• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help drawing tails

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
What is the way to construct tails? I'm working on a pic of my character and realized that he needed a floofy tail, but I'm not sure how to set it up...

For reference, the tail is going to be on the left (character's right) and is in the process of moving to the right (character's left) in a flick...

Paratroop Coon tail.png

Suggestions?

Rydenan

Generally, tail movement starts from the base of the tail and propagates through the tail in a wave. In the sketch I attached, I'm assuming the tail started in the position marked by the dashed green line. Then I 'moved' the base of the tail towards the right, but kept the end of the tail where it is, since the 'wave' hasn't made it there yet.

sTrOk8l.jpg

Also, just curious, what are all the numbers for?
Launch codes? ;D

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
Generally, tail movement starts from the base of the tail and propagates through the tail in a wave. In the sketch I attached, I'm assuming the tail started in the position marked by the dashed green line. Then I 'moved' the base of the tail towards the right, but kept the end of the tail where it is, since the 'wave' hasn't made it there yet.

sTrOk8l.jpg

Also, just curious, what are all the numbers for?
Launch codes? ;D
hehe, nope, those are the colors for what the current sketch (this is the base layer).

Currently it looks like this:
Paratroop Coon.jpg

So I'm working on the tail and the background scenery at the moment, but the tail was giving me troubles...