• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hi Everyone, Hope you're all well.

PolarSchizo

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to my little thread, I'm Victor.

Truth to be told, still new to the whole fandom but recently got into watching Zootopia (nick is cool) and it just made me want to start looking up more pics from him + other furry art on Pintrest and other social platforms like FAF.

I have a couple people I know of who are into the fandom, I think two of them are already here (zenta and angelo), they're pretty awesome people but I get shy talking about furries with them so I usually keep to myself.

In real life, one of my supervisors from work is into furries and he's a nice guy. I think he recently bought himself a fursuit which I thought was awesome and also one of my co-workers is pretty popular in Deviant and commissions some of her work. She's done great work for other fursonas and even has one of her own, unfortunately I don't remember her DA username at the moment but I could maybe reference it later.

Then, there's me.... Unfortunately I'm not as awesome as the people aforementioned above. I would say my only real accomplishments in life have been building role playing websites (role play stories, lets roleplay) but nothing major and well known. I was afterall, a teenager and my skills have improved but my resources were limited. Maybe someday I'll get back on the groove of things, for now, I want to explore new things in life and I think of those starts can be with furry fandom and kind of go from there.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll do my best to reply as soon as possible.

It was a pleasure getting to know you!
- Victor.

P.S. - Don't really have a fursona, I was thinking of choosing an avatar/pic from the web at random but didn't want to be disrespectful and use someone else's work without permission. Until then, I choose Nick Wilde from Zootopia for my avatar since he's Disney and technically isn't as 'original' as some other amazing artists I've seen around here... Just wouldn't feel right using someone else's work. Maybe you guys can help me choose/build a fursona, that would be nice :)

PolarSchizo

A perfect world doesn't seem so bad. It might get a little boring after a while but, still.

I would say in my mind, a perfect world would cause me depression.
I was speaking with someone last night who said if you knew of someone who can't keep still and you ask them to stay/stand still for 8 hours in a day. That person would be depressed or suicidal because of that simple task; the same would apple in reverse.

Guess it has something to do with my anxiety but also hyperactivity, sometimes I'm a basket case which is why Polar and Schizo seem to define me well.
However, I am curious... If you could build a world, or change something about our current one, what would it be like?

D

Deleted member 82554

If I could change one thing about our current world that would be to devise a new form of governance. A little political, I know, but our current system is not without its flaws.

PolarSchizo

If I could change one thing about our current world that would be to devise a new form of governance. A little political, I know, but our current system is not without its flaws.

One would argue that even with new rules and regulations in place, the truth is that there's no system that's designed without it's own set of flaws.
I welcome political talk, I love to be educated. Sometimes it's hard to find someone who shares their opinion on such important matters.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf, Best Monarch!
Welcome to the forums! =3

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
We've kinda already met, but heya! Nice to meet you, and welcome to this party we call the forums :)

Trevorbluesquirrel

Hi there!

As far as fursonas go, most of us choose them based on our personality!

Some options that might fit you could be wolf, dog, coyote, rabbit, hare, otter, dolphin, deer, horse, hamster, rat, mouse, chipmunk, even a squirrel like me!

You could try some of the online fursona tests to get ideas, would at least narrow down options!

PolarSchizo

We've kinda already met, but heya! Nice to meet you, and welcome to this party we call the forums :)

Surprisingly this is only my second day and already received 75 likes from the community, guess I'm more relevant than I thought ha ha.

PolarSchizo

You could try some of the online fursona tests to get ideas, would at least narrow down options!

There's fursona tests online? I am intrigued, I'll need to research that asap.

As far as fursonas go, most of us choose them based on our personality!

Some options that might fit you could be wolf, dog, coyote, rabbit, hare, otter, dolphin, deer, horse, hamster, rat, mouse, chipmunk, even a squirrel like me!

I had coyota probably on my mind, to be honest maybe hamster or squirrel too but like you said, if it's based on personality then that varies.
I tend to describe myself as pretty calm, relaxed even, but sometimes that can change based on circumstances.

Such example would be my friend letting me borrow her car today (mine was totaled on Nov 15th) and her battery kept dying.
Normally I would allow someone else to do the battery replacements but I felt adventurous and did it myself (plus some stranger's car too.)

My personality at the time was pretty focused, maybe a bit serious.
Then anxiety hit me later in the night.

Had some errands to run (laundry, pay off credit card, groceries, fold clothes, leave car with friend) and then once I got home I started brooming and mopping the floors.
All in all, the anxiety really sucked and that's usually when crazy thoughts happen and I tend to talk to myself *small frown* but that's gone now.

Trevorbluesquirrel

There's fursona tests online? I am intrigued, I'll need to research that asap.

I had coyota probably on my mind, to be honest maybe hamster or squirrel too but like you said, if it's based on personality then that varies.
I tend to describe myself as pretty calm, relaxed even, but sometimes that can change based on circumstances.

Such example would be my friend letting me borrow her car today (mine was totaled on Nov 15th) and her battery kept dying.
Normally I would allow someone else to do the battery replacements but I felt adventurous and did it myself (plus some stranger's car too.)

