• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

HEY YALL NEED HELP WITH MAKING YOUR SONA??? TRY HERE MAYBE THIS CAN HELP YA!!!!

Narri

Will fly you around for hugs and pats
Maybe a bump??? :p

Also, I need help naming this list. Does anyone have any ideas for what thing collection of bases could be called?

Last edited:

Rimna

I was looking for this thread because of all the amazing links for Free To Use bases and templates.

Bump for new joiners, and anyone who's interested in getting Free-to-use lineart to build their character! (which I am, I was looking for that rabbit template XD)

Narri

Will fly you around for hugs and pats
Any tips on personality building???
That would depend on what you want the character to be. Maybe they're literally you but floofy, or they're something completely different like a character on their own.

For some people it's difficult to build out a personality for the character. Especially in the case of said character being completely different from you.

For characters you'd want to build out a bit more, I find listing a bunch of stuff out helps and then building it out from there.

I'm going to make a hypothetical character here and list a bunch of stuff out that I think may fit the character.
INTRODUCING JAY THE RACOON!!!!!!!!
  • Loves cooking
  • bit of an airhead
  • Think classic cartoon like thing
  • Incredibly wholesome and loveable
  • He is a baker that dabbles in sweet treats and transformative magics sometimes (Because reasons)
  • Bakadere kind of character but in an adorable doofus kind of way
  • genuinely likes to help people out in trying new sweets
  • has a tendency to mix up orders sometimes giving people "transformative sweets"
From this little list we can start to get an idea of the kind of character Jay is going to be.

Maybe play out a little scenario for your character.
"Jay just realised that he has ran out of flour and his store is set to open any minute now." What does he do?
Some people find asking the character questions then thinking how they'd answer them to help them out.

Heck, if you even like. Splice two characters personalities that exist together and see the result, could be fun.

ALSO JUST A QUICK NOTE ON CHARACTER BACKROUNDS/BACKSTORIES!!!
A bunch of people think that you need to have this A BILLION PAGE EPIC STORY ABOUT HOW YOUR CHARACTER FOUGHT AGAINST THE FORCES OF EVIL TO TAKE THE THRONE OF GOOD AND THAT!!!! You do not need that much detail. If you want to go that route, go for it more power to you. Just know you don't need to do that. A couple of sentences or no backstory at all is fine.

ANNNNNNNDD HERE'S A VIDEO LINK THAT MAY HELP YOU TOO!!!!
(While they may not explicitly be about making personalities for your fursona, alot of the advice given in them can be applied to your fursona)

Hope This Helps!!!

That would depend on what you want the character to be. Maybe they're literally you but floofy, or they're something completely different like a character on their own.

For some people it's difficult to build out a personality for the character. Especially in the case of said character being completely different from you.

For characters you'd want to build out a bit more, I find listing a bunch of stuff out helps and then building it out from there.

I'm going to make a hypothetical character here and list a bunch of stuff out that I think may fit the character.
  • Loves cooking
  • bit of an airhead
  • He is a baker that dabbles in sweet treats and transformative magics sometimes (Because reasons)
  • has a tendency to mix up orders sometimes giving people "transformative sweets"
From this little list we can start to get an idea of the kind of character Jay is going to be.

"Jay just realised that he has ran out of flour and his store is set to open any minute now." What does he do?
Some people find asking the character questions then thinking how they'd answer them to help them out.

Heck, if you even like. Splice two characters personalities that exist together and see the result, could be fun.

A bunch of people think that you need to have this A BILLION PAGE EPIC STORY ABOUT HOW YOUR CHARACTER FOUGHT AGAINST THE FORCES OF EVIL TO TAKE THE THRONE OF GOOD AND THAT!!!! You do not need that much detail. If you want to go that route, go for it more power to you. Just know you don't need to do that. A couple of sentences or no backstory at all is fine.

(While they may not explicitly be about making personalities for your fursona, alot of the advice given in them can be applied to your fursona)

Hope This Helps!!!
Thanks I’ll try it : )

Khafra

Heave away, haul away

• Loves cooking
  • bit of an airhead

Hope This Helps!!!
Haven't seen the video, but the personality for my sona was acquired during a DnD game. I used the character as a template to get art, and it kind of became a thing.
Outside of that I never felt the need for any personality to begin with.