• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hello there

NightmareEyes

Hey guys!
Been on the fence for a while now, and I've finally decided to create an account. You all seem like a nice group of people, and I want to meet as many of you as I can.

So. A little bit about me.

I like writing. A lot. But I often have trouble staying focused on projects because I have the attention span of a hyperactive chipmunk. So a big focus of mine will probably be trying to write a whole bunch of short stories to put up on my page. Probably not for a while though. As of the moment I'm working on a project for a friend that's already taken much longer than it should have, but as soon as I'm finished with that I'll start trying to churn them out. And if any of you could point me toward any other writers/editors, I would be eternally grateful.

Another interest of mine is RP. It seems interesting, but I haven't really gotten into it. Mostly because I haven't known where to go to find it, and also because people can be terrifying. I've always worried that I'd be bad at it, or that I'd end up offending someone, or that I'd just end up ruining the experience for someone else. I noticed that there's a thread for that here, and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers? Or just things to know?

I also like gaming. My favorites are typically puzzle games/metroidvannias, but I'll play just about anything. I'm also always looking for people to play with, if anyone's interested. Or you can just talk to me if you'd like. I promise I don't bite.

One last thing. I noticed there's a lot of artists in the fandom, and...well, I've been trying to get into sketching/drawing for a while, but I haven't really known where to start. If you could share a few tips, that would be greatly appreciated.

So anyway. This is just my wave hello. I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all!

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

As for tips on RP, I have about 6+ ish years experience. I think the best advice I can give you is to stray away from script formats (Ex: name: *action* dialogue!) as 1. they usually devolve very quickly into unentertaining, quick one liners that, personally, make me lose interest, and 2. it's also the format used by people who aren't very serious about it, and opt for MultiPara (multiple paragraph, story) formats where its written more like a novel. This allows for more story, more description, and is generally just more fun imo.

And as far as where to find it, check here and check servers on Discord, just make sure the person you're considering starting one with is willing to do multipara stuff, and that they're not...Terrifying lol. Remember, if all else fails the block button is your best friend when RP's turn sour.

NightmareEyes

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

As for tips on RP, I have about 6+ ish years experience. I think the best advice I can give you is to stray away from script formats (Ex: name: *action* dialogue!) as 1. they usually devolve very quickly into unentertaining, quick one liners that, personally, make me lose interest, and 2. it's also the format used by people who aren't very serious about it, and opt for MultiPara (multiple paragraph, story) formats where its written more like a novel. This allows for more story, more description, and is generally just more fun imo.

And as far as where to find it, check here and check servers on Discord, just make sure the person you're considering starting one with is willing to do multipara stuff, and that they're not...Terrifying lol. Remember, if all else fails the block button is your best friend when RP's turn sour.
Thanks for the advice! I'm not too familiar with Discord servers, but I'll be sure to try and check a few out.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Hey guys!
Been on the fence for a while now, and I've finally decided to create an account. You all seem like a nice group of people, and I want to meet as many of you as I can.

I like writing. A lot. But I often have trouble staying focused on projects because I have the attention span of a hyperactive chipmunk. So a big focus of mine will probably be trying to write a whole bunch of short stories to put up on my page. Probably not for a while though. As of the moment I'm working on a project for a friend that's already taken much longer than it should have, but as soon as I'm finished with that I'll start trying to churn them out. And if any of you could point me toward any other writers/editors, I would be eternally grateful.

Another interest of mine is RP. It seems interesting, but I haven't really gotten into it. Mostly because I haven't known where to go to find it, and also because people can be terrifying. I've always worried that I'd be bad at it, or that I'd end up offending someone, or that I'd just end up ruining the experience for someone else. I noticed that there's a thread for that here, and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers? Or just things to know?

I think if you wait around and look at what other people are writing here and seeing who interacts with you about your stories you can figure out people with similar interests and settings and whatnot.

RPers are an assorted bunch in my experience: some can be weird and mean-spirited but there are also great ones that are welcoming, or at least I hope so. I'm new to looking for it in the fandom and am more familiar with RPing in MMORPG settings. I'd say advertise what kind of RP you are looking for and starting some if you can't find any in the setting you are looking for?

That and also look across different sites to find exactly what you are looking for. What I definitely want to say to you here though is if you are new don't be discouraged by rejection and like anything you just gotta go through that to find the right people.

I suggest making a post about specific settings you would like to try out RPing in, explaining that you are new, and looking for someone in that setting to teach you the ropes.

Regardless, nice to meet you!

NightmareEyes

I think if you wait around and look at what other people are writing here and seeing who interacts with you about your stories you can figure out people with similar interests and settings and whatnot.

RPers are an assorted bunch in my experience: some can be weird and mean-spirited but there are also great ones that are welcoming, or at least I hope so. I'm new to looking for it in the fandom and am more familiar with RPing in MMORPG settings. I'd say advertise what kind of RP you are looking for and starting some if you can't find any in the setting you are looking for?

That and also look across different sites to find exactly what you are looking for. What I definitely want to say to you here though is if you are new don't be discouraged by rejection and like anything you just gotta go through that to find the right people.

I suggest making a post about specific settings you would like to try out RPing in, explaining that you are new, and looking for someone in that setting to teach you the ropes.

Regardless, nice to meet you!
Thanks for the word of caution. So far my experience has been nothing but positive, but I've seen some of what you're talking about just casually browsing the RP forum.

Nice to meet you too!

D

Deleted member 111470

Hello hello!

Puzzle games, huh? Have you played The Turing Test on PC? I bought it last summer on sale, and played the entire damn thing during one of my days off - started it in the middle of the day, and next thing I know, it's already midnight.

Anyway, welcome to the forums - I hope you enjoy your stay.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Hey guys!

I also like gaming. My favorites are typically puzzle games/metroidvannias, but I'll play just about anything. I'm also always looking for people to play with, if anyone's interested. Or you can just talk to me if you'd like. I promise I don't bite.

One last thing. I noticed there's a lot of artists in the fandom, and...well, I've been trying to get into sketching/drawing for a while, but I haven't really known where to start. If you could share a few tips, that would be greatly appreciated.

So anyway. This is just my wave hello. I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all!

Greetings and welcome then! Name's Mambi, pleased to meetcha! <bows over his tail politely> Welcome to the forums and hope you have fun!

Speaking of fun, might I invite you formally to my realm's party? https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/party-at-mambis-realm-all-are-invited.1672438/

Anyway, please to know you and see you around! <with glowing eyes, he opens a shimmering rift in the air and dives into it, disappearing as it reseals behind him>

NightmareEyes

Hello hello!

Puzzle games, huh? Have you played The Turing Test on PC? I bought it last summer on sale, and played the entire damn thing during one of my days off - started it in the middle of the day, and next thing I know, it's already midnight.

Anyway, welcome to the forums - I hope you enjoy your stay.
Haven't heard of that one, but I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the welcome!

NightmareEyes

Greetings and welcome then! Name's Mambi, pleased to meetcha! <bows over his tail politely> Welcome to the forums and hope you have fun!

Speaking of fun, might I invite you formally to my realm's party? https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/party-at-mambis-realm-all-are-invited.1672438/

Anyway, please to know you and see you around! <with glowing eyes, he opens a shimmering rift in the air and dives into it, disappearing as it reseals behind him>
Thank you! I'll be happy to join!