• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request: Help me create an Alligator Snapping Turtle fursona?

The_Shellraiser

I've been scouring the internet for turtle characters for awhile now looking for inspiration and I think I've finally landed upon a species that I'm quite fond of...

I want my fursona to be an Alligator Snapping Turtle!

This is the best example I've found so far, especially since they provide multiple angles:

Other than the spikey "hair"(?) that he has, I like the head shape, love the shell shape.

Another example:

Love the head shape on this one, love that he's a little muscular, don't like that the shell is less prominent and doesn't connect to the plastron.

The one thing I'm not 100% sure on is what color I'd want him to be, whether it would be better to go with the more cartoonish look of green skin and such kind of like the TMNT or to keep things somewhat realistic and go with shades of brown and whatnot. With that said, I'm definitely open to discussing things with any artists that might be interested in tackling this challenge, so don't be afraid to brainstorm with me!

So, anyone interested?

CaitlinSnowLeopard

Not sure if this would appeal to you but you just gave me an idea for a snapper hybrid character of my own- one that's part angler fish- bioluminescent antenna (and markings) in addition to the tongue to lure prey. Thanks for the inspiration!

I can't promise anything as I'm currently swamped (pun not intended), but if I feel up to it, I'll let you know and we can plan things further!

The_Shellraiser

Not sure if this would appeal to you but you just gave me an idea for a snapper hybrid character of my own- one that's part angler fish- bioluminescent antenna (and markings) in addition to the tongue to lure prey. Thanks for the inspiration!

I can't promise anything as I'm currently swamped (pun not intended), but if I feel up to it, I'll let you know and we can plan things further!
Yeah, a hybrid character doesn't really appeal to me, but it most certainly is an interesting idea!