• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you and your mate meet?

yakuzabadger

its the point of no return
What the fuck is this "mate" business? Over here, "Mate" is another way of saying friend. When animals fuck, they mate. Are you an animal? No? Then you don't have a mate, you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend or your fucking hand.

God damn it, stop with the retarded language abortions.
maybe my hand is my mate its not like im going out with "jill" jk nah thats what my gf is for meeeeeeeooooow

Tigers-Shadow

Wonderer
Okay I gave up reading on page 6....xD

Me and my MATE met on Furspace of all places....i wouldn't recommend the internet dating thing though, and don't do lookiing, you probably won't find anyone amazing ( i got really lucky after some long and bad relationships). WE also started as freinds, all of my relationships did. Thats my best advice for you, be a good Friend. Crypt is my BEST friend and thays why we work ( plus he's hott ;) I'm moving in with him in a month...yays)

Why have a furry bf/gf= better kinky sex

why use mate= I RP...it bled over...actually I've heard older non-furry couples use it too so *shrug*

my twocents

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Why have a furry bf/gf= better kinky sex
Think I'll pass on that.
why use mate= I RP...it bled over...actually I've heard older non-furry couples use it too so *shrug*
Non-furries use mate when referring to friends. Somewhat different from furries saying "oh well, I'm mated" and whatnot

Doesn't bother me a whole, whole lot of someone uses mate. Hell, people complain about people using partner.
But saying you've been mated is a bit much

Tigers-Shadow

Wonderer
Think I'll pass on that.

Non-furries use mate when referring to friends. Somewhat different from furries saying "oh well, I'm mated" and whatnot

Doesn't bother me a whole, whole lot of someone uses mate. Hell, people complain about people using partner.
But saying you've been mated is a bit much

I know the difference between the uses of the word in English everywhere else...but a lot of slang is like that o.o why is this any different...

meh i don't say mated, idk saying it like that sounds alot more like sex...idk I'm weird.