• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

how big a part of your life is being furry?

Arden

furry in my life so far has = Friends. so pretty much a big part Since my standards are always friends and family first :p

It doesn't really impact my life at all. I am the same person now that I am furry as when I wasn't furry. Though I associate that with not meeting that many furs or even going to a con yet. Though, I think even though I went to the cons, It wouldn't affect my life drasticly. I will find out certain aspects of myself I probably didn't know before, but my world won't end. I know I wouldn't lose my possible job due to it, cause what I do on my own time is really no-one's business. I wouldn't lose the family that are left after a major issue I had in my life. I still like the same music I did before I had scales. So no, I don't think it affects my life.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Well in my spare time I draw furries, write furry stuff and browse the furry forums. I also have a fursuit although I don't wear it often. Wear my tail to youth club on Friday nights though. So a large part of my time but it doesn't really rule over it lol.

Kolvix

Hmmm I'm pretty shy about myself when I'm out running around so it's not a big part of my life right now

grayfur22

well my body is human but am not human am a antro wolf inside
am me so sorry cant really answer that question

Whirlaxis

being furry has absolutely no impact on my life outside of an occasional conversation with my friends

i dont even know why im on these forums

I make animal noises consistantly, have drawn anthros since I could draw, and am in the process of making a fursuit.

But ultimately, I'm just me.

In my dreams I'm not a furry, and although I have what I refer to as an alter-ego, she is not a furry.

Slayn

bang your head.
be proud and scream it out loud!

I have told almost everyone (you know except for those people who hate everything and keep calling everything gay)

It helps me decide many things and helps me make many choices.

(sometimes wears tail in public)

gunnerboy

with me its a very big part

Toraie

It's a huge part right now in a quiet way, but once I go to a con...I'm still not going to go all-life-consuming-furry, but I'll get as involved as I want to. <<

Pwncakesfury

Legitiums Divinus Equitas
I would say a semi-big part. Not really though because I am very new to the whole fandom in general. So, I have been working to make it a bigger part ^_^

M. LeRenard

Is not French
It's kind of a second life I hold that exists only on the internet. The personality Mr. Fox online is almost absolutely nothing like what I'm really like, oddly enough. So you could say it's a big part of my life, except that it's not the life I live every day going to class or taking walks or traveling or whatever I happen to be doing that day.
It's most important as a psychological exercise, you could say. This is going to sound extremely pathetic (because it is), but since I just don't enjoy being descended from monkeys, it's good for me to be able to get away from that for some number of hours a day. Even though it's all make-believe.
I do envy the folks who can convince themselves that they've got an animal soul, though; that would be the easiest way out. But I'm just too cynical to be able to do that myself, so I act the fox in writing instead.

...and that's my serious personal essay for the month. Thank you and good night.

Jack

the longer you are a furry the more your intrest will grow. it is becoming more and more of my daily routine manifesting its self in almost every thought and action but without conflict..... or maby I'm just feeling dramatic or something? but it does grow on you after a while and just gets more and more fun. that's the beauty of it because does not really ever get old.

FrisbeeRolf

Waiting to get thin again
If anything I've gotten father and father away from the fandom as I've grown up. The only "furry" things I do anymore is draw and come here.

While I do enjoy being a furry and drawing furry art, in real life being a furry is a very small part of it. Only my friends know I am one, and I'll NEVER step foot into a fursuit (had a very bad experience in a mascot suit growing up, and never want to be in any suit of that kind ever again)

So, you could say it really doesn't make up a lot of my social life, but it does make up a lot of my online/art life.

Jack

If anything I've gotten father and father away from the fandom as I've grown up. The only "furry" things I do anymore is draw and come here.

sorry to hear that. I guess what I said before is only true for some. becaus I have heard many others say that it only gets better. if it was my previous post you were refering to.

Madness

Surfing my way to victory!
I like to draw the occassional Furry pic here and there. But apart from that being a Furry doesent influence my life very much.

J

Jelly

the longer you are a furry the more your intrest will grow. it is becoming more and more of my daily routine manifesting its self in almost every thought and action but without conflict..... or maby I'm just feeling dramatic or something? but it does grow on you after a while and just gets more and more fun. that's the beauty of it because does not really ever get old.

It got really stale, really quick for me. :\

I draw furry-ish characters occasionally, sit on this forum, and I go to AC.

Eh, one of my better friends is a furry and so is his boyfriend. So, if I catch anything furry around he gets embarrassed and we laugh our asses off about how ridiculous it all is. We make fun of the argot a lot. It really doesn't go beyond that.

NornHound

It's a small part of my life, as I don't think about it much but when I'm able to draw, I'll draw furry for a few hours. Only 2 other furs know I'm a furry, as well as my sister Dusk, but everyone else just know that I like anthropomorphics and draw them including general fantasy art. My fursona isn't anymore than just what I'd like to be if people could transform into an anthro, she has some factors that define the real me, and is really just a..little furry mascot/identity in the art community.

As for acting furry.. =P Not really. I sometimes 'woof' as a greeting/random thing to my close friend; Tsumi, but that's it.

Jack

It got really stale, really quick for me. :\

I draw furry-ish characters occasionally, sit on this forum, and I go to AC.

Eh, one of my better friends is a furry and so is his boyfriend. So, if I catch anything furry around he gets embarrassed and we laugh our asses off about how ridiculous it all is. We make fun of the argot a lot. It really doesn't go beyond that.

depends on your attitude about it and how intrested you really are.

A

ArcanumWolf

It only has little significance and doesn't really affect my lifestyle. I don't think it'll be much more than browsing the art every once in a while and lurking on forums. I just feel no motives to get more involved in it.