• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How can people still eat at McDonald's?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Now that said I personally don't see how people think McDonalds tastes good...but that is of course a different topic.

I remember so many people including vegans saying how delicious the fries were until someone outed them on the fact they contain beef tallow lol

Course the same for chicken nuggets, they contained beef tallow and often considered tasty before then.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I remember so many people including vegans saying how delicious the fries were until someone outed them on the fact they contain beef tallow lol
Heh. I was one of those for a while (vegetarian though). All I get at McD's, on the off chance that I visit, is apple pies. Watch we'll find out those contain chicken byproduct or some shit next.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Course the same for chicken nuggets, they contained beef tallow and often considered tasty before then.

I thought that was kind of hilarious. That said, I particularly never found their fries or nuggets to be tasty. The nuggets were always disgusting off tasting meat sacks with leathery skins. They never matched up to how good Wendy's nuggets are and when given a chance I'd say no to Mcnuggets. Fries...again I found the ones from Mcdonalds to be bitter tasting for some reason, and usually either underdone or overdone.

Of course I'm not big on fast food. I'll eat it once in 2-3 weeks these days.

Aleu

Deuces
You didn't read that last sentence did you? Most of the meat is not some specialized facility, there's only so many places and most come from the same place just under different divisions.

So groups have targeted places like Taco Bell, Jack In the Box and others I've mentioned not just because of the mystery meat but they would look at it as cruelty and that's why their quality also took a dive.
I read it. It just had nothing to do with the conversation being about cruelty to animals like KFC and kicking chickens or something like that. Bringing in shit about E-Coli and mystery meat is irrelevant.
Actually I think I remember the Taco Bell incident that he was talking about. It actually was people claiming that the "beef" in their beef tacos weren't actually beef but some other well mystery meat.
I do as well. Given that I worked at Taco Bell I can say that these people saying that it wasn't beef are full of shit. The only reason why people are pushing so hard that Taco Bell sells something other than beef is because "HUR DUR MEHICANS" even though Taco Bell is about as Mexican as fortune cookies are Chinese.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I read it. It just had nothing to do with the conversation being about cruelty to animals like KFC and kicking chickens or something like that. Bringing in shit about E-Coli and mystery meat is irrelevant.

I do as well. Given that I worked at Taco Bell I can say that these people saying that it wasn't beef are full of shit. The only reason why people are pushing so hard that Taco Bell sells something other than beef is because "HUR DUR MEHICANS" even though Taco Bell is about as Mexican as fortune cookies are Chinese.

Except that during that time people were saying the contaminated meat happened because of animal cruelty. So Jack in the Box wasn't just facing how they were killing kids, other smaller news stories were concerned about the quality of life for livestock for the chain(s) because of the outbreak. Since the latter wasn't as big as kids dying they pushed more for temperature changes as how to cook the meat.

As for Taco Bell - http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34588/title/Horse-Meat-in-Taco-Bell-Beef/ , http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/01/24/lawsuit-filed-in-california-court-over-taco-bell-beef/ and if you're not eating cow or other meat designated for eating, it's deemed cruel.

And again, there was barely any stuff about McDonalds over here than just fast food in general and their handling of livestock where it was noted that most stock came from the same places, just different divisions. The most animal cruelty I've seen more pointed to KFC. People have cited McDonalds rarely but it's considered the "Comes to mind" fast food chain. Kinda like how people refer to tissue, as "Kleenex" or wax crayons as "Crayola"

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Here is a good reason why you shouldn't eat Mcdonalds :V

[yt]LF0IhyAasWw[/yt]

Might get addicted and turn into a rabid McNugget Monster.

Senrain

[yt]LF0IhyAasWw[/yt]

Oh my goodness.

That is some of the funniest shit I've seen.

Percy

o-o

[yt]LF0IhyAasWw[/yt]

McNuggets are about the only thing I eat from there. I see absolutely no reason why someone would react like that over them. They're not THAT great. o-o
Also I'm pretty sure the audio is fake on that video. I remember seeing the video before, it had no audio on it. But still, that lady is craaaaay.

Iryno

McDemmelds fries are hands down better than xanax (ok well maybe not quite). Anything else is a gamble. Last week I had a double cheeseborger on my way home because I was hungry as fuck. My stomach went OH JESUS WHAT IS THIS, and I was reminded that I can't tolerate crap food like I used to.

Life isn't fair..

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
There was a McDonalds right on the corner of the subdivision where I grew up. Because both my parents worked, McDonalds was a fairly common meal just for the convenience factor. When I moved out and spent a summer up in Alaska, away from nearly every franchised business in America, I decided to raise my standards when I came back and not go back to eating that crap again. After a couple of years, curiosity compelled me to try it again just to see if it seemed any different to me now, so I went and got a Big Mac.

It was seriously gross as all hell. I wouldn't have even finished it if I didn't have hangups about wasting food. McDonalds is shit on a bun that you don't realize is shit because you've been used to it for so long.

Aleu

Deuces
There was a McDonalds right on the corner of the subdivision where I grew up. Because both my parents worked, McDonalds was a fairly common meal just for the convenience factor. When I moved out and spent a summer up in Alaska, away from nearly every franchised business in America, I decided to raise my standards when I came back and not go back to eating that crap again. After a couple of years, curiosity compelled me to try it again just to see if it seemed any different to me now, so I went and got a Big Mac.

It was seriously gross as all hell. I wouldn't have even finished it if I didn't have hangups about wasting food. McDonalds is shit on a bun that you don't realize is shit because you've been used to it for so long.
I am by all means not claiming McDonalds is gormet.
Though I'm glad I can enjoy shit food because non-shit food is fucking expensive.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I am by all means not claiming McDonalds is gormet.
Though I'm glad I can enjoy shit food because non-shit food is fucking expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I still love cheap food, especially humble ethnic food like pho or kebabs or tacos from a Mexican taqueria with actual Mexicans and a menu where some items aren't given an English translation to avoid grossing out the gringos. McDonalds isn't just cheap, it's reclaimed, processed shit that has to be injected full of salt and grease to make it palatable enough for human consumption.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I eat at McDonalds because it has tasty and cheap food.

It doesn't matter to me about the fate of their animals.
Nor do I want to know the fate of their animals.

Should they be treated better? Probably. But in the end there's still good food and that's what I go to McDonald's for.

I wish they still served Chicken Selects.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Is this thread still going, then?

I stand by my earlier comment. Shit's tasty, and cheap.

(Also in australia KFC has chicken-salt on their fries. Chicken. Flavored. Salt.)

ScaredToBreathe

Special Snowflake
If you're eating at McDonald's, you've given up.
Only for a moment, but still.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
This thread is turning into people's facebook status updates? ._.

You will learn about my daily life Fallow and love it!

(Also in australia KFC has chicken-salt on their fries. Chicken. Flavored. Salt.)

The KFC gravy here is a beaut, it's made with Chicken cracklin I think?
I could drink it as a winter drink!

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
I have some McDonalds right now! It is truly disgusting.
Eating it anyway, though!

KFC is far superior!

...Other Countries don't have chicken salt?

Draconas

I eat at a fast food place 2-3 time a week since
1. it's fast, I don't have time to order, wait half an hour, then spend another 30 minutes eating while there's other shit I gotta go do.
2. It's cheap, same meal at a regular restaurant is like, double the price and im also expected to shit out a tip.
3. It's funny when people like the OP complain about it every week.