• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Crescent-Moon20

Hello everybody, I hope you all are doing good and staying safe at the comfort of your home.

I'm new here, but I currently needed a help. I just finished a commission last month ago, but the commissioner haven't paid me as of now. Is there a way to report this? Please I need help, I did all my effort just to finish the commission and I don't get paid for this.

Please help, I have the drawing done and the commissioner's username.

Nerire

Playing with Magic
Hey, unfortunately, I don't think you can do much about the commissioner not paying to you at this point.
Do not give them the finished commission in any form, if they really want it, they need to pay for it. Are they still communicating with you? Have they given a reason as to why they weren't able/didn't bother to pay you so far?

Most artists require the full payment before the commission is finished, usually after a sketch is provided (and some artists even before the sketching process begins). I'd advise for you to start doing the same.

You can give us the name of the commissioner, just so that others know who to watch out for, but I'm not sure if this person can be reported for this. Hopefully someone with more useful information hops onto this thread soon.
So sorry this happened to you, people can be scumbags

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Callout posts aren't allowed so don't drop their name.

Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do to help. FA doesn't deal with users business disputes. The most advice I can say is to learn from this experience and take the money before you fulfill the drawing. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take payment after unless you're really good friends with someone- and even then, most 'friends' come with their flaws.

Crescent-Moon20

Hey, unfortunately, I don't think you can do much about the commissioner not paying to you at this point.
Do not give them the finished commission in any form, if they really want it, they need to pay for it. Are they still communicating with you? Have they given a reason as to why they weren't able/didn't bother to pay you so far?

Most artists require the full payment before the commission is finished, usually after a sketch is provided (and some artists even before the sketching process begins). I'd advise for you to start doing the same.

You can give us the name of the commissioner, just so that others know who to watch out for, but I'm not sure if this person can be reported for this. Hopefully someone with more useful information hops onto this thread soon.
So sorry this happened to you, people can be scumbags

I was thinking of doing the same as most artist likes to receive the payment first so I learned my first lesson.

I left comments first before sending a note. I haven't been blocked by that commissioner and she's still at Furaffinity. And no, she didn't leave a reply on my note or my comments. No update or reason of she didn't want to pay. I can take screenshots if needed.

Can I put the commissioner's name here or privately?

It's my first time to get this happened to me. I always do full efforts to finish the commission and I'm sad about this now.

Crescent-Moon20

Callout posts aren't allowed so don't drop their name.

Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do to help. FA doesn't deal with users business disputes. The most advice I can say is to learn from this experience and take the money before you fulfill the drawing. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take payment after unless you're really good friends with someone- and even then, most 'friends' come with their flaws.
Because it's my first time that happened to me, I won't make the same mistake again so I learned my lesson.

But I just want to get this fix. I can send screenshots if needed.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Because it's my first time that happened to me, I won't make the same mistake again so I learned my lesson.

But I just want to get this fix. I can send screenshots if needed.

You can't though, unless of course you want to take this guy to court over it. XD In which case, you'd be spending a lot more than you probably made!

Always accept payment up front and never deliver anything until it's received.
When it comes to paying, be sure to send them an invoice that explicitly states what they're getting (I.E a digital service, drawing, the rights to a character like an adoptable). That way if they try and do a chargeback, you can prove otherwise.

Also, have you noted them on FA? And if you did, does it show that the message has been read?

Crescent-Moon20

You can't though, unless of course you want to take this guy to court over it. XD In which case, you'd be spending a lot more than you probably made!

Always accept payment up front and never deliver anything until it's received.
When it comes to paying, be sure to send them an invoice that explicitly states what they're getting (I.E a digital service, drawing, the rights to a character like an adoptable). That way if they try and do a chargeback, you can prove otherwise.

Also, have you noted them on FA? And if you did, does it show that the message has been read?

Ok, got it. I'll send them an invoice for this. I'll remember it.

Yes, I have sent her a note & send a message by comments and no. But I believe she deleted my note or not replying it as it is still mark as unread. She just posted new arts 4 days ago and my note was still from last month, around August 20th.

Nerire

Playing with Magic
I'm just wondering though, if they haven't replied to your comments of your notes before, Why'd you go through with finishing the art?
I mean
Did you actually talk before everything was finished and afterwards they started ghosting you?

Crescent-Moon20

I'm just wondering though, if they haven't replied to your comments of your notes before, Why'd you go through with finishing the art?
I mean
Did you actually talk before everything was finished and afterwards they started ghosting you?
Because I want to finish the commission on time, but I believe it's a big mistake for me.

Yes, I did talk to them, I can provide you the links or screenshots.