• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help me, I suddenly have many cats

Righto so, on the 20th, I was walking home from work, and had noticed a cat chilling in a storm drain.

Being the cat lover I am, I tried calling it over to me, and surprisingly it came over to me eagerly. So I'm going "holy shit I get to pet a cat today, my week is made." But as I'm petting her, I noticed her bones are way too noticeable to touch (she was fluffy so you couldn't see the bones), and her belly was really bloated. I had suspected she was pregnant, and from the looks of it like she was about to give birth soon. So I snatched her up, took my ass to Petco (which is SO fucking expensive btw), bought her some food, blankets, etc. On my way there, my hand is on her stomach, and I feel movement. Between that and other signs I was noticing, she was going to give birth either that night or next morning.

Luckily for me, it was the next morning, and she gave birth to 6 beautiful kittens OTL

You know that saying "be careful what you wish for"? Ya heed the shit out of that. I had been vocal about wanting a cat for so long, and now I have 7. Nice.

I'm not complaining though, quite the opposite in fact. I'm glad I was able to take her off the street, and give her a clean, warm environment to have her babs in, and have actually decided to foster them and get them spayed/neutered, vaxed, chipped and tested before I set them up with some furever homes! Yeeee

Honestly, this is going to be quite the investment, so I've started a GoFundMe to help with the costs of it all. I know, I'm being "that guy", but shameless link share, because I really want to give these kittens the best life I can before they are adopted, and I want to give the shelters a break, since LA shelters are pretty packed.

Any donations, shares, anything is super appreciated. Please and thank you! : www.gofundme.com: Click here to support Help Me Home A Cat Family organized by Jasmine Moore

The goal goes towards the vet visits, tests and treatments, sterilization, chipping, vaxing, and the monthly costs that I can't completely cover.

Also, here is the Mom and babs:

Tl;dr: I am suddenly a Cat Mom to a Mom Cat

(Also if anyone wants to see the babies progress n whatever, I have a lil instagram for them: Mom Cat & Cat Mom (@momcatandcatmom) • Instagram photos and videos

If you guys have any questions or anything about the mom or babies, I'll answer what I can!

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer
I will share this over Twitter and Discord, tho I can't guarantee that anyone will donate.

I will donate whatever I have available, will check how much I can donate once I get home.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Aw, that was a sweet thing for you to do. I'll see what I can do, and ask some friends. Had this happen, long ago, when I was a kid, when my folks took in a stray cat. But sure was fun, to see those little kittens! Luckily, friends and neighbors took in all but one, 'cause, well...I was maybe 7 or 8 and fell in love with one, and was like "MOM...I gotta keep this one!!!!" Had that cat for years, named him Tigger, and was an odd cat: one, he'd eat watermelon, and two, we lived on a lake, and we had a raft anchored out, and he'd jump in, and swim when we did.

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer
Ok, I am back home. Time to do some sharing over social media..

First off all of you are lovely, thank you guys for the love, donations, and shares! ;u; I'm so incredibly thankful!

Aww, she reminds me of my tiger's mommy!

Best of luck with kitty and ikkle kitties!

Thank you so much!!

I will share this over Twitter and Discord, tho I can't guarantee that anyone will donate.

I will donate whatever I have available, will check how much I can donate once I get home.

Thank you so incredibly much, that means so much to me! And I appreciate whatever you can donate, but please don't donate if you can't! I appreciate the shares just as much! Take care woofer friend!

Thank you for helping them; it's a big responsibility to take care of so many kittens!
I don't have much money on me but I'll see what I can do.

You're welcome! I'm no stranger to cats or kitten litters luckily, and it looks like all my volunteer work with cats and binge watching cat videos has finally paid off haha Like I said above, I appreciate whatever you can do, but please make sure you are comfortable to do so first! I would hate for someone to give me money they needed too ;u;

Aw, that was a sweet thing for you to do. I'll see what I can do, and ask some friends. Had this happen, long ago, when I was a kid, when my folks took in a stray cat. But sure was fun, to see those little kittens! Luckily, friends and neighbors took in all but one, 'cause, well...I was maybe 7 or 8 and fell in love with one, and was like "MOM...I gotta keep this one!!!!" Had that cat for years, named him Tigger, and was an odd cat: one, he'd eat watermelon, and two, we lived on a lake, and we had a raft anchored out, and he'd jump in, and swim when we did.

