• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hopped on the Zelda Train Very Late

OddOcculitist

Hail Satin!!!
As a little boy, I owned an N64 and GameCube. I had to say I did enjoy playing video games then, but I don't think it compares as much I do now. The games I remember playing as a kid were Pokemon Snap for the N64 and Smash Bros Melee on GameCube. Never have I played any Zelda games that came out on those consoles. Heck, I don't even think I knew what the Zelda series was until I was a bit older.
Years later, as it nears Halloween, my roommate suggests he introduce me to Majora's Mask. At that time I had played a little bit of Ocarina on my 3DS. I had soon given up at the Forest Temple because I didn't expect Zelda to be so puzzle heavy. I knew of the infamous side quest and the whole -3 DAYS REMAIN- thing. It was a bit nervous,because I heard it had a lot of back tracking, but he was by my side helping me through it. I'm happy to say Majora was the first Zelda game I ever beat.
Now I may making my way through Twilight Princess. I was told I would like the story of this one the most. During the summer, we plan to sail through Wind Waker.
I have to say I glad I finally got to it. I really enjoy what I'm playing and the complex storylines that tend to go along with it.
Have you always been a Zelda fan or also got on a band wagon later on? What was your earliest gaming memories?

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Better late than never. Glad you were able to beat MM. I played it on N64 back when it was newer and beat it the day after my father passed away. So, it holds a weird place in my heart. I haven't been able to beat it again on the 3DS version because the controls feel wonky. The OoT port was fantastic, though. My first Zelda was Link's Awakening on the old game boy, but I was young and had no idea what I was doing at the time so I never beat it. Then, many years later (in college), my roommate was joyous that I had brought my N64 because her mother wouldn't let her bring hers, and she introduced me to OoT. :)

My earliest gaming memories are of my old gray brick game boy. (Still have it. Still works.) I got it in the summer of 1990 for my birthday, just before my 4th grade year. I remember barely being able to wait to go home after school and play Tetris on my game boy. I eventually had other games for the game boy, but Tetris was my love. I was still using that same old gray brick eight years later when I played my first Pokemon game. I can remember going out to my car during my dinner break at work and playing Pokemon by the interior light of the car. It got me through some rough emotional times--they often do, and that's why I will internet knife fight anyone who says video games have no value.

The end.

TheKC

Fuzzy drawing dragon!
It's odd with me. I didn't play Zelda games till later but I have always loved Link even before I played the games. XD;
I did play Link To The Past on my gameboy but that was about it. I didn't have the counsel to play the other games.
I've played more now. I never beat Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time. I've beat Twilight Princess and ... Still playing Skyward Sword. lol I'm not suck in it, Just haven't finished it.

OddOcculitist

Hail Satin!!!
It's odd with me. I didn't play Zelda games till later but I have always loved Link even before I played the games. XD;
I did play Link To The Past on my gameboy but that was about it. I didn't have the counsel to play the other games.
I've played more now. I never beat Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time. I've beat Twilight Princess and ... Still playing Skyward Sword. lol I'm not suck in it, Just haven't finished it.
I just watched my roommate beat Ocarina. I didn't have the sense of patience to get through it. I would like to play Skyward, but I don't think our wii works any more.

Sarn Darkholm

Amiibo Hunter
My first Zelda game was the first, and I have played almost every one of them, but only beaten a few. I have yet to play the CDi versions (I like to punish myself sometimes). I own all the main series games tho. The only ones I have ever beaten are: Original, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword. I am currently playing Twilight Princess HD on my Wii U.