• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hiring: ($100+) Hello looking for a metal pendent to be made

Fairytoons

Hello looking for a metal pendent to be made
Will be a physical item
Will have a sapphire stone/jem
Budget: A very open $100
Payment method: PayPal, cash app, Kofi are my preferred methods of payment

Attachments

• Art by unknown 20 (1).jpg
    Art by unknown 20 (1).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 50

Faustus

I could possibly do this for you, I've made jewellery before. I'll need to check material costs.

Can you give an idea of the size of the piece, and what metal you require it to be made in? I'm guessing sterling silver as $100 wouldn't even be close to covering platinum or palladium. I'd particularly like to know the two diameters of the sapphire as that will have a large effect on the cost. It looks like a smooth cabochon, but let me know if it's cut.

Do you also require a necklace or leather thong on which to hang it?

Faustus

Quick update, you are going to struggle. I checked the current prices of genuine sapphire and your $100 budget would probably only cover the cost of the stone. At my usual supplier, $100 would just about buy you a 6mm x 4mm oval sapphire cabochon. Can I suggest a more economical amethyst cabochon, or a cheap crystal or ceramic fake in a suitable colour?

Fairytoons

Quick update, you are going to struggle. I checked the current prices of genuine sapphire and your $100 budget would probably only cover the cost of the stone. At my usual supplier, $100 would just about buy you a 6mm x 4mm oval sapphire cabochon. Can I suggest a more economical amethyst cabochon, or a cheap crystal or ceramic fake in a suitable colour?
I could possibly do this for you, I've made jewellery before. I'll need to check material costs.

Can you give an idea of the size of the piece, and what metal you require it to be made in? I'm guessing sterling silver as $100 wouldn't even be close to covering platinum or palladium. I'd particularly like to know the two diameters of the sapphire as that will have a large effect on the cost. It looks like a smooth cabochon, but let me know if it's cut.

Do you also require a necklace or leather thong on which to hang it?
Honestly I didn't know exactly what to offer
That's why it's an open 100 to expect more
And to answer your questions
Fake silver will be fine
The whole pendent is roughly quarter sized maybe smaller so the stone is roughly penny/dime sized
It doesn't need anything to hang from
The stone will be a sapphire colored stone I have no preference on type as long as it's a clear sapphire blue
I hope this gives you a better answer

Faustus

That's great, thank you. If it's OK I will get back to you in a day or two. I was recently forced to switch to new design software because of hardware incompatibility, so I want to be certain that I can do what is required with the new software that I'm trialing before definitely saying I can do this.

p.s. not quite sure what you mean by 'fake silver' but I don't know any casting merchants that will do cheap metals / alloys like tin in small quantities. The closest thing would be pewter, which I don't currently have a supplier for but can investigate. That being said, you might not actually save that much by using pewter.

Fairytoons

That's great, thank you. If it's OK I will get back to you in a day or two. I was recently forced to switch to new design software because of hardware incompatibility, so I want to be certain that I can do what is required with the new software that I'm trialing before definitely saying I can do this.

p.s. not quite sure what you mean by 'fake silver' but I don't know any casting merchants that will do cheap metals / alloys like tin in small quantities. The closest thing would be pewter, which I don't currently have a supplier for but can investigate. That being said, you might not actually save that much by using pewter.
Hehe if you're able to do the project as a whole I'll do whatever silver metal you can work with (I'm not very knowledgeable about this type of thing tbh)