• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hi i'm maria mar...

maria-mar

... and i've just admited to myself that i am a furry, after reading an amazing statement by this old school animator named Scott Ruggels at ArtSpots. It seems so obvious now, but i'm still new to everything and i'd appreciate very much any help to figure this out... i feel like a phoenix or something.

Okies, most important thing, art. I live for it ^_^
Some can be seen on my FP but there's much more on my dA account.
I do feel like drawing my original characters in anthro form more often.

Hmmm random facts about myself...
- i'm from Portugal
- sushi, chocolate and coffe are <3
- i love books so much i sniff them
- i have four rats, Bowie being on my lap right now
- Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction is my favorite female character ever

Anything else you wanna ask, go ahead :)

*edit
I think the best way of introducing myself would be introducing my main OC/ fursona? ;)
So meet Silky.

Last edited:

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
Come vai, Maria-Mar? Bem-vindo aos fóruns! Eu gosto muito dos Collies da Fronteira. São bons cachorros.

RayO_ElGatubelo

Ahah, obrigada Ray ;)
Tenho de avisar que não sei uma palavra de espanhol!... Bem, talvez, perro! Eheh!

Isso não va te fazer muito bem... Eu sou gato, não perro. Bem, específicamente, uma onça preta.

Mais você se deu conta de que eu era boricua. Bom olho tem... Pelo menos falo português, bem, ainda com acento brasileiro.

RayO_ElGatubelo

Tenho de aprender a dizer onça então ;)

onca_preta.jpg

RayO_ElGatubelo

Sei o que é, aqui chama-se jaguar :D
Só não sei dizer em espanhol...

Se chama de "jaguar" em espanhol também. Pelo menos em América Latina.

Mais eu tambén tenho manchas blancas no peito e no fim do meu rabo.

maria-mar

Estou a ver :)
Um dos meus livros favoritos conta a história de um tigre criado por um jaguar.

On other note...
Lurching in the forum i read the word "hobby" associated with being furry too many times. I'm not "coming out of the closet" or something, just trying to join the community and feel happy about myself... But so i do feel like it's something that could be part of defining who i am... something more important than a puzzle or gardening. Definitly NOT just a hobby.

Last edited:

that1guy

On an epic crusade for the Holy Pear.
HAI THERE! Welcome to the forums! I'm kinda new myself, neat place, I think you'll like it. ^_^

From what I've seen of your art, I'm jelous! Looks pretty good. ^_^

...man I wish I could draw. >_<

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Hi there Maria-mar. Welcome to FAF and to the fandom.
Enjoy your time with us.

Even if the fandom is more than a hobby to you, just be cautious of telling people.
A lot might take it the wrong way.

I also agree your art is good and your avatar is adorable. :3

maria-mar

Thank you everyone ;)

Thanks for the advice Stargazer Bleu (i feel like i've seen you before... on dA of FA?).
But one thing you'll notice about me is that i'm always absolutely honest. It comes out as naivety sometimes, not just on the internet but also in real life, but i can't help it, it's just the way i am... The bad thing about it, jerks may be attracted by it. I've learned to deal with it. The good thing... good friends are also, and those stay a long time.

RayO_ElGatubelo

Thank you everyone ;)

Thanks for the advice Stargazer Bleu (i feel like i've seen you before... on dA of FA?).
But one thing you'll notice about me is that i'm always absolutely honest. It comes out as naivety sometimes, not just on the internet but also in real life, but i can't help it, it's just the way i am... The bad thing about it, jerks may be attracted by it. I've learned to deal with it. The good thing... good friends are also, and those stay a long time.

Eu gosto da honestidade. Eu sou sincero também... menos nas ocasiões que eu tenho que mentir. Os meus pais não gostam dos furries...

RayO_ElGatubelo

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Você gosta da sopa de couve com lingüiça?

;p if you were speaking in Chinese I might actually have a clue what you typed without having to google translate.

I used to have basic Spanish under my belt, but haven't really had a chance to use it in the last few years.

As for cabbage... I like mine stirfried spicy and my sausage in paella.

RayO_ElGatubelo

;p if you were speaking in Chinese I might actually have a clue what you typed without having to google translate.

I used to have basic Spanish under my belt, but haven't really had a chance to use it in the last few years.

As for cabbage... I like mine stirfried spicy and my sausage in paella.

I meant kale soup with sausage.

maria-mar

RayO, kale soup with sausage or "caldo verde" as we call it here is my grandma's speciality. Yummy!

Fenrari, i realize you are the home cook? :D
I like sushi. A lot!

RayO_ElGatubelo

RayO, kale soup with sausage or "caldo verde" as we call it here is my grandma's speciality. Yummy!

I like sushi. A lot!

Eu deveria conhecer sua avó então! Parece delicioso o caldo verde.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves

I like sushi. A lot!

:( I can't make sushi because of the kitchen and it's lack of utensils.

Think of just about anything else you could find in an asian restaurant and I should be able to magically make it.