• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

HK's noob guide to Den posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
As a general rule, can it be added that overuse of smilies, cute "sounds", and "cute spelling" of words is generally looked down upon? It's a pain in the ass when newbies PM me with questions and have *squee* or *yip yip* after the message with cutesy shit and =^w^= thrown in there one too many times.

Not to sound selfish, but it's also because a lot of newfags in the last month seemed dead set on using as many smilies as possible but are not willing to accept any flak they get for it.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I got the crazy idea of each of us sigging pieces of the OP with links back here, especially those of us with shorter sig blocks.

Edit: "-Moderators are not knights in shining armor to rescue you: The mod's job is to maintain the forum and keep the piece."
:s/piece/peace/

Subtle homonym spelling mistake.
Thank you for correcting my stupid typo. :V

Pretty much. 2nd one down in the same section.
Ah ha, thought I got it. I'm gunna keep the part I added though since it's more clear and to the point.
As a general rule, can it be added that overuse of smilies, cute "sounds", and "cute spelling" of words is generally looked down upon? It's a pain in the ass when newbies PM me with questions and have *squee* or *yip yip* after the message with cutesy shit and =^w^= thrown in there one too many times.

Not to sound selfish, but it's also because a lot of newfags in the last month seemed dead set on using as many smilies as possible but are not willing to accept any flak they get for it.
I think that falls under the "use proper spelling and grammar" part. I'll add a blurb in there about cutesy bullshit

Blutide

" Never Give Up "
You should have added "LURK MOAR" about twelve more times.
And what will this teach? Really nothing, and if they watch Deo post they will just become asshats. ( or course your taking the monkey see, monkey do on this when you suggest lurking )

-Do not use "I'm New!" as a crutch: Yeah we get it. You're new. Don't use this as an excuse. Learn and follow the rules here. Read them. Many times.
^^People don't read.

Mentova

And what will this teach? Really nothing, and if they watch Deo post they will just become asshats. ( or course your taking the monkey see, monkey do on this when you suggest lurking )

-Do not use "I'm New!" as a crutch: Yeah we get it. You're new. Don't use this as an excuse. Learn and follow the rules here. Read them. Many times.
^^People don't read.
Lurking will show them what kind of community we have here. So instead of hopping in thinking it's a standard furry community with RPing and cutesy crap they can see that it's a little more mature and doesn't take kindly to people being stupid.

footfoe

Beware of Molesters
Lurking will show them what kind of community we have here. So instead of hopping in thinking it's a standard furry community with RPing and cutesy crap they can see that it's a little more mature and doesn't take kindly to people being stupid.

what happened to you HK, you got.... lame.

i looked up to your epic trolling, i wanted to be just like you.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Unsilenced's Guide to Den Posting:

1. DON'T.

:v

fingerpaints

cupcake muncher
I am a noob, and seriously, coming from other online communities, this sort of thing is such a good starting point. I do understand when noobs post the same shit over & over it gets old, quickly, then you get more & we can see where im going here - in short, thanks this is a big help

Mentova

I am a noob, and seriously, coming from other online communities, this sort of thing is such a good starting point. I do understand when noobs post the same shit over & over it gets old, quickly, then you get more & we can see where im going here - in short, thanks this is a big help
No problem. Thanks for reading it.

Dreaming

I feel that I should bookmark this thread. Nice guide, the title should be in red so its easier to find though. :D

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Just so everyone understands, HK was kidding when he said the gay jokes weren't cool. He totally loves them.

My lack of a :V makes this post 100% serious.

Mentova

Just so everyone understands, HK was kidding when he said the gay jokes weren't cool. He totally loves them.

My lack of a :V makes this post 100% serious.
It's annoying when people who don't know me just start doing it to be cool.

And they're kinda old at this point since I'm bi now. :V

L

LizardKing

Oh here's a new one

":V" is not an license to post fucking stupid bullshit :V

Rhasp

Its always interesting to read this kind off posts on different forums since its clears out dos and donts on that forum, I think it should be mandatory for every forum to have such thread.

And I should definately keep a look out for :v since it might explain some off answers that made me lift my eyebrows on a few occasions here. *Note to self: dont take such answers to serious.*

And I rather prephere sticking with my own posting style rather than being a copycat, no matter how popular they are. Thanks again for this thread.

Gold

Well this is definitely helpful. I've been perusing through trying to learn the rules before I start posting too much (cause this place is different than other forums) and so this is a big help.

Ariosto

Guys, I think a should about necro'ing threads should be added. That is, seeing the recent outburst of necro's.

EDIT: Yes, it won't stop people, but it's never bad to state the full rules.

Gold

That's what I figured. I just wanted to be sure was all. Maybe add that to the list. It can't hurt right?

Status
Not open for further replies.