• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

help needed! arms are :(

stellatae

hi everyone!

I'm jumping in here because everyone was so kind on my last post and seemed to over fantastic advice. I'm working on my first anthro character attempt and it isn't going too bad (I think).

I am just having trouble with the arms. I cannot seem to get them positioned to look normal no matter what I do. I've tried looking at other reference photos but I'm at my wit's end here! Please ignore the face right now. The eyes are such are a battle for another day omg.

I welcome any suggestions, tricks, or anything you can offer! Thank you so much ^>^

Chiyuki to Ichinichi.png

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
You got the arms pretty good there, only thing I could suggest is straightening the line making up the outside of the upper arm, and drawing elbows/lower arm as with that thin waist, you're gonna have those visible

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
hi everyone!

I'm jumping in here because everyone was so kind on my last post and seemed to over fantastic advice. I'm working on my first anthro character attempt and it isn't going too bad (I think).

I am just having trouble with the arms. I cannot seem to get them positioned to look normal no matter what I do. I've tried looking at other reference photos but I'm at my wit's end here! Please ignore the face right now. The eyes are such are a battle for another day omg.

I welcome any suggestions, tricks, or anything you can offer! Thank you so much ^>^

To help you out, I think the issue is simple:

When people clasp their hands behind their back, they almost have to bend them at the elbow to do so. Your picture has the elbows themselves behind her back, making it look like she's dislocated her shoulders. Try positioning the upper arms relatively straight down with just a slight angle, and then bend the lower forearms at the elbows near her waist to clasp the arms behind her back.

Try it in a mirror and you'll see the issue instantly. Usually the elbows can be seen clearly at the person's sides. A few random pictures below to show what I mean.

And also, the breast on the left is angled more outwards slightly, throwing off symmetry and hiding the arm slightly. Now if that's on purpose that's fine of course, maybe it's a part of the pose, but that will make it look not identical on either side, throwing the look a bit if everything else is straight up and down.

Hope this helps you some, 'cause it's a great picture in the making. <hugs>

studio-portraits-of-ordinary-people-picture-id167362413
images