Paper Mario back when it came out and was very 'meh' about it but a lot of people praise Thousand Year Door as a great RPG, if I can get a gamecube emulator working I'd be willing to check it out.

I don't think Lisa has a particularly rich story so don't overhype it for yourself, it shines more in the character category. My suggestions lean more towards Mother 1 & 2 than 3, I don't know of too many games that are pure literature the way Mother 3 was.

Hylics 2 is to Hylics 1 what Mother 2 is to Mother 1 if that makes any sense, so if you enjoyed that experience but wish it was more fleshed out, hella check out Hylics 2. Pure art.

Pretty common suggestion here but if you're looking for an emotional story that's Mother 3 levels of tearjerker, Final Fantasy 10. If you've managed to not getting around to checking that game out.

Last edited:

Hound-of-chulainn

Welcome aboard. ^_^ I haven't actually done much in Python in a while, but I used it at my last job for some automation nonsense, it was pretty fun using their Automation packages to do menial tasks for me. xD I dabble in all kinds of stuff, so if you have any random questions feel free to shoot me a message. I never got to play the Mother serious, but my favorite RPG of all time has to be Zettai Hero Project, it's super absurd and comical, and I recommend it to anyone that likes turn based strategy JRPGs. It also has a bunch of cameo characters/items from various anime.

Thankie!! And Flume uses discord.js and discord.js-commando for most of it to work, so those are good libraries for JS to look into. They all come off of Node.

and thankie!
Np ^ ^
Recommend any IDE for java?, might start tinkering around and see If I can sorta bring across some knowledge.
I'll keep those libraries in mind, as I might try to make a discord bot when I get comfortable with the language.

Anyway thank you for the coding help :3

Welcome aboard. ^_^ I haven't actually done much in Python in a while, but I used it at my last job for some automation nonsense, it was pretty fun using their Automation packages to do menial tasks for me. xD I dabble in all kinds of stuff, so if you have any random questions feel free to shoot me a message. I never got to play the Mother serious, but my favorite RPG of all time has to be Zettai Hero Project, it's super absurd and comical, and I recommend it to anyone that likes turn based strategy JRPGs. It also has a bunch of cameo characters/items from various anime.
I had a look at the RPG and its only on playstation which is annoying ;-;. I would love to check It out though!

Thanks for letting me msg you if I need help, I might move to JS as I can do alot more of the stuff I want to do (building games, Modifying games and some other stuff) I appreciate the gesture, thanks! :3

Trevorbluesquirrel

Hi Tasty Fox!

Besides the Paper Marios, I enjoyed DRAGON WARRIOR on NES! Its random pop up battles you can't avoid, and the grinding were mildly annoying for awhile, but once you get stronger and get items to help, it gets better to play! Its got some clever puzzles too!

It is NES, so the graphics and music are really basic, and the final boss is super easy once you're powered up, but I liked it, even though I'm not really into RPG's barely at all! And thankfully, the save battery in my cart still works!