• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hello, new and older guy here!

bizaripher

How's everyone doing? I'm 29 years old and I've been interested in furry art since I entered high school although I prefer kemono art. I haven't grown up with anyone who was interested in it or tolerated it. I don't think I'm into fursuiting or RP'ing, I just have a legit fascination for furry or anthro art. I was too afraid to express that or even knew if I was going to take art seriously. I didn't know how anyone would react. I'm mad at myself now that I know what gives me more ideas, excites me, makes me feel comfortable and what I know who my audience should be. I had this sudden revelation and ask myself, "Why was I so afraid to admit it? Why am I suddenly interested in this NOW?" I was afraid of being bullied or cyber-bullied online back then. But that's in the past and I'm not afraid to express that anymore. I've got thicker skin now that I'm older. I do character concept art and freelance work on the side and I'm aiming to make a living out of it. I've gotten more confident and have rediscovered myself. I've also gotten more clarity on where I want to go with my art thanks to some mentor-ship.

Anyway, all that babbling aside, I hope you all enjoy my art in the future and I look forward meeting you all!

Last edited:

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
Hiya! It was somewhat similar for me in that since I was a wee lad I've been drawn to anthro characters yet never considered joining the fandom until much later and definitely never considered suiting until very recently because it was just not 'normal'. I think as we grow older and more independent the things which have held us back, the fear of being ridiculed, etc, hold less power over us and we naturally tend towards embracing who we are rather than who society wants us to be.

Anyway, welcome friend! I hope you have fun here and I look forward to seeing some of your art :)

bizaripher

Hiya! It was somewhat similar for me in that since I was a wee lad I've been drawn to anthro characters yet never considered joining the fandom until much later and definitely never considered suiting until very recently because it was just not 'normal'. I think as we grow older and more independent the things which have held us back, the fear of being ridiculed, etc, hold less power over us and we naturally tend towards embracing who we are rather than who society wants us to be.

Anyway, welcome friend! I hope you have fun here and I look forward to seeing some of your art :)

I couldn't agree more.

I hope I'll have fun here, too. :)

LadySajani

Welcome! Have a cookie!

Well, well, you older people are getting younger and younger every year it seems. :)

I don't need to admit I'm a furry. I just like people. :)

bizaripher

Welcome! Have a cookie!

Well, well, you older people are getting younger and younger every year it seems. :)

Oh, of course I don't have to! I like people, too! Although I agree with you on that. :)

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Older huh. You don't know what older means. lol Welcome to the forums.

Minerva_Minx

Don't pick me up on Craigslist
Welcome! Have a cookie!

Can I be 29 again? Wow, if that’s old I must be like Jesus old.

Blasphemous, but I’m apparently ancient.