• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hi everyone! I'm very new to this <3

VeilDragoness

Hello! I'm actually nervous to be here, but generally hear that this community is welcoming. I have been "stalking" this website for a couple years now and have been thinking a lot about my OC and that I wanted to finally be brave enough to dip my toes in the water. It seems like a lot of fun! I've been diligently searching for an artist with a style I enjoy to help me create my first ref sheet and help me get to see my character outside of my head finally lol (still hunting!)

Some questions:
Do I have to be an artist to be a part of the main site?
Does buying an adopt give you full character rights? (been a little confused on that lately)
What originally brought YOU here?
What helped you decide what your fursona was? :D

-Veil

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Welcome to the nuthouse :D

To answer your questions:

No you don't need to be an artist to be on the main site, there are plenty of people who simply watch.

Yes in most cases buying an adopt gives you full rights to the character, normally you simply buy the design, the name, personally and personal history all come from you.

What brought me here? Originally Krystal art, but over time I've developed my own art style and am working up to doing my own comic. Also most of the people I've met are awesome :D.

My fursona is mostly a representation of my personally (and my love of cheese :))

Hope this helps you, and welcome again.

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Greetings! I won't answer the general questions since they're already answered well but..

I just wanted to look for more ways to participate in furry fandom and talk to people in general and found this.

As for deciding my sona, i at first went for wolves, just my favorite animal.. but ended up going for more of a bird.. and since i like phoenix and i hardly see any- boom. Blue phoenix.

VeilDragoness

Welcome to the nuthouse :D

To answer your questions:

No you don't need to be an artist to be on the main site, there are plenty of people who simply watch.

Yes in most cases buying an adopt gives you full rights to the character, normally you simply buy the design, the name, personally and personal history all come from you.

What brought me here? Originally Krystal art, but over time I've developed my own art style and am working up to doing my own comic. Also most of the people I've met are awesome :D.

My fursona is mostly a representation of my personally (and my love of cheese :))

Hope this helps you, and welcome again.

Thank you bunches for the answers! I love that cheese was the motivation for your sona lol Also, thats super neato that your working on a comic!

VeilDragoness

Greetings! I won't answer the general questions since they're already answered well but..

I just wanted to look for more ways to participate in furry fandom and talk to people in general and found this.

As for deciding my sona, i at first went for wolves, just my favorite animal.. but ended up going for more of a bird.. and since i like phoenix and i hardly see any- boom. Blue phoenix.
Nice to meet you! :) And the phoenix is a neat idea

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Hello! I'm actually nervous to be here, but generally hear that this community is welcoming. I have been "stalking" this website for a couple years now and have been thinking a lot about my OC and that I wanted to finally be brave enough to dip my toes in the water. It seems like a lot of fun! I've been diligently searching for an artist with a style I enjoy to help me create my first ref sheet and help me get to see my character outside of my head finally lol (still hunting!)

Some questions:
Do I have to be an artist to be a part of the main site?
Does buying an adopt give you full character rights? (been a little confused on that lately)
What originally brought YOU here?
What helped you decide what your fursona was? :D

-Veil
Question answers:
No... you don't need to be an artist. Just be Furry. That's bad enough.
Normally the adopt becomes yours fully unless the artist specifically puts up a list of restrictions.
My computer brought me here. I type stuff in and this site shows up. It's a MIRACLE! Actually, I love the interaction and since I'm not here physically, no one can bop my nose for makng all of these bad puns.
I'm a graymuzzle, so I wanted a fursona that was "a little long in the tooth". Actually, it fits me quite well. Although I am getting older, I am still pretty dang strong, which is a sabertooth trait.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Hey there!

I came here just to try some more interaction, and now can't get out! Don't mind though!

I'm a squirrel simply because I'm totally nuts!

Kidding, not totally, but I do love nuts of all kinds, and would love to be able to climb, jump, and glide as well as they do!

Also love fluffy tails, claws, and the squirrel scene in Sword in the Stone!

And just being cute!

And here's my list from another post!

I'm a squirrel because:

1. Love eating nuts!
2. Big fluffy huggable tail!
3. Claws for scratching!
4. Climbing the sides of trees would be nice to do!
5. Some of us can glide!
6. Bucktoothed and cute!
7. Love Conker and Bucky Squirrels, as well as the Redwall Squirrels!
8. The Squirrel scene in Sword in the Stone!

VeilDragoness

Hey there!

I came here just to try some more interaction, and now can't get out! Don't mind though!

I'm a squirrel simply because I'm totally nuts!

Kidding, not totally, but I do love nuts of all kinds, and would love to be able to climb, jump, and glide as well as they do!

Also love fluffy tails, claws, and the squirrel scene in Sword in the Stone!

And just being cute!

And here's my list from another post!

I'm a squirrel because:

1. Love eating nuts!
2. Big fluffy huggable tail!
3. Claws for scratching!
4. Climbing the sides of trees would be nice to do!
5. Some of us can glide!
6. Bucktoothed and cute!
7. Love Conker and Bucky Squirrels, as well as the Redwall Squirrels!
8. The Squirrel scene in Sword in the Stone!
Thats just adorable! Also I LOVED the Redwall series growing up. Such a good memory!