• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Account Problem: Help getting an account unbanned? :/

Zweenie

Hey guys, I'm an active user of FA, and have been since 2012.

I love posting my own content on FA and viewing others,
But unfortunately I've recently been banned..

I was banned for two reasons--
1: "creating an NSFW account while you're Mature Locked"
2: "uploading adult content with small censors over the explicit content"

I don't disagree with the reasons I was banned, I feel they're a reasonable reason to be banned, but the thing that is frustrating me, is the fact that I'm not under the age of 18.

I also wasn't aware the small censor thing was a rule or issue, as I had been over the rules a few times between now and when I started posting and I never once saw anything outlining that on the AUP, and I had also been doing it for a few years without warning or anyone telling me it wasn't acceptable.

When I turned 18, I contacted the site moderators, asking how it was possible to get my account off of mature lock. They told me at that point in time they could not take a birth certificate of proof of ID and the only form they would take, was photo ID, which I didn't have at the time, so I proceeded to make a NSFW account.

Both my NSFW account and my main account are banned,
now this is becoming increasingly frustrating as 1. I have clients who I owe commissions to, which I am unable to contact now because I have been banned. 2. I have people who I have commissioned who cannot contact me because I have been banned. and 3. Im out of sites to post my art on in general? I've signed up for every other place that people have mentioned to me and none of them give me the same feel that FA did, that and they're mostly all dead, FA is the only site where I feel I've made a good following and friendship with my followers and its really frustrating to lose that whole community that I've built for myself over the past 4 years... :/

I don't know if its just me being impatient, but I've contacted the appeals@furaffinity email and have since received no response.
My biggest worry is, how long is it going to take to get my account back, if I even can? :/

I've searched for other ways to hopefully get directly onto someone who can help me get my account back, but nothing honestly seems to be reliable.

I'm actually really upset over this situation because FA is one of the only sites I frequent and feel free to post my art on...

I'd really appreciate any help at the moment. :T

I'm willing to provide proof of age, as I do have photo ID, and remove all offending images.. But I don't know.. does that make a difference?

J

jayhusky

Since you had a "mature locked" account and proceeded to create a NSFW account, they were justified in banning the accounts as it violates the terms of service of the website.

However since you have appealed to the email, there is little more you can do other than wait for them to reply. I don't see any issue with perhaps, if they don't respond within say, a month, in posting another request for response. If you have twitter, send a tweet to Dragoneer and ask for the case to be looked into.

Other than that, I really can't see any further action you could possibly take at this current time.

As for "does it make a difference", if the site verifies your age to be appropriate to view adult content and that you are unlikely to offend again, they may un-ban your account and allow you to use FA, again, however as is stated in the sites Code of Conduct (See section(s) 1.0 & 2.5), you should note that "Rulings are made based upon staff discretion after thorough investigation and reviewing site policies.", so while you may do everything by the book, they may still reserve the right to leave your account as banned.

Ninetales666

Hey guys, I'm an active user of FA, and have been since 2012.

I love posting my own content on FA and viewing others,
But unfortunately I've recently been banned..

I was banned for two reasons--
1: "creating an NSFW account while you're Mature Locked"
2: "uploading adult content with small censors over the explicit content"

I don't disagree with the reasons I was banned, I feel they're a reasonable reason to be banned, but the thing that is frustrating me, is the fact that I'm not under the age of 18.

I also wasn't aware the small censor thing was a rule or issue, as I had been over the rules a few times between now and when I started posting and I never once saw anything outlining that on the AUP, and I had also been doing it for a few years without warning or anyone telling me it wasn't acceptable.

When I turned 18, I contacted the site moderators, asking how it was possible to get my account off of mature lock. They told me at that point in time they could not take a birth certificate of proof of ID and the only form they would take, was photo ID, which I didn't have at the time, so I proceeded to make a NSFW account.

Both my NSFW account and my main account are banned,
now this is becoming increasingly frustrating as 1. I have clients who I owe commissions to, which I am unable to contact now because I have been banned. 2. I have people who I have commissioned who cannot contact me because I have been banned. and 3. Im out of sites to post my art on in general? I've signed up for every other place that people have mentioned to me and none of them give me the same feel that FA did, that and they're mostly all dead, FA is the only site where I feel I've made a good following and friendship with my followers and its really frustrating to lose that whole community that I've built for myself over the past 4 years... :/

I don't know if its just me being impatient, but I've contacted the appeals@furaffinity email and have since received no response.
My biggest worry is, how long is it going to take to get my account back, if I even can? :/

I've searched for other ways to hopefully get directly onto someone who can help me get my account back, but nothing honestly seems to be reliable.

I'm actually really upset over this situation because FA is one of the only sites I frequent and feel free to post my art on...

I'd really appreciate any help at the moment. :T

I'm willing to provide proof of age, as I do have photo ID, and remove all offending images.. But I don't know.. does that make a difference?

i was banned for my fear of furries