• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hola!

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
Hello everyone. I go by Umbra, and while I'm new to the forums, I'd like to think I've been lurking here long enough.
I've registered to FAF because too many times I've seen threads I'd like to add to, but don't have an account. I'd also like to try to be a little more social online. Lately I've been a bit of a hermit, it seems.

So, about me then. First off, I tend to post long comments, so apologies in advance. ^^;

I enjoy playing videogames, although I'm not as "into" them as most other people I know. At the moment my favorites are The Sims 3, music games like Guitar Hero, and the Metal Gear Solid series (although I haven't finished it yet).
I also like to make plush toys, costumes, and the occasional sculpture as well. I draw too, but I prefer "three dimensional" art over drawing.

I'd like to learn different languages, and I do understand a little bit of Spanish. However, I can't reallyspeak/write Spanish very well. I'm also trying to learn Japanese, and will hopefully move on to German, Italian, and other languages in the future (including Spanish).

My fursona is Umbra, some odd mix of an ocelot and a snake. So far she has the same personality as me, meaning... She's kind of boring. :\ I'm hoping to develop her character more, refine her markings, and someday perhaps make a costume of her once I get a job (still a full-time college student at the moment).

So, that's a bit about me, sorry if the post is rather long. I just wanted something a little more informative than just "hello". ^^;

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
So, welcome to the forums!
That was indeed a long post. You'll do well on the Rants & Raves subforum- they LOVE long posts.

So, a couple notes, :V implies sarcasm or a joke (I'm such a fag :V), read rules (save you needless and unwanted trollings).
Make new friends and such. Feel free to ask me questions!

Cairn

Hello and welcome! Ocelot and Snake is an interesting combination, but you made it work well in your avatar because it looks neat.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
So, welcome to the forums!
That was indeed a long post. You'll do well on the Rants & Raves subforum- they LOVE long posts.

So, a couple notes, :V implies sarcasm or a joke (I'm such a fag :V), read rules (save you needless and unwanted trollings).
Make new friends and such. Feel free to ask me questions!
Yes, long posts are a bad habit of mine. Hmm, Rants and Raves, huh? I'll be sure to check it out sometime! Thank you for the suggestion.

Hello and welcome! Ocelot and Snake is an interesting combination, but you made it work well in your avatar because it looks neat.
Oh, thank you! they're two of my favorite animals, and I couldn't decide on one or the other. ^^; Glad you like the results!

Interesting name.
Um... Thanks? Hehehe. It was from when I was a little younger, and was really into a certain videogame series/cartoon. I've since stopped playing the series, but I still liked the name, so it stuck with me.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Hello. Welcome to FAF. Man that's a really cool fursona, honestly. I don't usually like unnatural coloring, but you're part snake so it makes sense.

See you around.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
Cross: Hola, Cross. Mucho gusto. Your Spanish seems alright to me. ;)

benignBiotic: Thank you! Unfortunately both her animal species are actually naturally colored to begin with, she's just purple on a whim, I suppose. ^^; I actually didn't know there were purple snakes until I looked it up just now. Interesting!

I'm a bit surprised at her design sometimes. I always thought my fursona would be naturally colored, with some sort of fluffiness to her. Instead she turned out purple with only a short coat of fur. But now it's hard for me to imagine her any other way. Funny how things work out sometimes... Although eventually I'd like to draw her with a more natural coloration and see how that looks.

I like your fursona too! Sloths always seem so laid-back. I suppose it's possible for a sloth to have odd coloring as well, doesn't their fur get green sometimes?

Fox_720B

Has left FAF, at least for now
Welcome! First off, absolutely love your fursona, that's a fascinating combo and I think it came out quite well. And as you might be able to tell, I'm kind of fond of the unnatural color thing. ;)

I like the username as well, one of my friends also uses a ".exe" at the end of their username elsewhere, so kinda neat to see someone else do that. Plus Umbra itself is a cool name if you're interested in anything space related.

You sound very intelligent. Looking forward to more posts from you here. Enjoy the forums!