• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hostess Bankruptcy!

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
I dont eat their products much anymore, there's nothing healthy about them at all. But they're snacks...nuthing healthy about snacks. They are delicious though. I'll miss em. But my health wont.

Zenia

for eveyr one who loves them twinkies
I have never eaten a Twinkie.

In fact... I can't think of anything made by Hostess (or... at least nothing that I know of, as there could be something but I am not good with knowing what company makes what) that I have tried, except for Hostess Salt n Vinegar chips... which vanished YEARS ago.

kylr23

Lest see Hostess/International Baking corperation makes all the hostess products, J.J nesson? breads, wonder Bread and one other one I cant put a name on. But yeah I worked there in the bread area. Ill be honest this is my first pernament job I could find in Maine...6 years to find this and poof it has a high possibility of going in smokes.

Ricky

It sucks to see this happen to a company

Not really. Companies come and go.

Shit has to evolve and if a business isn't keeping up with the modern age then it will fail.

Well, unless you are a bank or a huge car manufacturer or something.

Then I guess you are exempt :roll:

Also, for you people complaining about dingdongs and zingers...

Trust me, you are better off this way.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Not really. Companies come and go.

Shit has to evolve and if a business isn't keeping up with the modern age then it will fail.
I agree, but if this company goes under then there will be many a worker out of a job, the OP for example.

But it would have been nice if Hostess went, "our food is fucking terrible for you. We should fix that" instead of not doing that. I do like some of their snacks, but at the end of the day, I don't have the calorie budget for them.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I agree, but if this company goes under then there will be many a worker out of a job, the OP for example.

But it would have been nice if Hostess went, "our food is fucking terrible for you. We should fix that" instead of not doing that. I do like some of their snacks, but at the end of the day, I don't have the calorie budget for them.
Oh c'mon
A twinkie or two won't grow you moobs
unlees you deep fry them like LOL AMERICA

Gr8fulFox

Jesus Christ, first Tastykake and now Hostess? At least Tastykake was bought out (my lemon pies are saved!), I wonder what'll happen to Hostess...

kylr23

Jesus Christ, first Tastykake and now Hostess? At least Tastykake was bought out (my lemon pies are saved!), I wonder what'll happen to Hostess...

if the employees vote no, oh by the ways two of the biggest unions are apart of this company so I think you may or may not know what may be going on. Regardless if eveyr one votes no the company will outsource it stuff and sell it off to the highest bidder, piece by piece. The twinkie wont be made here heck all them factory's will be closed and possibly never reopened.

I think Hosstess may or may not make this certain kind of honey bun I really like.

I hope they don't. Those honey buns are my second worst addiction.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
>deep-fried butter

how is that even physically possible

Same way you have fried ice cream.

Make it mad cold, flash fry then deep fry. The first coating acts similarly to the lining of a cooler, keeping the cold in and the heat out.

To make fried spinach without it wilting you have to dip it in liquid nitrogen first before battering up and frying it.

SCIENCE!

Piroshki

I'm with Conker, I haven't really eaten anything from Hostess in a while, just because it's so unhealthy. I got cinnamon rolls there once, and they were so processed I felt like I was eating flavored rubber. Still enjoyed them, but I would rather have been eating cinnamon rolls from Cub or something.

Not to mention you hardly have to buy anything from them anyway since they throw everything out like a week before its expiration date. That's a good policy for health reasons, but bad for their business, 'cause if you just figure out when their trash gets picked up, you can go dumpster diving and get whatever you need, and it'll still be good for a week. I did that once, and I don't think I ate most of it because just looking at it made me feel unhealthy.

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Oh c'mon
A twinkie or two won't grow you moobs
unlees you deep fry them like LOL AMERICA
Gotta budget my calorie intake around more important things, like alcohol :p There can only be room for one shitty thing!

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
I heard from my cousin that Smucker's is interested in buying Hostess. He works for Smucker's.