Aaah thank you ;u; I could help, so I did! And funny you say that, that's how I got my cat when my mom's cat had a litter XD I was not about to let that kitten go! Also that's so cute, he sounds like he was made for Summer XD

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Tiny kittens make me nervous :(

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Oh! Check with your local shelters and such. In Georgia if you're doing what you are doing you can usually apply for spay/neuter vouchers and make sure to look into low cost vet clinics.

I

Infrarednexus

Righto so, on the 20th, I was walking home from work, and had noticed a cat chilling in a storm drain.

Being the cat lover I am, I tried calling it over to me, and surprisingly it came over to me eagerly. So I'm going "holy shit I get to pet a cat today, my week is made." But as I'm petting her, I noticed her bones are way too noticeable to touch (she was fluffy so you couldn't see the bones), and her belly was really bloated. I had suspected she was pregnant, and from the looks of it like she was about to give birth soon. So I snatched her up, took my ass to Petco (which is SO fucking expensive btw), bought her some food, blankets, etc. On my way there, my hand is on her stomach, and I feel movement. Between that and other signs I was noticing, she was going to give birth either that night or next morning.

Luckily for me, it was the next morning, and she gave birth to 6 beautiful kittens OTL

You know that saying "be careful what you wish for"? Ya heed the shit out of that. I had been vocal about wanting a cat for so long, and now I have 7. Nice.

I'm not complaining though, quite the opposite in fact. I'm glad I was able to take her off the street, and give her a clean, warm environment to have her babs in, and have actually decided to foster them and get them spayed/neutered, vaxed, chipped and tested before I set them up with some furever homes! Yeeee

Honestly, this is going to be quite the investment, so I've started a GoFundMe to help with the costs of it all. I know, I'm being "that guy", but shameless link share, because I really want to give these kittens the best life I can before they are adopted, and I want to give the shelters a break, since LA shelters are pretty packed.

Any donations, shares, anything is super appreciated. Please and thank you! : www.gofundme.com: Click here to support Help Me Home A Cat Family organized by Jasmine Moore

The goal goes towards the vet visits, tests and treatments, sterilization, chipping, vaxing, and the monthly costs that I can't completely cover.

Also, here is the Mom and babs:

Tl;dr: I am suddenly a Cat Mom to a Mom Cat

(Also if anyone wants to see the babies progress n whatever, I have a lil instagram for them: Mom Cat & Cat Mom (@momcatandcatmom) • Instagram photos and videos

If you guys have any questions or anything about the mom or babies, I'll answer what I can!
That photo is adorable. They look so precious snuggled up to her like that<3

Oh! Check with your local shelters and such. In Georgia if you're doing what you are doing you can usually apply for spay/neuter vouchers and make sure to look into low cost vet clinics.

I actually plan on going with Spay Nation for that exact reason! I don't qualify for free spaying/neutering, but they give discounted treatment for LA residents! I do plan on asking them if they will give me a discount for getting a whole litter done. But for all of it, including vax and chipping, it comes out to about $220 approximately for each cat? Maybe a bit less, I don't have the price breakdown with me. Really the biggest sink is gonna be the vet bills to test the mom and babies to make sure they don't have any illnesses they need treated OTL Vets are SO expensive.

That photo is adorable. They look so precious snuggled up to her like that<3

I knooooow, it hurts my heart everytime I see them all together. It's just so precious.

Last edited:

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I actually plan on going with Spay Nation for that exact reason! I don't qualify for free spaying/neutering, but they give discounted treatment for LA residents! I do plan on asking them if they will give me a discount for getting a whole litter done. But for all of it, including vax and chipping, it comes out to about $220 approximately? Maybe a bit less, I don't have the price breakdown with me. Really the biggest sink is gonna be the vet bills to test the mom and babies to make sure they don't have any illnesses they need treated OTL Vets are SO expensive.

