• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help Me Fix Anatomy Errors

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
The only problem i see is her face. Hell if i can pinpoint exactly what's "wrong" about it but a paper bag may be in order.
Edit : if you simply adjusted her head to be profile, that might fix the issue. it looks like her head is turned too far around and her mouth and eyes don't look appropriate. Her eyes look too baggy with that kind of fur pattern and the tongue out mouth looks too goofy. Sexify her eyes a little, and give her a new (non-kitty) mouth. She can stick her tongue out but keep it sexy; maybe give her a wink. (?)

Last edited:

Fidchell

Time destroys everything.
I agree with PlusThirtyOne, the head is probably the biggest culprit, although HF not really giving you any specifics concerns me a little. The biggest problem I see with the head is the upper portion. The cranium looks a little too bulbous, and the way it goes over the ear is a little strange. The jawline looks a little too low as well, and the way it is shaped almost gives the impression that the whole face looks like a human with face paint. One last thing that looks off to me are the shoulders, but I'm not sure how, honestly. I wouldn't say they're too close to the head, but the shape of them is odd and I can't quite put my finger on the specifics.

This is the best I can find on Google images at the moment. Not the same exact angle, but it may give you an idea. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-0-18CEAC5B00000578-138_634x588.jpg

I know how much it sucks being rejected, but don't let it get you down!

I tend to lean on the more human side of things when I draw anthropomorphic animals, so that's probably why the face shape looks more human. I just like it better that way. Though I'll take into account it being to bulbous and the shoulders. I was working off of a year-old sketch, so I probably should've refined it a bit more before going into lineart XD. Thanks for the reference. And yeah, HF rejection is frustrated, mostly because they rarely ever give specific or helpful advice. They're also kind of inconsistent...I've asked for advice on the forums to help improve a piece and get it approved, but many people will tell me to change minor things that already exist in my other images that actually got accepted.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
it's all up to the moderator that judged your work. it's like that everywhere, not just HF. i haven't even heard of the site and i know that. Lots of sites like those who have "standards" judge all the art coming in. Unfortunately for artists, the moderators who're accepting and rejecting images all have different taste and different standards of quality. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my friend.
Not to mention, one man's fetish is another man's cringe. :V