• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Honest John

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
I saw the new trailer for Disney's live action "Pinnochio" and I have a feeling the furry fandom is going to have a new obsession in Honest John, the fox.

Artboy1

Dream and live
Live action movies is getting very popular, huh. I thought Honest John already popular in the fandom. Do you have a trailer so everyone can watch it?

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Pinocchio was already already a big part of pop culture, so I don’t know if Honest John will gain that much more prominence. We already had him as an animated anthro fox for 82 years.
For Pinocchio as a whole, the donkey transformations on Pleasure Island seem to have been more influential in the furry fandom.

Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
I want to love him and pet him and- oh shit he stole my wallet

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
The cgi looks pretty good but the hands fall into uncanny valley territory for me.

Trevorbluesquirrel

The cgi looks pretty good but the hands fall into uncanny valley territory for me.
Well, hands are notoriously difficult 2 animate, hence why so many Disney characters wear gloves!

Both the CGI and the animated Honest John and Gideon wear gloves, only the animated versions have the 4 fingered hands!

Neither version appears 2 have claws, unlike Robin Hood, that Foxy Outlaw!

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Well, hands are notoriously difficult 2 animate, hence why so many Disney characters wear gloves!

Both the CGI and the animated Honest John and Gideon wear gloves, only the animated versions have the 4 fingered hands!

Neither version appears 2 have claws, unlike Robin Hood, that Foxy Outlaw!
Part of the issue, I think, is that the more cartoonish a character is, the less distinction there is on the sliding scale of anthropomorphism, so it's easier to draw a character without making them look weird.
In a more realistic style like we see in the new Pinocchio, the mismatch of human and animal traits stands out more.
Though I noticed that they stuck with four-fingered paw hands with Gideon, and it didn't seem as uncanny.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Part of the issue, I think, is that the more cartoonish a character is, the less distinction there is on the sliding scale of anthropomorphism, so it's easier to draw a character without making them look weird.
In a more realistic style like we see in the new Pinocchio, the mismatch of human and animal traits stands out more.
Though I noticed that they stuck with four-fingered paw hands with Gideon, and it didn't seem as uncanny.
Honestly though, with a 6 Ft. tall Con Man Fox and a shorter silent cat running around your German Town from an Italian Story............................

Their'd be bigger questions than ''Why do U have human hands, Mr. John Fox!? ; )

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
He's cool. Too bad the movie itself is a dumpster fire.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
We need a CGI Robinhood remake. David Spade as Robin Hood, Samuel L. Jackson as Little John, Wallace Shawn as Friar Tuck
No

more

live-action

remakes

please.

Turbid_Cyno

Not So New Member
Not a fan of "live-action CGI" myself. I was talking more a standard Pixar CGI. Want something less realistic than Honest John, but with a bit more fidelity than Zootopia.