• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hey all!

Wingedwolf

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd drop in to say hi 8D

I've been on FA a few years and enjoyed it thus far (besides the downtime >>). I'm a FTM transboy from Wales, UK and am an artist specializing in anthros (duh). I'm very spiritual, and follow the paths of Wiccan and Shamanism (I mix them a bit).

I'm also a wolf therianthrope, a 'modern day werewolf' and lots of other things :3

Nice to meet you all! *wags*

darkdy50

JD the shapeshifter mage
yo, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay,
hit me up if you want to talk

Kume

WARNING: FAG. BIG TIME.
Hello!!! You are Wiccan??? Sweet. Im pagan, i started to look into the ideals of Wiccans tho, so if you would care to explain them sometime on yahoo im? *hands a cookie with a pentacle on it* Made it mehself!

Smurgen

Lonely Bunny
Hello and welcome to FAF! Feel free to chat me up anytime!
Info is over there!
<---

Shouden

When in doubt: C4
I've known a couple of Wiccans. They are alright people. hmmm....You're name is intriguing though. Winged Wolves shouldn't be taken too lightly (trust me, I've met a couple of them), but whatever. (met a few werewolves, too. Not particularly fond of the vast majority of them.) Welcome to the FAF. *digs in his bag of Randomness and pulls out a lily and hands it to you* here, have a Lily.

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
Welcome onboard ^^

Please forgive me my unknownness, but what are
Wiccan, Shamanism, wolf therianthrope
?

Have a coo... ARGH! Ey, fox guy, it's MY duty to hand the newbies the cookies!

Shouden

Wiccans believe basically (from what I take on it) that nature is a deity; that the earth itself is a god, and one to be worshiped. They also worship the animals and plants in nature.

Shamanism - I don't know much about.

Therianism is the belief that you are an animal or that you can shapeshift into one.

Shouden

umm....Captain Planet and Final Fantasy: Spirits Within are decent examples I think of at least mild Wiccanism.

Wingedwolf

I wouldn't consider Captain Planet or Spirits Within to be anything like Wicca. Sure, it's a nature worshipping religion, but it has rules and such. I'm not a strict Wiccan, the most I do is celebrate the sabbats and perform rituals.

Shamanism to me, is the belief that everything is tied together in a delicate web of life. Nothing can survive alone, and this is more to my beliefs than Wicca. You could say I take Wiccan rituals and apply them to shamanism. I consider all animals and plants sacred, but not to a OMG RELIGIOUS! point.

It's hard to explain, I guess.

Therianthropy is basically what you said. The view/belief that our soul is an animal, or we have a very close spiritual bond with a certain animal. Wolves and crows are for me, my life animals, or whatever you would call them.

What's wrong with winged wolves? >: I've actually never met any apart from myself, and I only added wings to my 'fursona' because of my affinity for crows, also :0

Nice to meet you all :0

Shouden

winged wolves can either be angelic or demonic. Most are angelic. I would say that I respect you because wolves and crows usually don't get along all that well. (For the record, most wolves - angels or not - don't like to fly.) But I do have respect for you.

Wingedwolf

I'm not anything to do with Angels, and if any, I'd be more like a demon. But I'm not sure I believe in either >> Crows(and Ravens, of course) and wolves are said to get on well spiritually in Native American stories and such. I'm not sure.

I respect you too :3

darkdy50

JD the shapeshifter mage
i use to study wiccan, but couldnt get in to it. iv even got a book on it.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
Salutations, WingedWolf, and welcome to the FA forums. :cool: Feel free to leave me a PM at any time if you ever need help with anything, or if you just want to have a nice, friendly chat. :) Hope you enjoy your stay on here. ;)