• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

help with code for a web site

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
Okay i need help coding my web site!

Does any one know of a site that can teach me how or some one that can do it? Just basic i just want to post my stories to it!

Can you help?

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Waaaaay back in the day when I was first starting out, I used Sizzling HTML Jalfrezi, which helped me to learn the ins and outs of standard HTML code and its syntax. It has a very encyclopaedic (if very 1990's) way of presenting itself, though it's generally pretty dated by now. After all, it still talks about Netscape 4.

W3Schools is a great place to go for reference, though I'll be honest and say I haven't gone through any of their tutorials. They came along well after I had already learned my HTML.

Raithah

If all you want to do is post your stories, why not look into a blog hosting service? It's a trade off between simplicity and customizability : if all you're looking for is a place to drop your stories and be done with it, I'd recommend going the easy route and customizing such a pre-built site with a little CSS and images. Otherwise, w3schools has an excellent reference section (as said by Runefox) for stylesheets and XHTML. Their tutorials are sometimes worded a little poorly, but often offer examples to clarify.

Pi

I recommend Webgen, a static-page-generating compiler; you feed it a few templates then never write HTML again. I've also heard good stuff about Static, but I've never used it.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I can't possibly agree more. W3C makes the standards, and offers very concise documentation/tutorials. Get it from the source. :3

Actually, W3Schools isn't run by the W3C. They are, however, a pretty good authority on the standards that the W3C create.

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
Thanks for all the help! @_@
...Wish me luck!

PeppermintRoo

Mint Flavored
Actually, W3Schools isn't run by the W3C. They are, however, a pretty good authority on the standards that the W3C create.

Oh. That's definitely news to me. All this time I thought it was run by them. Heh, thanks for pointing that out.

SnowFox

I can't possibly agree more. W3C makes the standards, and offers very concise documentation/tutorials. Get it from the source. :3

But what if you want your website to work in IE? </lol>

My only advice from experience would be to NOT use serif webplus. God I hate it :x