• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How can I engage myself in the fandom more?

ReviloN

im gey
I hope this isn't a weird question... heh... also sorry if this is the wrong forum eeeeeee

Hiya, I've been wondering a while now about if I should maybe try to get involved in the fandom more. I.e, maybe getting to know some furries irl and keeping up with the media. I feel like by not doing this I kind of don't enjoy being a furry as much, which I do of course.

So, does anyone have advice? TIA <w<

Trevorbluesquirrel

You should get involved as much as you want to, and do the things you want to do!

Not every furry has a fursuit, goes to cons, or draws artwork!

If you like anthro characters, and consider yourself a furry, that's what makes you one!

Look up furry groups online, and try to attend some events if possible!

Maybe consider designing a fursona, or a character of some kind, and then have artwork or stories done about them!

Do more posting on the forums!

Start a conversation with members of the forums!

Join the furry art sites, and post!

Most furries stay in contact online!

ReviloN

im gey
Thank you ;3

ive been in the fandom for well over a year now and i very recently started thinking about this eeee

Trevorbluesquirrel

Well, unless you can afford to travel to foreign furry events, then local and online are gonna be your only options!

Like, I pretty well only attend 3 furry events a year, so the rest of the time, I stay engaged in furry content online!

If their's no local meetups in Sweden, maybe try to start one?

ReviloN

im gey
Nope, couldn't find any. Not sure if I'd be able to host one either, so I'll just stick to the online side for now. Thank you ;3

Guifrog

Blue frog
On the forums, there's also Open Chat for all kinds of talk, games like Predators and Prey to chill out, the Community Discussion threads to keep yourself somewhat in touch with things goin' on in the fandom, and so on. Exploring the place to find your areas of interest would be best. Also, Discord servers and Telegram groups - peeps seem to gather on those a lot!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I don't know myself, I tried networking but it's not worked so far

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
Online I've noticed twitter and insta have pretty big furry communities. Aside from that there's also state specific groups on the FA-groups page on the main site and also telegram has a TON of regional channels. Hope that helps!

ReviloN

im gey
Online I've noticed twitter and insta have pretty big furry communities. Aside from that there's also state specific groups on the FA-groups page on the main site and also telegram has a TON of regional channels. Hope that helps!
hmm, yeah ill take a look at those, thank u :3

Last edited:

quoting_mungo

im not sure if theres any meetups where i live, i can check :p
If you're in Sweden, I have ~ways~ of hooking you up with locals in Skåne and possibly the Göteborg area. Outside of those, I'm afraid I no longer have contacts, even secondhand, though. Most areas with a reasonably-sized population will have a local community, it's just a matter of finding it. Which far as I'm concerned has gotten trickier as people move from web based communication methods to chat/realtime ones like Telegram and Discord. *waggles cane*

Meetups can be as simple as "let's all meet at this location at this time and go see this movie together!" Back in the day we did a meet that way for Over the Hedge, and I think possibly one other movie I can't recall right now.

ReviloN

im gey
If you're in Sweden, I have ~ways~ of hooking you up with locals in Skåne and possibly the Göteborg area. Outside of those, I'm afraid I no longer have contacts, even secondhand, though. Most areas with a reasonably-sized population will have a local community, it's just a matter of finding it. Which far as I'm concerned has gotten trickier as people move from web based communication methods to chat/realtime ones like Telegram and Discord. *waggles cane*

Meetups can be as simple as "let's all meet at this location at this time and go see this movie together!" Back in the day we did a meet that way for Over the Hedge, and I think possibly one other movie I can't recall right now.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to meet up with any furries for a while then.. heh. I live around an hour from Göteborg, but I can't get there alone (would work with a friend, if I HAD aNY lOcaL).
Skåne is way too far away.
If I ever go to Stockholm again though, I might be able to meet a friend that I've had for a while there. She knows a lot of meets up there.

EDIT: I just saw that you were talking about finding local ones. I tried that but with no luck :/

Thank you for helping though :3