• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Horror Movies!

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Also it should be noted Duane Jones was the first black actor in history to play as a hero in an American horror film.

Unfortunately he died do to heart problems at the age of 51, but his influence inspired the directors and writers of the modern show "The Walking Dead"
View attachment 95370
He’s such a goddamn cool protagonist too!

kittyfuzz

I just watched a pretty interesting one last night - Bad Taste
It's Peter Jackson's first directed film (yes, that's him in the trailer. He plays multiple characters.). It is a horror, comedy, science fiction from 1987. Excellent practical effects with the effects done by Jackson himself I believe.

Gravey D. Train

Existential Husky
I'm not huge on horror because I feel like most of them are filled with cheap scares, but a good psychological horror is pleasant. I recently watched a film called Possum and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's about a failed puppeteer who returns to his childhood home and recons with his past abuse. Here's the trailer:

kittyfuzz

I'm not huge on horror because I feel like most of them are filled with cheap scares, but a good psychological horror is pleasant. I recently watched a film called Possum and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's about a failed puppeteer who returns to his childhood home and recons with his past abuse. Here's the trailer:
I watched this fairly recently as well and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! That puppet creeps me out.

zandelux

It's Peter Jackson's first directed film (yes, that's him in the trailer. He plays multiple characters.). It is a horror, comedy, science fiction from 1987. Excellent practical effects with the effects done by Jackson himself I believe.
Oh my god, I need to watch this.

AceQuorthon

I've been meaning to watch an early Peter Jackson film one day soon, maybe this one will be it!

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I don't have a favourite horror movie as such, since I'm not all that big on watching films in general, though I will say I love films that don't just rely on jumpscares and have more of an emphasis on atmosphere. It also helps if there are monsters or supernatural elements (which are really goddamn common in horror movies, so I don't know why I haven't watched more of them).

Polaris

Random Posting Sheepo
I pretty much have a thing for old school horror movies personally. Movies such as Hellraiser, Event Horizon, George A. Romero zombie flicks, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Evil Dead and Alien 1 & 2 are some of my favourite horror movies that comes up on my mind.

AceQuorthon

Reviving this thread! Sorry for not maintaining it, been having it kinda rough lately :/

Anyway, I saw Bone Tomahawk a few days ago and it was really good! It’s a horror western which is a fun combo since those two happen to be my favorite genres. It’s about the sheriff of a town (played by Kurt Russell) going out with a small party to rescue a group of locals who got kidnapped by a cannibalistic native american tribe. It’s got a lot of Cannibal Holocaust vibes to it towards the end but it’s so damn good, highly recommend it!

Benji Digipawz

Blair Witch Project (the original one from 2000) is my favorite horror movie. Found Footage Horror movies are a favorite of mine. The Purge Movie series is also good as well. Paranormal Activity series is also another horror movie series I like.

AceQuorthon

Blair Witch Project (the original one from 2000) is my favorite horror movie. Found Footage Horror movies are a favorite of mine. The Purge Movie series is also good as well. Paranormal Activity series is also another horror movie series I like.
Never seen Blair Witch Project or any found footage movies really, but it’s definitely on my todo list!

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I recently subscribed to Shudder and it has a decent selection, but most seem to be campy horror flicks. There is a neat series called Cursed Films that covers the tragedies surrounding The Exorcist, The Omen, Poltergeist, The Crow, and The Twilight Zone movie. Check it out if you guys can. Some of the episodes do go off on a tangent, and The Twilight Zone segment about the helicopter accident is a bit hard to watch.

Reviving this thread! Sorry for not maintaining it, been having it kinda rough lately :/

Anyway, I saw Bone Tomahawk a few days ago and it was really good! It’s a horror western which is a fun combo since those two happen to be my favorite genres. It’s about the sheriff of a town (played by Kurt Russell) going out with a small party to rescue a group of locals who got kidnapped by a cannibalistic native american tribe. It’s got a lot of Cannibal Holocaust vibes to it towards the end but it’s so damn good, highly recommend it!

I watched that film a few years ago not knowing what to expect. It's definitely worth watching as a film alone, though the horror aspect may turn some people away since it comes out of nowhere and hits hard. I also recommend this movie!

