• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

HOONING

Do you hoon(v)?

• Total voters

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
Whether it be ripping hekktik skidz in a car, popping wheelies on a motorbike, or jumping stairs on a bike, do you hoon? (Also parkour/freerunning may be applicable)

I do, admittedly, on occasion. It's hell on your car and your tires, but sometimes you simply can't resist mashing the throttle and fishtailing around a corner when there's nobody else on the road.
>that feel when perfect countersteer
>that sound of screaming engine/turbo
>that smell of burning rubber

>inb4 I wrap myself around a tree

Last edited:

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Whatever happened to just driving the car, and just playing music really loud?

And what is hooning? The spinning out on your tires?

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
man i hoon all the time and stuff in my car,

even hoon around in my wheel chair

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Last winter, icy roads, past midnight, nobody around?

1337handbr4ke turn ALL the hairpins

Criminal Scum

Can't stop.
If parkour/freerunning count, I 1337 haxed over a fallen tree and gangster pwned my target in airsoft.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
Wait are you the person that keeps screeching their tires and doing circles in the parking lot by my house at 2 in the goddamn morning

quit it

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
Wait are you the person that keeps screeching their tires and doing circles in the parking lot by my house at 2 in the goddamn morning

quit it

Dirt lots? Hell yeah.

Paved lots? Hell no. I'm not rich enough to go through a whole set of tires in 5 minutes.

Kangamutt

You haven't been to Los Angeles.

You haven't been to Italy.

Edit: Namely, Rome. They make us Angelenos look like amateurs by comparison.

Last edited:

gokorahn

Fluffiness level: 9002
Hoon is a strange word...

Anyways, most i have done as a 17 year old with only a permit was spin my dad's Corvette tires

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I do, admittedly, on occasion. It's hell on your car and your tires, but sometimes you simply can't resist mashing the throttle and fishtailing around a corner when there's nobody else on the road.

Only time I've ever fishtailed is unexpectedly, on slick roads. Opposite lock, nail it back in the lane, continue on my way. Pure reflex. Though I do like flinging my Toyota Echo around the curves. I just don't allow skids when I "hoon", though I do sometimes do a nice little four-wheel drift. Don't care to swap ends. Or to mess my tires by burning rubber. Even when I had a V8 Mustang (1969 vintage). Remember, skill, not brute force. Control, not out of control.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
I dont "hoon" because I dont have a car and I will never drive a car.

Plus I consider people douchebags when the screech their tires like that just to show off their car. Especially people with motorcycles. -.-' But hey its just my opinion and if it makes people happy doing that to their tires and cars them let them.

Kangamutt

I bet they don't have rice rockets :V

No, but they all sure think they're Mario fucking Andretti. Driving into oncoming lanes to skirt traffic overtaking one another at every chance, and if you're in the heart of Rome crossing at a non-signal controlled crosswalk, they'll just drive right around you. Unless there's a nun crossing. They'll stop for a goddamn nun. Also, if you tell an Italian cabbie to step on it, you're in for a ride.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
No, but they all sure think they're Mario fucking Andretti. Driving into oncoming lanes to skirt traffic overtaking one another at every chance, and if you're in the heart of Rome crossing at a non-signal controlled crosswalk, they'll just drive right around you. Unless there's a nun crossing. They'll stop for a goddamn nun. Also, if you tell an Italian cabbie to step on it, you're in for a ride.

Rome sounds like a terrible place to be a pedestrian in.

Kangamutt

Rome sounds like a terrible place to be a pedestrian in.

Oddly enough, Roman pedestrians give about as much of a fuck about the cars around them as much as the drivers do about the pedestrians. They'll just cross.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Oddly enough, Roman pedestrians give about as much of a fuck about the cars around them as much as the drivers do about the pedestrians. They'll just cross.

Sounds pretty ballsy of them, then again they must be used to such driving behavior.

Although not to self if I ever go to Rome, use Public Transportation.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
You haven't been to Italy.

Edit: Namely, Rome. They make us Angelenos look like amateurs by comparison.
India reputedly has some of the most insane drivers on the planet.

And seriously? Every idiotic display of reckless travel shares a name now?

Last edited: