• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Help with drawing anthro better (criticism appreciated)

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
I've been a furry for a long time, but recently discovered/decided that I not only wanted to become more involved with the community, but also that I'd like to start at least attempting to draw anthro (at least for my character, who's currently stuck in my head :p).

Would love any comments for how to improve the picture/good drawing tips.

P.S. Since i'm still a noob at doing FA thread posting, I'll post the link to my FA post of the drawing, but i'll change it if that doesn't work.

www.furaffinity.net: Coon by SniperCoon2882

Hazelmere

Needs more coffee.
Drawing muzzles from the front is a problem that I see a lot of artists struggle with! Including me...
Although it sounds cliche, references/tutorials on human anatomy is a great way to get started. I found this tutorial quite useful:
Also, try building up your heads from simple shapes like cubes and spheres. Like this:

60LQ1JH.jpg

Adorable character, by the way!

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
Thank you! I was just trying to get my idea of a basic coon character down on paper (and this was the first attempt I've ever done at drawing any sort of character since i usually drew vehicles or weapons before), and i wasn't really sure if i could get the 3d down the first time for the head and all...

I've been trying to find a tutorial like that for a while, and it pointed out how i should try to draw more dynamic and fluid poses, which are also easier to see!

And I appreciate the comment about the "adorableness" too :p

Last edited:

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
@redhusky As far as characters or just in general? because i can do inorganic shapes pretty well (imho) and i've practiced doing 3d objects like cars, helicopters, rifles, and planes before. I've just not had experience with character drawing.

But yeah, I'm going to try doing more character drawings using shapes for the outline and general shapes of the body.

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
@redhusky As far as characters or just in general? because i can do inorganic shapes pretty well (imho) and i've practiced doing 3d objects like cars, helicopters, rifles, and planes before. I've just not had experience with character drawing.

But yeah, I'm going to try doing more character drawings using shapes for the outline and general shapes of the body.
In general, you will use such things to make characters.