• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hey, you! Internet-shopping people! Help me.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
So I preordered an item on Amazon, that's supposed to come out Dec 16.

However, I just checked my email, and Amazon has sent me a notice saying that the item has been shipped.
The status of the item in my actual account still says "pre-ordered" and the expected delivery says "Dec 16 - 31" (which has been wrong in the past), but the email says "shipped."
It has also already charged my fiance's card (he's getting it because it's my Christmas present).

So, should I just keep my eye on my mailbox every day, or is this just something weird in Amazon's wording that actually means "the payment has been processed"?
It did say that the order can't be changed, now, because it "has shipped." It can only be stopped / returned.
But I'm confused.

I'm sure some of you have preordered shit from Amazon, before.
Help me, please.
I'm still new to the online shopping thing.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Although the item in question is to be released in retail stores on the 16th, the stores receive their stock beforehand, right?

Amazon, like any retailer, does the same thing - it receives stock early. It's a special kind of store though since it's online, and it's given a kind of unwritten leeway to ship stuff early by most suppliers - it's understood that stuff takes time to transit.

I've friends who preordered Pokemon through Amazon, release date 12th October, who received it on the 10th and 11th.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I'd just contact them. I have made good experiences with the German Amazon customer support, I'm sure they can help you^^

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Although the item in question is to be released in retail stores on the 16th, the stores receive their stock beforehand, right?

Amazon, like any retailer, does the same thing - it receives stock early. It's a special kind of store though since it's online, and it's given a kind of unwritten leeway to ship stuff early by most suppliers - it's understood that stuff takes time to transit.

I've friends who preordered Pokemon through Amazon, release date 12th October, who received it on the 10th and 11th.
I know that some places do ship out early, but I didn't think it would be a matter of almost an entire month early, depending on how long shipping takes.

I'd just contact them. I have made good experiences with the German Amazon customer support, I'm sure they can help you^^
I could do that, but it's not an urgent concern so much as a curiosity, I guess.
I'm not trying to stop the order or anything. I just want an idea of when it's actually coming.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I could do that, but it's not an urgent concern so much as a curiosity, I guess.
I'm not trying to stop the order or anything. I just want an idea of when it's actually coming.

Their system has confused you, because one month early really is VERY early, and the job of their customer support is to help you with that :3
just shoot them a short mail with your question and after a couple of hours max you are gonna have your reply and everything will be clear to you^^

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Amazon's customer service is pretty friendly, Just send them an email and don't feel bad about it. The guys on the other end want your emails so they have work to do and get paid for.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
Amazon has a chat service which allows you to IM a member of their customer service team so you don't have to wait around for a reply to an email. I use it all the time to solve any issues i have with orders.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Amazon has a chat service which allows you to IM a member of their customer service team so you don't have to wait around for a reply to an email. I use it all the time to solve any issues i have with orders.

As good as Amazon's customer service is, I have made bad experiences with those help chats... Send them a mail or call them, that's usually the best option.