• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help me out.

coffinberry

Member
uuuhhh... hmm.

someone ask you to draw something
have them pay a little bit upfront
finish drawing
they send rest?
 

Leahtaur

Member
I'd love to help you out if only I knew what you were asking. :D

Are you asking how YOU would do a commission? I.e., draw for someone else? Paypal is indeed ideal, and it does seem to work out best for both parties if 50% is paid upfront and the rest upon completion, especially if you aren't well known as a businessperson/artist. Be sure to watermark everything so they can't get anything for free.

Are you asking how to commission someone else? The Market forum has tons of artists advertising their prices.

If you have anything more specific I'd be glad to give more detailed pointers. :)
 
Leahtaur said:
I'd love to help you out if only I knew what you were asking. :D

Are you asking how YOU would do a commission? I.e., draw for someone else? Paypal is indeed ideal, and it does seem to work out best for both parties if 50% is paid upfront and the rest upon completion, especially if you aren't well known as a businessperson/artist. Be sure to watermark everything so they can't get anything for free.

Are you asking how to commission someone else? The Market forum has tons of artists advertising their prices.

If you have anything more specific I'd be glad to give more detailed pointers. :)

That's makes sense. But, what do they need on paypal when someone wants commission?
 

TheGru

Member
Well can you have the client mail payment via money order, or check? It's slow but it's another methood to get the payment to you.
 

Leahtaur

Member
Paypal users can use funds from their online account, received from other Paypal users; funds from a credit card if the person they're sending it to has a business account; or funds from a bank account, if they've confirmed their debit. It can take a few days/weeks to set up if you're going to confirm your debit or credit card, or it can be instantaneous if you only want a basic account.

I THINK you also have to be 18 to use Paypal, although I could be mistaken. If that's a problem, there's always cheque/money order/well-concealed cash in the mail (not recommended.) Just make sure you wait for cheques to clear in your account before doing any work in case your commissioner tries to scam you. This has never happened to me before and I've mostly had nice commissioners, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
 
Maybe I will got to money order and checks. Because Paypal is NOT very got and it will cause trouble.

http://www.nopaypal.com/
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

See what is about of 2 website of why we hate Paypal.
 
Leahtaur said:
Paypal users can use funds from their online account, received from other Paypal users; funds from a credit card if the person they're sending it to has a business account; or funds from a bank account, if they've confirmed their debit. It can take a few days/weeks to set up if you're going to confirm your debit or credit card, or it can be instantaneous if you only want a basic account.

I THINK you also have to be 18 to use Paypal, although I could be mistaken. If that's a problem, there's always cheque/money order/well-concealed cash in the mail (not recommended.) Just make sure you wait for cheques to clear in your account before doing any work in case your commissioner tries to scam you. This has never happened to me before and I've mostly had nice commissioners, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Some people using paypal is the most dangerous and no good payment site.

Money order and checks are okay to use?
 

Leahtaur

Member
dragonmorph said:
Maybe I will got to money order and checks. Because Paypal is NOT very got and it will cause trouble.

http://www.nopaypal.com/
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

See what is about of 2 website of why we hate Paypal.

I think you should probably try Paypal and draw your own conclusions. Keep in mind that those sites are exceedingly biased, and that most of their examples are from several years ago, before Paypal was "reformed". (Or so I've heard.) Also keep in mind that the vast majority of your customers WILL prefer the instant gratification/convenience of Paypal, and you may even lose business due to your refusal to use it.

But that's just my own Paypal bias showing. :p It has it's pros and cons. I've been using it for a year+ for buying and selling and have never had a problem.

Oh, and did you know that you can edit your posts to add things you forgot to say? :3
 

Duo

New Member
*facepalms*
First thing that came to mind was
How Dood I Commission?.
1.Somebody wants you to draw something fantastical.
2. They send you money!.
3.???
4. PROFIT!
 

crimsonwolf90

Next subj... I mean, customer!
Duo said:
*facepalms*
First thing that came to mind was
How Dood I Commission?.
1.Somebody wants you to draw something fantastical.
2. They send you money!.
3.???
4. PROFIT!

excelent south park reference there...^^

anyway, that's basicaly it. You get money, they get picture, (almost) everyone is happy.
 

Duo

New Member
crimsonwolf90 said:
Duo said:
*facepalms*
First thing that came to mind was
How Dood I Commission?.
1.Somebody wants you to draw something fantastical.
2. They send you money!.
3.???
4. PROFIT!

excelent south park reference there...^^

anyway, that's basicaly it. You get money, they get picture, (almost) everyone is happy.

but wait!!! I left it as ???... you could do like some artist and never DO the picture. Then suddenly vanish with there cash!.
 

crimsonwolf90

Next subj... I mean, customer!
Duo said:
crimsonwolf90 said:
Duo said:
*facepalms*
First thing that came to mind was
How Dood I Commission?.
1.Somebody wants you to draw something fantastical.
2. They send you money!.
3.???
4. PROFIT!

excelent south park reference there...^^

anyway, that's basicaly it. You get money, they get picture, (almost) everyone is happy.

but wait!!! I left it as ???... you could do like some artist and never DO the picture. Then suddenly vanish with there cash!.

Why, that's horrible, crude and overall it's mean...it's also perfect, why did I ever think of that?
 
So, when I'm selling my artworks and when someone is buying my art, what can I use on paypal? You know like bank account or something to send money to me.
 

Magnus

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
Just give the person your address or PO box, he will put the bling in an envelope and send it to you, now its your turn but (protect the picture, don't wanna send a crumbled piece of paper now would you?
 
Magnus said:
Just give the person your address or PO box, he will put the bling in an envelope and send it to you, now its your turn but (protect the picture, don't wanna send a crumbled piece of paper now would you?

Maybe I will do that.
 

Duo

New Member
dragonmorph said:
Give me step-by-step please.

Paypal has a help option and FAQ along with a How To. I suggest going there and finding out what to do.
 
I already read all the FAQ at Paypal and I know how and I'm think I'm ready to do auction/commission.

My auction site is http://www.fureauction.com/profile_DM.html

Remember that folks, I will got any of furry cons that is close to San Antonio, Texas next year like Oklacon, Furry Fiesta, or sometimes Rocky Mountain Fur Con.
 
Top