I knooooow, it hurts my heart everytime I see them all together. It's just so precious.
That’s not too bad really for so many!
If you can, wait until at least five months to fix them to limit risk of certain disorders that they’re linking to very early sterilization. But if you wait much longer they’ll start going into their first heat and you don’t want that.

At this rate sounds like your combo testing is gonna be your biggest monster. Sounds like you’re headed in a good direction though, all my usual further suggestions you seem to know so just look for low cost clinics for your vaccines, testing, and microchips.

I mean I have a clinic around me that the first Sunday you can get all adult yearlies for $20. To get a kitten all theirs you have to come back a few times for boosters but even so it only goes fo about 60 and then 20 more for a chip. (Wish I’d done more than the chip and spay there for mine but whatever) It may help a little and you may have one that’ll work with you having so many.

I mean when I worked at one of them for a short bit even though the owner was a literal demon I swear, she’d discount bulk purchases like that.

That’s not too bad really for so many!
If you can, wait until at least five months to fix them to limit risk of certain disorders that they’re linking to very early sterilization. But if you wait much longer they’ll start going into their first heat and you don’t want that.

At this rate sounds like your combo testing is gonna be your biggest monster. Sounds like you’re headed in a good direction though, all my usual further suggestions you seem to know so just look for low cost clinics for your vaccines, testing, and microchips.

I mean I have a clinic around me that the first Sunday you can get all adult yearlies for $20. To get a kitten all theirs you have to come back a few times for boosters but even so it only goes fo about 60 and then 20 more for a chip. (Wish I’d done more than the chip and spay there for mine but whatever) It may help a little and you may have one that’ll work with you having so many.

I mean when I worked at one of them for a short bit even though the owner was a literal demon I swear, she’d discount bulk purchases like that.

I feel I should clarify, it was 220 for each cat, oof XD I mean, that's still a fantastic deal, since the vet was going to do $215 for JUST the spay/neuter. Oof. And thank you for reminding me about too early neutering complications! My own cat had complications from getting neutered too late, so I was really busy being focused on that. Weh.

It'll be something to talk to the vet about for sure!

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I feel I should clarify, it was 220 for each cat, oof XD I mean, that's still a fantastic deal, since the vet was going to do $215 for JUST the spay/neuter. Oof. And thank you for reminding me about too early neutering complications! My own cat had complications from getting neutered too late, so I was really busy being focused on that. Weh.

It'll be something to talk to the vet about for sure!
Whoop. Well, either way XD Still a good deal for sure.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.

Same here!

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
YdKE.gif

You are a seriously awesome hooman!!!!!!

An update for everyone!:

The kittens and mama are doing wonderfully, and are getting so big OTL

Mama did end up having fleas, but it's nothing a couple rounds of baths for everyone and changing their bedding couldn't fix!

The mother also did indeed end up having worms, and because of the type the kittens have it too. So she is going to start her round of deworming this Sunday, and the kittens will start theirs at the 6 week mark! Luckily they only have to go through 2 rounds each, but also oof that bill.

The GoFundMe is more than half way funded, and is just 80 dollars off from having all of their medical expenses covered! Woo!

Also, at the suggestion of someone, I have started a Wishlist to help with the food expenses and the like. So if anyone is interested, here that is as well!: www.amazon.com: Your List

If anyone else has any ideas where I can share the GoFundMe, please let me know!

pippi

Stinky Skunk
ngggggggggggg so cute!!! I saved a cat from a storm we had here once and all her babies. they were all grey and so cute and I wish I could have kept them all :( babies and mama all went to good homes though <3

ngggggggggggg so cute!!! I saved a cat from a storm we had here once and all her babies. they were all grey and so cute and I wish I could have kept them all :( babies and mama all went to good homes though <3

That's my current dilemma as well XD I may end up keeping one (or three) but for now, they are all being planned to go to new homes once they are old enough!

S

ScrewLoose

At least your house is surrounded by lots of cats and not three giant packs of coyotes slowly closing in every night thru the woods