My personality at the time was pretty focused, maybe a bit serious.
Then anxiety hit me later in the night.

Had some errands to run (laundry, pay off credit card, groceries, fold clothes, leave car with friend) and then once I got home I started brooming and mopping the floors.
All in all, the anxiety really sucked and that's usually when crazy thoughts happen and I tend to talk to myself *small frown* but that's gone now.

Well, all I had to go on was you mentioning hyperactivity, so I thought of canines, rodents, and other critters that are fast, playful, and energetic.

Hence why I didn't suggest felines, since they sleep so much!

I also forgot to mention bat as well!

I actually suggested 4 different quizzes to another user! Links are in this forum!

forums.furaffinity.net: Hellooo!

Would love to hear what you get if you wanna share!

PolarSchizo

Well, all I had to go on was you mentioning hyperactivity, so I thought of canines, rodents, and other critters that are fast, playful, and energetic.

I actually suggested 4 different quizzes to another user! Links are in this forum!

I'll certainly give them a try and post some results, truth be told, I really don't sleep well. Maybe 5-6 hours at most :O

PolarSchizo

Truth be told, I’m kind fighting against myself on the responses.
Something in me says to go with something like a Wolf or Coyota but the truth is that I can resonate a lot with the Elk because of the way that I yearn to be surrounded by trees and mountains and appreciate nature but also listen to music while doing so.

Perhaps I would convince myself that although he is an Elk, my character secretly wishes to be a Tiger or Coyote and therefore can be similar tendencies even at the risk of its own health. So… basically experiencing a bit of psychosis at times and other times he’s healthy or moody.

I would argue that this character probably doesn’t have schizoaffective disorder like I do; If that weren't true then I don’t think I would have a pleasant time having him as a fursona. Perhaps he’s an elk that wants to be a wolf?

Last edited:

Trevorbluesquirrel

Truth be told, I’m kind fighting against myself on the responses.
Something in me says to go with something like a Wolf or Coyota but the truth is that I can resonate a lot with the Elk because of the way that I yearn to be surrounded by trees and mountains and appreciate nature but also listen to music while doing so.

Perhaps I would convince myself that although he is an Elk, my character secretly wishes to be a Tiger or Coyote and therefore can be similar tendencies even at the risk of its own health. So… basically experiencing a bit of psychosis at times and other times he’s healthy or moody.

I would argue that this character probably doesn’t have schizoaffective disorder like I do; If that weren't true then I don’t think I would have a pleasant time having him as a fursona. Perhaps he’s an elk that wants to be a wolf?

Well, that is why some furs have multiple sonas or even hybrid sonas, so as to express different character attributes!

And the tests are just a guide for ideas, they gave me skunk and cat before I settled on squirrel!

Some furs take months just choosing a species, and it can change over time!

Just don't rush it, you don't wanna put a lot of time, money, and effort into a design you won't be happy with!

The elk and wolf idea could work out well! Could be a case of the elk having species dysphoria!

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf, Best Monarch!
Well, that is why some furs have multiple sonas or even hybrid sonas, so as to express different character attributes!

And the tests are just a guide for ideas, they gave me skunk and cat before I settled on squirrel!

Some furs take months just choosing a species, and it can change over time!

Just don't rush it, you don't wanna put a lot of time, money, and effort into a design you won't be happy with!

The elk and wolf idea could work out well! Could be a case of the elk having species dysphoria!

This!!! So this!!

HistoricalyIncorrect

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to my little thread, I'm Victor.

Truth to be told, still new to the whole fandom but recently got into watching Zootopia (nick is cool) and it just made me want to start looking up more pics from him + other furry art on Pintrest and other social platforms like FAF.

I have a couple people I know of who are into the fandom, I think two of them are already here (zenta and angelo), they're pretty awesome people but I get shy talking about furries with them so I usually keep to myself.

In real life, one of my supervisors from work is into furries and he's a nice guy. I think he recently bought himself a fursuit which I thought was awesome and also one of my co-workers is pretty popular in Deviant and commissions some of her work. She's done great work for other fursonas and even has one of her own, unfortunately I don't remember her DA username at the moment but I could maybe reference it later.

Then, there's me.... Unfortunately I'm not as awesome as the people aforementioned above. I would say my only real accomplishments in life have been building role playing websites (role play stories, lets roleplay) but nothing major and well known. I was afterall, a teenager and my skills have improved but my resources were limited. Maybe someday I'll get back on the groove of things, for now, I want to explore new things in life and I think of those starts can be with furry fandom and kind of go from there.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll do my best to reply as soon as possible.

It was a pleasure getting to know you!
- Victor.

P.S. - Don't really have a fursona, I was thinking of choosing an avatar/pic from the web at random but didn't want to be disrespectful and use someone else's work without permission. Until then, I choose Nick Wilde from Zootopia for my avatar since he's Disney and technically isn't as 'original' as some other amazing artists I've seen around here... Just wouldn't feel right using someone else's work. Maybe you guys can help me choose/build a fursona, that would be nice :)
Bro, I have one spare sona. I can let you use him as avatar until you get your own or until I will need him back ^^