• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hello furry writers

AlexStone

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hi to others who write. It can be furry related or not or both. I write both furry and non-furry. I haven't had time to finish my first one because of college and work demands (plus I just moved) but plan to and have several fics on the way. I do mainly romance, but also like science fiction.

What do you write? Are you published?

Fiesta_Jack

Calix Meus Inebrians
Unpublished. I write mostly poetry, but I've got quite a few short stories under my belt, as well as nearly a quarter of a novel and half a play. I don't write fur fiction unless it's specifically requested. My typical genres are low fantasy and suspense/horror. My biggest influences are Lewis Carol and Edgar Allen Poe.

Edit: I forgot my genres and influences.

Last edited:

Landown

I myself am finishing a graphic novel,that I am trying to get published as well. The rough draft is complete,and I have tons of back story,lore,and so forth completed. I hope to be finished by mid summer early fall.I love Sci/fi and fantasy sci-fi is the core of most of my writing.

Stay Icy Cool,
Landown

Last edited:

Arik~Vulpes

Currently working on a military sci/fi novel but the going is slow what with college and life. I'm posting them to FA as they come, but not all of them.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Hello. I've had three stories published so far, though one was in a magazine that doesn't exist anymore, and I fear from looking at their website that this is true for the second one. The third one should be appearing in the near future in the Anthro Dreams podcast, which doesn't look like it's going to go defunct, so at least there's that. I write... stuff. I don't know. Sometimes it's hard to put a genre on it. I guess it's usually sci-fi or fantasy, or some mix of the two, or borderline one of those two and borderline something else. I've written a novel that I intend to submit for publication at some point, but I'm waiting until I have more time available to deal with the world of publishing before I send it out anywhere.
I usually write anthro stuff, but there always seems to be a place for regular people in my stories as well. I try not to write stuff that ONLY the fandom can appreciate.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I write for catharsis and external appreciation, but I'm just not quite dedicated enough to even begin a novel-length work, nor are my skills so applicable to that end. I'm happy to continue to write within a comfort zone - perhaps less than the potential that I feel I have - in exchange for the emotional reward of satisfaction.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
I write poetry and I am currently writing a short story.

Itzal

I'm thinking about getting back into writing. If I do go back, my works will be poetry, and horror/macarabe themed prose. I have yet to be published, as I doubt I'm good enough for that yet. Also, most of my stuff is non furry.

Elric

I'm actually working on a short story about a fox looking for his mother. It's actually more of a project for myself to do, to occupy myself with something to do. Other than that short story, I sometimes write poetry if I am in the mood for it.

Poetigress

Panthera tigris libris
I write fantasy and soft sf, often furry to at least some degree, occasionally not, for readers of various age groups. Short stories have been published various places in and out of the fandom, first novel recently published by Anthropomorphic Dreams Publishing, and I've self-published a novelette on Smashwords and Amazon. I used to write a great deal of poetry several years ago, but I'm focused more on fiction these days.

I'm not around these forums nearly as much as I used to be, but I try to check in from time to time. >^_^<

M. LeRenard

Is not French
All the old regulars disappeared except for me. Kind of makes me feel like I'm running a stall in a shopping mall after the WalMart moved into town and kicked all the other businesses out.

Poetigress

Panthera tigris libris
*nods* My question is, where's the Wal-Mart? XD Everybody from those days seems to have disappeared entirely, and even the FWG forums have been slow for a good while now.

Anyway, just to keep the thread on-topic, I'll add that I consider my work influenced by all sorts of creators/storytellers, not just writers -- the ones I tend to list most prominently are Beatrix Potter, Steven Spielberg, Ray Bradbury, Jim Henson, Chuck Jones, Brian Jacques, Gene Roddenberry, and Stephen King.

AlexStone

I'm not part of the old crowd but I'll be sticking around as I love to write! I would like to be published someday. I'd love to have writers (furry or non-furry writers) for friends on FA! I have 100 something prose/poetry and a few stories on fictionpress and some fanfiction.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
Recently I have been writing more and more stories. I hope that once I upload them I can get some critique on them. Though some of them are NSFW and I am still kinda a rookie writer so I really need critique.

Kakiookami

Kakiookami
I like to write Sci-Fi and Fantasy. My main work is a novel book that i been working on for years now. Its almost ready to be presented for a publisher.

I am plan on writing more works too, although never gotten around doing so yet

So welcome to the world of writers, i hope you find what your looking for here

Earth Rio

It isn't butter?!
I like to write fantasy about werewolves and vampires. My current work is my unedited novel (about 198 pages long, I estimate) named 'Dance in the Moon's Light, which I hope to get published by the end of the summer. I hope to adapt it into a four-book series; each book told in the view of each main character. My general stories are fantasy mixed with action/adventure, with a few bits of romance to keep the relationships (both friendly or not) between characters fresh and interesting.

Last edited:

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Just to make a note: opening some of the closed threads back up, as I think I prematurely closed them out of annoyance and lack of time to deal with things. Everything from April of this year onward is now back open. Carry on.

duroc

All the old regulars disappeared except for me. Kind of makes me feel like I'm running a stall in a shopping mall after the WalMart moved into town and kicked all the other businesses out.

Sorry, that was just too funny. *imagines a fox sitting bored in a stall*

As for the topic... howdy.

*brushes the dust off his FA forum account*

My writing is mainly anthro related, though humans are usually involved as well. Been published several times. Recently I've had short stories featured in Allasso Vol. 2 and ROAR Vol. 4.

I mainly run the Furry Writers' Guild these days, so I don't participate in the forums here much, though I do check in from time to time.