• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help me re-price my art!

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I'm responding to this as an artist:
- with only a handful of pieces in their own gallery
- does not accept commissions
- has not placed a commission (but planning on doing so some day)
So take my advice as you will.

Art is subjective, we all know this. I've seen intricate pieces of art sell for low prices, and conversely, art that is simple (technique-wise or even subject-wise) sell for what I would consider a lot of money. Sometimes people aren't buying the art so much as supporting an artist they enjoy. Maybe they just enjoy the artist's personality.

With that in mind, the first thing I would suggest is to have examples for the things you're offering. A couple of sketch examples, a few linework examples, flat-color examples, and so on. It would help show off your work and give an idea of what people can expect. The prices do seem a little high to me, as it stands with no examples.

I'm not sure what I would consider "high-quality" but I think your work is some of the more polished pieces I've seen. They're clean, dynamic, and interesting. I only looked at the SFW gallery and I look forward to seeing more works from you.
Good luck!

I'm responding to this as an artist:
- with only a handful of pieces in their own gallery
- does not accept commissions
- has not placed a commission (but planning on doing so some day)
So take my advice as you will.

Art is subjective, we all know this. I've seen intricate pieces of art sell for low prices, and conversely, art that is simple (technique-wise or even subject-wise) sell for what I would consider a lot of money. Sometimes people aren't buying the art so much as supporting an artist they enjoy. Maybe they just enjoy the artist's personality.

With that in mind, the first thing I would suggest is to have examples for the things you're offering. A couple of sketch examples, a few linework examples, flat-color examples, and so on. It would help show off your work and give an idea of what people can expect. The prices do seem a little high to me, as it stands with no examples.

I'm not sure what I would consider "high-quality" but I think your work is some of the more polished pieces I've seen. They're clean, dynamic, and interesting. I only looked at the SFW gallery and I look forward to seeing more works from you.
Good luck!
Thank you so much!! That’s helped me out a lot. I’m gonna be making some examples for each! Thank you for your kind words! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy my work! ^^