• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nixom

Hello!

I recently joined furaffinity and the furry fandom. Being new, I'm not really sure what furries are about ... i have a brief overview, but so far it's been a lot of fun sharing my artwork.

This is actually the first time I've ever posted or shared my artwork on the internet for the world to see. I've always had this sort of insecurity, but being a part of this community and posting almost every day has really opened me up. It's really a wonderful place to be a part of.

I do a lot of traditional artwork with copic markers, never drawing furries before, I asked a lot of FA users for their fursonas to draw and I think i did really well, and now I'm so much better!

It's a pleasure to be among your community, and I'm sure I'll be here for a really long time. <3

Here's my page if you'd like to see my art: Userpage of nixom -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
1458119191.nixom_12422180_917935434980618_935184486_o.jpg

1461286555.nixom_13062564_943496289091199_245464585_o.jpg

Last edited:

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Hey!
These are honestly really cool!
I wouldn't mind hanging similar art up in my living room.

How long has it taken you to get to this point?

Nixom

Hey!
These are honestly really cool!
I wouldn't mind hanging similar art up in my living room.

How long has it taken you to get to this point?

Why thank you!
I'm actually open for commission, I'd be able to send the physical copies as well.

As for how long it's taken me, it's really more of a side thing. I tend to draw all the time, I've always drawn.
I'm actually a self taught artist, I'm just 18 so I'm sure in a few years I'll be even better than now!
I've noticed a lot of improvement from my time being here on FA.

I appreciate the compliment, and I'm so happy you enjoy my art.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Why thank you!
I'm actually open for commission, I'd be able to send the physical copies as well.

As for how long it's taken me, it's really more of a side thing. I tend to draw all the time, I've always drawn.
I'm actually a self taught artist, I'm just 18 so I'm sure in a few years I'll be even better than now!
I've noticed a lot of improvement from my time being here on FA.

I appreciate the compliment, and I'm so happy you enjoy my art.
I'm not in the market for any commissions at this time, but I will definitely give you a watch.
I'll let you know when I get some expendable cash :cool:

Nixom

I'm not in the market for any commissions at this time, but I will definitely give you a watch.
I'll let you know when I get some expendable cash :cool:

Wow thank you so much for the watch, I appreciate it.
Every watcher and comment keeps me so motivated to keep pushing more art out there, i could never do it without the support.

Heheh, I'll always be open for commission so no worries, I'll be around.

I'm a bit of an angry artist, so eventually i'll be getting rid of the art i've already drawn. ... usually i burn things @.@ -gets a bit crazy- but knowing that people love my art! I'll be selling it, sometimes i give it away free with commissions haha. Depends.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Wow thank you so much for the watch, I appreciate it.
Every watcher and comment keeps me so motivated to keep pushing more art out there, i could never do it without the support.

Heheh, I'll always be open for commission so no worries, I'll be around.

I'm a bit of an angry artist, so eventually i'll be getting rid of the art i've already drawn. ... usually i burn things @.@ -gets a bit crazy- but knowing that people love my art! I'll be selling it, sometimes i give it away free with commissions haha. Depends.
Sometimes it's good.
It's a good way to symbolically leave part of your past in the past so you can focus on what you need to do.

I've been there myself, though it was smashing things with cinder blocks.

Nixom

Sometimes it's good.
It's a good way to symbolically leave part of your past in the past so you can focus on what you need to do.

I've been there myself, though it was smashing things with cinder blocks.

I agree.

Every art piece I create with a lot of energy and emotion.

I don't erase with the work I do, I feel it ruins the emotion and brings out a negative side of it.

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Haha, well it's certainly anything better than I could do at 18....

...or now....

In seriousness, though, you have a lovely energetic style and coloring. (I'm too much a perfectionist to just let it flow.) I guess my only critique would be 'why are the cat's ears coming out of his forehead' in the first pic. But that's about it, haha.

Nixom

Haha, well it's certainly anything better than I could do at 18....

...or now....

In seriousness, though, you have a lovely energetic style and coloring. (I'm too much a perfectionist to just let it flow.) I guess my only critique would be 'why are the cat's ears coming out of his forehead' in the first pic. But that's about it, haha.

Ah yeah, that's one of my older drawings I'd say. I've improved a lot. I tend to kind of improve every time i draw. -nods-

I'm a bit of a perfectionist too, but I notice if I think with art, it becomes nothing but a horrible frustration.

I draw from the soul. That's what art is for me, it's a way for me to express myself.

And thank you <3

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Ah yeah, that's one of my older drawings I'd say. I've improved a lot. I tend to kind of improve every time i draw. -nods-

I'm a bit of a perfectionist too, but I notice if I think with art, it becomes nothing but a horrible frustration.

I draw from the soul. That's what art is for me, it's a way for me to express myself.

And thank you <3
Ah, well, my soul demands that I fix that line right now or I'm going to look back on it in a decade and hate myself.
(To the point where I'm redrawing a 300 page webcomic I drew fifteen years ago just so it doesn't look so bad anymore. >< )

Nixom

Ah, well, my soul demands that I fix that line right now or I'm going to look back on it in a decade and hate myself.
(To the point where I'm redrawing a 300 page webcomic I drew fifteen years ago just so it doesn't look so bad anymore. >< )

Ouch, I understand a bit. I'll draw something ... then I'll despise it the next moment. Eheheh. But that's why eventually I purge my artwork to release the energy. New beginnings.