AceQuorthon

I recently subscribed to Shudder and it has a decent selection, but most seem to be campy horror flicks. There is a neat series called Cursed Films that covers the tragedies surrounding The Exorcist, The Omen, Poltergeist, The Crow, and The Twilight Zone movie. Check it out if you guys can. Some of the episodes do go off on a tangent, and The Twilight Zone segment about the helicopter accident is a bit hard to watch.

I watched that film a few years ago not knowing what to expect. It's definitely worth watching as a film alone, though the horror aspect may turn some people away since it comes out of nowhere and hits hard. I also recommend this movie!
God I wish I had access to Shudder, come to Sweden already!!!!

D

Deleted member 82554

Best horrors are comedic parodies of the original.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I have a deep love for psychological horror. Namely the original version of, "Let the right one in" has always been at the top of my "horror" list purely for how good the pacing and camera-work are in the film. I'm also a fan of films that aim to make you leave the theatre with uncomfortable settings, situations, characters, and scenes. If I don't feel like a terrible person, or grow to hate a particular antagonist, due to the pure vile actions happening on screen...it's probably not a movie I'll consider very horrifying. The general ghosts and ghouls just don't do it for me normally (*even though my favorite is a technically under that label).

Let_the_Right_One_In_(Swedish).jpg

AceQuorthon

I have a deep love for psychological horror. Namely the original version of, "Let the right one in" has always been at the top of my "horror" list purely for how good the pacing and camera-work are in the film. I'm also a fan of films that aim to make you leave the theatre with uncomfortable settings, situations, characters, and scenes. If I don't feel like a terrible person, or grow to hate a particular antagonist, due to the pure vile actions happening on screen...it's probably not a movie I'll consider very horrifying. The general ghosts and ghouls just don't do it for me normally (*even though my favorite is a technically under that label).

View attachment 99507
“Låt Den Rätte Komma In” is absolutely legendary, so damn good in every way! Although I do find it kinda comical unintentionally, the movie takes place in early 80s Sweden so by default a lot of the clothes and characters reminds me of the pictures of my dad when he was young and in his blunder years xD

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
“Låt Den Rätte Komma In” is absolutely legendary, so damn good in every way! Although I do find it kinda comical unintentionally, the movie takes place in early 80s Sweden so by default a lot of the clothes and characters reminds me of the pictures of my dad when he was young and in his blunder years xD

Yeah ~
But in a way, it makes the creepy scenes creepier to me, while at the same time giving a tad bit of light to an otherwise disturbing film. So I'll take the trade!

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
The Machinist: not true horror, more of a psychological thriller. But like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, if you let your imagination run wild it will show you some of the scariest things imaginable. It blurs the line between reality and nightmares.
I absolutely adore The Machinist. The bodily transformation that Christian Bale went through for that role is horrifying in itself (the character he plays is virtually anorexic.) The use of the theremin in the soundtrack and the sepia wash gives it a dreamlike quality. Actually, far from being a horror movie, I find it oddly soothing, ha. Plus the conclusion to the story and end to the riddle makes sense and is narratively satisfying.

kittyfuzz

Speaking of psychological horror, I watched this movie sometime ago - A Cure to Wellness. It is a bizarre movie. It actually stars the Captain of Star Trek Discovery in the first season (I loved the actor and loved him in this as well). It takes place in a sanitorium where people go to get revitalized from the poisons of society. Hope you like eels!

Alrazvick

Not normal by any stretch of the imagination.
The Thing and Alien are also favorites of mine but there is another one that’s on the top of my list and that’s a movie called Slither. What makes it stand out from other horror movies is that it mixes horror, sci fi, gore and comedy perfectly. It has good characters that are memorable and great effects. I highly recommend it and I’m also looking to find friends who also like the same kind of movies as myself.

Kailirian

I'm far from being an expert in horror but some of the movies I enjoyed the most are:
The first two alien movies
The thing
Sinister
The strangers (only the first one, the sequel was okay but nowhere near the original)
It follows
Get out
A tale of two sisters
The eye (the original, the remake was lame)
REC (also the original)
Train to Busan
28 days later
Triangle
Haute Tension

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some, but those are the most memorable

D

Deleted member 82554

Horror movie?

I am a horror movie!

Psycho Goreman is a new one on my list.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Is Attack of the 50ft Woman a horror movie if you find it hot? (JK)

I don't think Scream is scary, I am really in horror of what it would take a human to take the life of another human.