• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Horror and monster fans please stand up.

I like the idea of a good horror movie but I'm usually disappointed.
Jump scares are cheap. Gore never looks realistic and I'm not really that squeamish. Demons aren't scary when they spend half the movie flicking the lights on and off and moving your furniture around. Gross out movies are gross but not scary. Psychopathic serial killers aren't really scary even with a supernatural twist. And monsters like zombies and vampires are just cliche now.

I thought the original Blair Witch Project was scary because of the overwhelming sense of dread whenever it turned to nighttime. I think it plays on my anxiety of being lost, too.

Alien was a favorite because of the xenomorph design; it only gets a few minutes of screentime and you never really get a good look at it. Even the deaths leave a lot to the imagination.

The Dark Crystal movie (and the miniseries on Netflix) isn't even horror but the Skeksis are still so disturbing and skin-crawl inducing. And they're friggin' muppets!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
That looks amazing! Honestly you're going to need to send me a list of these sorts of movies to binge.
I'm afraid I don't have a lot more.
Most of the other ones I've seen tend to be banned in some countries due to their gore (Dead Alive was one of them)
Then there's stuff like Cannibal Holocaust, Human Centipede, etc.

Fun fact, the directors of Cannibal Holocaust were put to court to prove they didn't murder anyone because the effects were so real.
However, the turtle scene is, sadly, real.

C

CrookedCroc

I love monsters with bizarre shapes and lots of eyes or big mouths.
a13c30c4700c2ecbc72b04692b864a4b.jpg

Manic_Depression.jpg

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yeah, the first one is from Bloodborne. The game starts with Bram Stoker vibes but as the plot progresses things get out of hand and goes full Shadows over innsmouth X Dunwich horror
View attachment 71777
View attachment 71778

I love the art so much, I even bought the collectors artbook
I've played it a bit but never got to finish it.
Ex took their PS4 before I could finish it :p

My bf has it but I don't wanna start completely over but meh.
Guess I should get on it sometime.

C

CrookedCroc

I've played it a bit but never got to finish it.
Ex took their PS4 before I could finish it :p

My bf has it but I don't wanna start completely over but meh.
Guess I should get on it sometime.
Hope you get to play it some other time, pretty good game and even though it came some time ago ppl are still finding cool unused content and super rare enemies in a randomly generated dungeon

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Hope you get to play it some other time, pretty good game and even though it came some time ago ppl are still finding cool unused content and super rare enemies in a randomly generated dungeon
Yeah I've seen a few of those.
I still follow stuff about it here or there, but not so much to spoil the story.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I'm very specific about this. Most horror works don't exactly appeal to me - but I like dark fantasy a lot, and I'm absolutely crazy about the "Lovecraftian" climates!

For this reason it vexes me greatly that Bloodborne is only available on PS4. It's a game that I probably would never have enough of (just like ol' good Blood which I finished about 10 times) - but I'm not gonna buy a console, quite pricey where I live, just for one title...

A

Axel_is_Crafty

I really like horror movies,and scifi as well.Monster and alien related movies are my favourite. I've seen all the Alien movies and I have them all on DVD. They're awesome :D