• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Horrible Gear and Items in Games

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Games can have a generous amount of useful and powerful weapons and items to use as you play, however, there are some that have dumb, impractical, or otherwise bad in design traits that leave us disappointed and angry.

Let's archive all the junk in games that are unusable or leave a sour taste in our mouths.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
How horrible are we talking?

Are we talking horrible as in the status of the Klobbe, either in Goldeneye or Enter the Gungeon?

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
The grenade launcher in COD Black Ops is garbage. It was better in previous games. The damage radius is like two feet now.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Anything Cursed. Items that give stat penalties and cant be put down after its been equipt is scary.

Ratt Carry

Clank Zapper in Ratchet and Clank. A MILLION fucking bolts. Does nothing.

I dropped that piece of garbage the moment after I fired it the first time.

It's atrocious not only for it's screaming effect but also the movement penalty.
So fun fact is that the Bane is actually legitimately powerful. It's not at all the Bitch or SandHawk, but it can actually kill Terramorphus (not that Terra is hard, but still a raid is a raid). A truly TRULY awful weapon in this game aside from etech assault rifles is the BearCat. All grenade launchers (and assault rifles barring the Ogre on Krieg) are trash, but the BearCat is unspeakably worthless for a Pearlescent.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Clank Zapper in Ratchet and Clank. A MILLION fucking bolts. Does nothing.

So fun fact is that the Bane is actually legitimately powerful. It's not at all the Bitch or SandHawk, but it can actually kill Terramorphus (not that Terra is hard, but still a raid is a raid). A truly TRULY awful weapon in this game aside from etech assault rifles is the BearCat. All grenade launchers (and assault rifles barring the Ogre on Krieg) are trash, but the BearCat is unspeakably worthless for a Pearlescent.
That I can agree too, the bear cat is terrible. Still, I can easily down raids with a double unkempt Harold and other gear builds that don’t slow my movement or rape my ears haha.

Not saying you are wrong. I might try facing a raid with a Bane. I have a Siren currently starting on playthrough 2

Last edited:
Some NES stuff...
The torch from Ghosts 'N Goblins was a particularly awful weapon (get the knife).
The flame thrower in Contra was also pretty bad.
I think Metal Gear had a pack of cigarettes as an item. I don't remember if it actually did anything.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Older game but.
The knife in Delta Force 3, there is literally no situation you can use it in, since you can take a silenced pistol there is no tactical benefit to using it.
There are 5 characters to play as, 4 are redundant.
First character is an explosives expert, useful, reasonable handy with assault rifles and sniper rifles Jake of all trades.
2nd heavy machine gunner, nope running into a situation and blazing away with a SAW is a one way ticket to the cemetery.
3rd sniper, useful on one mission, but the first character is also good if you practice.
4th CQC character, see my comment about the knife.
5th aquatics and medic, no water levels (so the aqualung is also useless) and you can't heal....so...why?

And underwater guns!
No water levels, and on the rare occasions when an enemy is under some surface water you can shoot them with a conventional gun, or throw a grenade.

Snowcloud33

Many snipers rifles. Hitman is a serious one but many games like Hitman for instance have that 1 sniper that beats every other rifle. so you have like 13 different guns to choose from but there’s only 1 that has the best range, damage, speed, ect and everyone uses that one sniper rifle and that’s it. Sometimes warzone but they make changes often, sniper elite v2, mass effect, battlefront. But maybe I’m wrong and I’m just a casual.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Many snipers rifles. Hitman is a serious one but many games like Hitman for instance have that 1 sniper that beats every other rifle. so you have like 13 different guns to choose from but there’s only 1 that has the best range, damage, speed, ect and everyone uses that one sniper rifle and that’s it. Sometimes warzone but they make changes often, sniper elite v2, mass effect, battlefront. But maybe I’m wrong and I’m just a casual.
I forget it's name but the fuckin Geth sniper from ME3 is just, so good

ben909

vaporeon
do we could weapons that likely were included as jokes

there is a single shot musket in one shooter game, and a massive but outdated cannon in my favorite ship game

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently
The boots of blinding speed in Morrowind are a classic, they give you 100pts of speed but also turn your screen dark
Protip: magicka resistance diminishes the blinding effect

Bretons and Orcs both have innate magicka resistance and both tend to have middling-poor starting speed scores

Anyway, the Loadstone in NetHack. It's cursed, but it's not something you have to equip to get cursed by. Oh no. You put it in your pack? Guess what, curse activated, and you can't drop it. You can dip it in holy water to uncurse it and drop it, and then it automatically becomes cursed again when dropped. How do you avoid picking this thing up in the first place? Kick any gray stones you're thinking about picking up. Did it fly across the floor? Luckstone. Did you stub your toe and take damage? Loadstone.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Don't forget the infamous Kolibri pistol...

Screenshot_20210808-132502_Google.jpg