• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Heya

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
Well, hi. I've forgotten why I'm here already. I think it was something about the only furry I'm acquainted with telling me that I don't participate in the furry community enough, and a non-furry friend telling me that I don't do enough passing communication with strangers. I have no idea how forums work, really, and it will be a wonder if I put in more than twenty posts by the end of the year.

But still, I remain optimistic. So hi, everyone!

Did I do that right?

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Hello. Yeah you did that right. This is a cool place, give it a shot. So what do you like to do?

Welcome.

Ruastin

The IdaFur
Welcome to the forums!
Tip: :V Means sarcastic!
Enjoy your time!

I have no idea how forums work, really

Think of it as some sort of complex with a bunch of rooms. These rooms are called threads. You enter a thread and talk about that thread's established topic (which should be taped just outside the door).

And that's it. vBulletin has a pretty simple forum format, so it shouldn't be too confusing. You should be fine as long as you follow the rules. You actually have the best grammar I've seen a new member use in a while, which would suggest you're not a complete fucktard.

Welcome to hell.

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
Hello. Yeah you did that right. This is a cool place, give it a shot. So what do you like to do?

Welcome.

Yeah, it seems pretty neat. In terms of artistic-ness/hobbies, I mostly write (but I'm new to writing furry stuff, which is kinda hard). If I'm not writing, lately I'm taking photos of local wildlife. Or sleeping and stuff.

FallowFox said:
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Ruastin said:
Tip: :V Means sarcastic!

So I've been told (I read all the "read this before posting" threads to minimise the risk of offending people or being offended when I'm not meant to be). Is it actually meant to represent a real expression or is it just... one of those things?

Saliva said:
You actually have the best grammar I've seen a new member use in a while, which would suggest you're not a complete fucktard.

Yeah, I consider myself low on the fucktard scale.

Thanks for the overview of forums, too. I have an understanding of how they work, I just haven't used them extensively.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
Hi! Welcome. I'm also a newbie to these things (I posted a thread just a short while ago). I know what it's like to not be a huge part of the furry community. I kind of know where you're coming from. I'd just like to say hi from a fellow newbie. :)

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
Hi! Welcome. I'm also a newbie to these things (I posted a thread just a short while ago). I know what it's like to not be a huge part of the furry community. I kind of know where you're coming from. I'd just like to say hi from a fellow newbie. :)
Well, hello to you, Silvaris! I don't exactly live in a furry hotspot, so that's the primary reason for me not participating in any real capacity. But yeah, hi!

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I live near Pittsburgh, but I've never had the time or money to head up there for any sort of conventions and such. I do wish to get involved more.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I'm from the Pittsburgh region, but I've never been able to go to conventions and such because of money and/or time. I would love to get more involved though.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I'm from the Pittsburgh region, but I've never been able to go to conventions and such because of money and/or time. I would love to get more involved though.
Didn't mean to post twice. My bad.

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
I nearly did that with this thread because internet providers are funny things. There's a little pencil icon in the bottom-right of your posts that you can use to edit or delete them.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I just now noticed that. xD This is what happens when I don't notice things at first. Go ahead and laugh at me. xD I'm currently laughing at myself.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Think of it as some sort of complex with a bunch of rooms. These rooms are called threads. You enter a thread and talk about that thread's established topic (which should be taped just outside the door).
And it's my job to stand just outside the room staring with narrowed eyes at the people talking inside.