• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Horror Games

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
Anybody wanna discuss or just share some of their favorite horror vidya?
All horror games are allowed, if you want to talk indie, or otherwise.
Dont worry, I wont make fun of ya for liking FNAF.
Siren_art_box.jpg

Just started playing Forbidden Siren on PS2
Survival horror about several people who get stuck in a town during something awful that makes all the villagers insane and murderous as well as immortal. Player has the ability to "sight-jack" NPCs in order to telepathically see around the levels they get put in.

Claribelle

Avocado Expert
I played maybe half of that game years ago back in college, never managed to get into it due to being frustrated with the controls ( a classic with PS2 era horror games isn't it? ) I know it's well liked among horror fans, I really should give it a try again. How do you like it so far?

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
I played maybe half of that game years ago back in college, never managed to get into it due to being frustrated with the controls ( a classic with PS2 era horror games isn't it? ) I know it's well liked among horror fans, I really should give it a try again. How do you like it so far?
It's very difficult to the point of frustrating, I won't lie that sight-jacking really does take a long bloody time to get the hang of. I'm enjoying it more and more as I'm progressing over the learning hump lol. I'm liking it! Really bloody interesting. ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Amnesia was always my favorite when I did more horror. I had to stop, because that (and other horrors) stirred up my paranoia and anxiety to levels I had to tell myself was unhealthy.

Amnesia though was the king of creeping me out as I was playing, not as I was trying to sleep.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Ah.. the forbidden siren, the game that almost got banned in japan :V
Good stuff

The horror game that got me hooked was "Fatal Frame" and "Silent Hill"

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I haven't played many horror games, but I personally really like Mario: The Music Box(which is a fan game) and Doki Doki Literaure Club. The latter has such interesting characters and an interesting concept.

I

Infrarednexus

Dead Space. I have never been so scared before in my whole life. Even when your armed with deadly power tools you still feel helpless. The atmosphere is tense, the jumpscares are not too common, and the music is perfect. I recommend the first one above the second or third in the series in terms of sheer terror.

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
This game:

765127d8dd9293d0e94e7095e731de37a859097d.jpg

It consistently fills me with an intense feeling a dread while playing.

Holy hell this is a deceptively scary game. I love it!

I havent played this yet but damn undersea horrors really psyche me the bloody hell out. Somethin' about an inexhaustible expanse of impossible to fathom monsters terrifies me.

Ah.. the forbidden siren, the game that almost got banned in japan :V
Good stuff

The horror game that got me hooked was "Fatal Frame" and "Silent Hill"

Oh wow I didn't hear about it almost getting banned over there.
(Also this is my favourite silent hill, 1-4 are all fantastic)
Silent_Hill_4_The_Room_-_North-american_cover.jpg

real time strategist

"What's an airport, again?"
how to annoy the fuck out of people trying to sleep

1. load up Silent Hill 3
2. go to a monster infested area
3. open up the map so that all of the screams (and screeches) loop constantly
4. have fun

On a serious note though the only horror games I have played were resident evil 2, resident evil the gamecube remake, and silent hill 2 and 3, and I have to say Silent Hill 2 and 3 are my favorite of those, 3 I feel has better gameplay since it generally doesn't keep using the same monster over and over again and varies it up, so you don't get used to the monsters and expect things to happen, while 2 has a better story in my opinion, because the characters tend to more interesting and you don't get as much stupid shit like heather not being able to fucking get a key under some crate even though it's right at the fucking edge, so I'm split between whether I like 3 or 2 more.

EbonyShadowCat

A fluffy fox gamer
I'm not a huge fan of horror games since i'm very easily startled, especially when it comes to jumpscares (I can't even play FNAF because of the sound the animatronics make in the first game... eugh.. e.e plus im not too keen on jumpscares and loud noises.), but i did try Bendy and the Ink Machine about a month ago and i actually liked it. It was a pretty good scare. I've only played chapter one so far but i plan on playing the rest.
I also want to play Subnautica (mainly because my brother has been pressuring me to get it haha), it looks like a fun game. (although i'll probably take a million years to go near the Aurora.... some players may know why lol)
I also want to try SCP containment breach, it seems like a fun game.
Also could some levels/bosses from games made by/published by Nintendo count as horror? Like, seriously they slip a bunch of scary things in their game (Zero/Zero Two, Drawcia, etc from the kirby franchise, but wait there's more! I have no idea how many legend of zelda enemies are terrifying as heck... there's also an entire level in super paper mario that would fit in a horror game... actually i take that back the whole game could be classified as a horror game at this point.)
Thats all i really gotta say for now. I think horror games are fun when there's an interesting story attached. I'm a sucker for stories with a dark tone :p

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I have never played a horror game. I get spooked when anything in a game quickly moves in my general direction.

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
I can honestly say though everything after SilentHill4 is pretty hot garbage.
I like Origins for what it was seeing as it still has that silent hill tone, even if Travis isn't as interestin' as the other protags.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
I can honestly say though everything after SilentHill4 is pretty hot garbage.
I like Origins for what it was seeing as it still has that silent hill tone, even if Travis isn't as interestin' as the other protags.
Shattered memory on PSP is interesting though. First ever SH game with no weapon

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
Shattered memory on PSP is interesting though. First ever SH game with no weapon
Dammit you're right. Shattered Memories was fun too. I really liked all the alternate endings and how they expounded upon Cheryl after the events of SH. I always thought it to be an sequel to SH3 in a sense. I was mostly referring to Downpour and Homecoming. Completely forgot about SM.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm a huge fan of the horror genre, but I don't enjoy most horror games I play, ironically enough.

My favorite has to be either Clive Barker's Undying or Doom 64. Both are FPS games that relied on atmosphere to scare you and even now, they're still unsettling to me.

S

Scales42

Dementium II on the Nintendo DS :D

Jk, but I was quite surprised when I found out that there were horror games on the console