• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

help regarding inkedfur

NimbusDragon

This is my first post, hopefully, I am doing this right. The website in question is inkedfur, the website is NSFW. I can't find anything in the rules about how that is handled on this site so I am just going to post this and hope I don't PO an admin.

Storytime!

I wanted a pillowcase and I found inkedfur and a few other sites. I did not have previous knowledge of any of these sites. I tried to look up product reviews on any of the companies and really did not find anything. Inkedfur had a Typhlosion which I found shooking, the world needs more Typhlosion art. This won me over compared to any other offerings on any other site.

I placed an order on 13 Sep 2019.
A few weeks later I raised an eyebrow as to why it had not shipped and as such went playing around on the Inkedfur helpdesk / Q&A and found that they do not stock some items including pillowcases and that it could take 6 weeks. Let's just say Inkedfur is not the only site I order custom furry items from and am perfectly used to waiting 8+ weeks for my orders. As such this was not an issue. The Q&A page said to submit a ticket to confirm the item is back-ordered so I did.

I got a response from Stripes Maccoonis, see below.

"That is correct, and looking up your order number it appears it is indeed on backorder. It should be here in a few weeks, and once it's sent out you should receive a confirmation email. If not, you're welcome to check back here and ask for a tracking number."

I have since then sent another response to check in a month ago (Right around the 6/7 week marker). I never heard back.

I sent another response 13 days ago after finding another Q&A page suggesting to ask for a time estimate. I also tried raising the ticket status from low to medium. If you are wondering if I am being rude and that's why they are not responding you can find my messages in full below.

My message from a month ago.

"Hello Stripes,
I wanted to check in on this, hope all is well.
Also, a somewhat related question. Is there somewhere I can see a picture of the short plush fabric or get more info about what kind of fabric it is exactly? It's starting to get cold outside and the plush sounds kinda nice. But, I cannot seem to find any info about what it looks like and how the longer plush fabric affects the picture or what kind of fabric it actually is. Oddly I can't find anything just searching around for it. Any info would be appreciated."

My message from 13 days ago.

"Howdy Stripes,
I don't want to come across as a bother but I am getting a little concerned since I haven't heard back. I found another FAQ suggesting I should ask for an estimate? If its gonna be another six weeks then that's just how it be sometimes, just let me know. I am happy to wait, just concerned not to know what's happening.
Also, I am still interested to know more about the plush fabric.
I hope all is well with you and your team.
Thanks,
*My name went here.*
PS: Happy Thanksgiving!"

As of today, it has been 12 weeks and 3 days.

I don't usually use any social media but I decided to look for there company account to make sure they are not dead or injured and it would appear that they are okay. The other thing I found is that it sounds like there was a whole thing in 2018 regarding this company and that a lot of people don't like them. It sounds like that got resolved.

While it might be interesting for someone to explain to me what that 2018 thing was all about, I am more so hoping to find some knowledge about what is going on. Is there anyone who has ordered something in the past year or so and knows how long this might actually take? Or perhaps what might be going on to cause a delay like this? Maybe an artist who does work for them who has some insight? At worst I am hoping someone (knowledgable on the issue, not just your two cents) can just end it and hand me the bad news that I am probably out some 150$ and just screwed. (Fancy thread + fancy shipping is how you get that price).

I am going to try submitting another ticket and keep my cool on it and see if that gets me anywhere but I am not getting a good feeling from any of this.

If anyone has any knowledge or suggestions moving forward I am more than happy to listen. It has occurred to me that a bank can dispute a charge if need be, but something tells me that it has been too long to do that. I also have no clue who that works, maybe someone who bought fallout 64 can tell me, lol.

Thanks in advance for your input.

NimbusDragon

I ended up getting a response from another ticket, and am now all good. I think I just hit maximum panic last night.
I suppose if you are ordering a pillow from them and come across this in the future, it can take longer than 6 weeks (by a lot) and you kinda just have to accept that. Small niche products have long waiting lines. that being said I think anyone who comes across this is going to hopefully understand why I started to get nervous.

MissNook

I ended up getting a response from another ticket, and am now all good. I think I just hit maximum panic last night.
I suppose if you are ordering a pillow from them and come across this in the future, it can take longer than 6 weeks (by a lot) and you kinda just have to accept that. Small niche products have long waiting lines. that being said I think anyone who comes across this is going to hopefully understand why I started to get nervous.
It's understandable that you were nervous about it :) I'm glad it went well in the end!