• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help Me Make A New Sona?

Alyx_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
Hey! I'm not exactly new here but I've been gone for a long time. In that time a lot of things have happened in my life. I lost friends, almost lost best friends, made new friends, and even dated someone amazing! Unfortunately, that relationship didn't last long but they never seem to anyway so it's fine. I also experienced extreme dissociation for a while, first time experiencing dissociation in general and I couldn't even register which way was up at times. Anyway, I feel as though I've grown out of all of my other fursonas from the past. They were all made with positivity and kinda made for specific rp partners. So of course, I want to try making a fursona just to exist! I'll probably use her for rp in the future, maybe I'll even get a suit based on her in the far future. But the only thing is I don't really know what to do with her. My usual method is to just type her description out as a short story, type out the history I want her to have and the features I want her to have, and tie them together. It's quite a long process and I get to make whatever I want. I love writing short stories so writing entire character histories is fun for me. But I don't really want to this time, I just want her to have a short description, maybe a little bit of backstory.

I know that I want her to be female, I know that I want her to be a leopard of some kind (because leopards are cool), and I know I want her to have magic powers (preferably revolving around ice and maybe shadows). Only things I don't know are what should her personality be? What should she look like? There are so many things that I focus on when creating fursonas but this time I don't really know what I want to create. The only thing I really know is that I want to create it.

So can you help me? Just drop suggestions of things and I'll go with the suggestions I like the most or I'll piggyback off of those suggestions and make something I like more. It would really help me out! Also, sorry for the mega long message most of you probably won't read.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Well, as far as Leopards go, you've got a few choices, providing you're not too strict on definitions!:

1) The Regular Leopard. Big and yellow, climbs up trees, lives everywhere

2) Sneps! Fuzzy mountain goofballs! I remember you already having one but It's still a choice!

3) Clouded Leopards - There's a mainland and an island variety. The Island ones are bigger, and duller. Overall though they're the smallest "big" cats

4) The cats of Genus Leopardus

These guys live in the Americas, and there's a few

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocelot - Ocelots are pretty big, but a tad more kawaii than the Clouded Leopards, due to being slightly smaller, and having the facial proportions of the other big cats

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margay - Margays are lomg boyes that love to live in trees. They're experts at climbing and imitation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pampas_cat - Pampas cats are fuzzy! So are Andean Mountain Cats! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andean_mountain_cat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncilla - Oncilla are tiny, and have a fairly high chance of being black. I have one as my secondary character!

Tigrinas and Kodkods are also pretty tiny - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopardus_guttulus , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodkod

Dunno much about Geoffrey's Cats tbh - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffroy's_cat

Alyx_0_0

Hmmm those are all pretty good but they look too cute for the vibe I want... I do love them though and your suggestions taught me more about the difference between clouded leopards and snow leopards! I think a melanistic leopard would be good. Yea... Melanism could technically be seen as a birth defect or a curse if she comes from a magic family...

The_biscuits_532

Hmmm those are all pretty good but they look too cute for the vibe I want... I do love them though and your suggestions taught me more about the difference between clouded leopards and snow leopards! I think a melanistic leopard would be good. Yea... Melanism could technically be seen as a birth defect or a curse if she comes from a magic family...
There's one NSFW comic I remember where localised melanism acted as a source for magic.

So like, the protagonist had a black tail and the magic came from there.

Obvs I can't link because both rules and you're a minor but it was an interesting worldbuilding detail, nonetheless, and it makes for good inspiration.

The_biscuits_532

OOOO also
Just thought

Leopard Seals

The murderchonk

img.jpg

Alyx_0_0

There's one NSFW comic I remember where localised melanism acted as a source for magic.

So like, the protagonist had a black tail and the magic came from there.

Obvs I can't link because both rules and you're a minor but it was an interesting worldbuilding detail, nonetheless, and it makes for good inspiration.
Yea I was thinking something similar, melanism acting as a physical difference making her wrong in the eyes of others but she has magic as well. I don't know, I'd really like to make her into a powerful demoness that lives freely on the mortal realm but I'd have to think more about how to make that make sense...

The_biscuits_532

Yea I was thinking something similar, melanism acting as a physical difference making her wrong in the eyes of others but she has magic as well. I don't know, I'd really like to make her into a powerful demoness that lives freely on the mortal realm but I'd have to think more about how to make that make sense...
I think @GentleButter has a character that works like that.

Alyx_0_0

I think @GentleButter has a character that works like that.
Oh cool! I looked at their profile and checked out the description of the character and they're kinda similar but mine would be a deal-maker and causer of general chaos... Or maybe that's the wrong to go about it? I don't know what I want her to be other than powerful demoness...

PC Master Race

I don't really have much input on what to suggest you, sorry.
Just thought I'd drop by and say, welcome back.

Alyx_0_0

PC Master Race

I know I want her to have magic powers (preferably revolving around ice and maybe shadows)
I don't know what I want her to be other than powerful demoness...
As far as these are concerned, at least I can think of a "theme" for your sona's powers : underworld cold, reaper kind of deal.

Alyx_0_0

As far as these are concerned, at least I can think of a "theme" for your sona's powers : underworld cold, reaper kind of deal.
I was kinda thinking of going down the trickster route with her. Making deals with mortals to enact revenge or act on mortal sins such as greed and lust and all that, you know?

PC Master Race

I was kinda thinking of going down the trickster route with her. Making deals with mortals to enact revenge or act on mortal sins such as greed and lust and all that, you know?
That's cool (pun intended lol), you can still do the "underworld ice" power if you want, to go with her being a demon and your preference for ice power.

Alyx_0_0

That's cool (pun intended lol), you can still do the "underworld ice" power if you want, to go with her being a demon and your preference for ice power.
I might just give her general power to be honest. I don't really know what I want her to be capable of other than powerful...

PC Master Race

I might just give her general power to be honest. I don't really know what I want her to be capable of other than powerful...
What'd you have in terms of "general power" ?

Alyx_0_0

What'd you have in terms of "general power" ?
I dunno just power and she can use it to do whatever she wants? I don't really know how to explain it.

PC Master Race

I dunno just power and she can use it to do whatever she wants? I don't really know how to explain it.
I think you might wanna be more specific than that.
If it's "to do whatever she wants", my guy Jin has gravity-based power to freely manipulate and move objects similar to telekinesis, the difference is it's not done with his mind.
Is that what you're going for ?

Alyx_0_0

I think you might wanna be more specific than that.
If it's "to do whatever she wants", my guy Jin has gravity-based power to freely manipulate and move objects similar to telekinesis, the difference is it's not done with his mind.
Is that what you're going for ?
No I just mean she has a lot of power and she can use it for whatever she wants. If she wants to set something on fire then she gets to, if she wants to start a mortal war then she can, if she wants to create a whole new life form then she can. That kind of thing.

PC Master Race

No I just mean she has a lot of power and she can use it for whatever she wants. If she wants to set something on fire then she gets to, if she wants to start a mortal war then she can, if she wants to create a whole new life form then she can. That kind of thing.
That sounds kinda overpowered, and just bland.
Even gods and such have their "theme", y'know ? God of thunder/lightning, god of fire, so on and so forth.

Alyx_0_0

Eh. Feels like confining her or something. Maybe I'll make it so she can do anything but in order to do something in the mortal realm, she has to make a contract with a mortal... Yea that's a good one. She'll be like a djinn, a spirit of chaos but then she'll also be like a demon that has to make contracts in order to actually do anything substantial... Like a genie with no rules. Yea. I like that a lot.