• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you and your mate meet?

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
:p well to be truthful by the time we got comfortable enough with each other to trade pics, I had already been decently in love with him. the fact that I think he's cute didn't hurt in the slightest.

I wish I were with my mate right now. It's his birthday...

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
I wish I were with my mate right now. It's his birthday...

Happy birthday to your mate.

I think my ex wants me to be there to hug and comfort him. But he keeps pushing me away at this time. Showing up at his doorstep definently wouldn't help anything at this point.

As for you, just say you love him and/or send him a card with something touching. It'll do the charm 90% of the time.

RoqsWolf

Now with 100% more ∂ e e r™
But to a degree, you have to realize that a virtual relationship that goes slightly beyond that if anything lets you be less shallow. You don't initially fall for a person's physical appearance and instead for their emotional sides.

I agree, that's why I gave Long distance relationships a shot, and that's why there's a small chance I might give it another go if I get attached to a person. It'd be perfect if that person was sort of close. I have a close friend whose in a LD relationship, but his mate is sort of close and they meet up every once in awhile and every seem is working perfectly for them :3

RayO_ElGatubelo

I agree, that's why I gave Long distance relationships a shot, and that's why there's a small chance I might give it another go if I get attached to a person. It'd be perfect if that person was sort of close. I have a close friend whose in a LD relationship, but his mate is sort of close and they meet up every once in awhile and every seem is working perfectly for them :3

And my mate is poly too, so even if he gets someone, he's still available!

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves

I'd probably have a problem with that. After all what if they simply get more attached to the other person than they are to you. Especially in a long-distance relationship, you can't be there to really talk to them. They could decide that they don't need you anymore and walk out :(

Human doubt can go a long way, and unless you are really in one of those relationships where you've been able to see the true light and true dark side of anyone. Don't put too much of your pot on the table.

RoqsWolf

I've never tried being in a Poly relationship. I sorta prefer intimacy, but thats me. It could work, but I'm not to sure If I'd like to get things complicated.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
I've never tried being in a Poly relationship. I sorta prefer intimacy, but thats me. It could work, but I'm not to sure If I'd like to get things complicated.

It works for some people. Not everyone. You can't say you've been there until you've tried it, so you might as well give it a shot. Watch what people say and do though, it'll be a clue if they're just using you.

RoqsWolf

Then there's the matter of how exactly you fall in love with them. I got close to my ex by discussing stuff that had been bothering me for quite some time that hadn't really told anyone. I've sort of changed from then and now I'm very open to basically all my friends. I don't what would attract me to some one to be there mate.

LolitaOfTheVoid

Necromancer
I met my husband at a D&D game my friend invited me to; He was playing a paladin, I was playing a sorcerer. I thought he was really hot, but he seemed standoffish. I ended up dating one of his friends for a year and a half, and they'd always be hanging out. We got to know each other; he introduced me to the fandom when I told him about my Fursona, Vorel. She was just an OC then, but I told him how my favorite fantasy races are anthros. he introduced me to Yiffstar and FA and HiFur and a few other sites, telling me there was a bunch of art, literature, and communities for the interest. I thought it was really cool. My boyfriend at the time was always cheating on me, he'd only come by for physical relief and then he'd leave sans a word. I got kicked out of where i was staying for calling my friend's wife a cunt (well, she IS), and I went to stay with my now-husband over at another friend's house. we talked books, music, movies, and we swapped stories we had written, and we got really close. Then he made a move. I was struck dumb, because, well, he was gay. he was dating a guy, he had been for a while, and, I'm a girl. But I had adored him for so long, I just went with it. In one night he was kinder, more fun, and more romantic than the douche i was dating had been in over a year (this guy and i are friends still, he's just a fail boyfriend). So after three days of him saying "i'll come over tomorrow" and being a no call no show, I left him. I continued to do thing with my husband, although we did them in secret. I thought he could never have feelings for me and he was just physically desperate, but one day we were watching a movie, and he just whispers "I love you" to me. i cried, i really did. We've been together ever since. that was... about two years ago. we just got married this year ^^

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
I met my husband at a D&D game my friend invited me to; He was playing a paladin, I was playing a sorcerer. I thought he was really hot, but he seemed standoffish. I ended up dating one of his friends for a year and a half, and they'd always be hanging out. We got to know each other; he introduced me to the fandom when I told him about my Fursona, Vorel. She was just an OC then, but I told him how my favorite fantasy races are anthros. he introduced me to Yiffstar and FA and HiFur and a few other sites, telling me there was a bunch of art, literature, and communities for the interest. I thought it was really cool. My boyfriend at the time was always cheating on me, he'd only come by for physical relief and then he'd leave sans a word. I got kicked out of where i was staying for calling my friend's wife a cunt (well, she IS), and I went to stay with my now-husband over at another friend's house. we talked books, music, movies, and we swapped stories we had written, and we got really close. Then he made a move. I was struck dumb, because, well, he was gay. he was dating a guy, he had been for a while, and, I'm a girl. But I had adored him for so long, I just went with it. In one night he was kinder, more fun, and more romantic than the douche i was dating had been in over a year (this guy and i are friends still, he's just a fail boyfriend). So after three days of him saying "i'll come over tomorrow" and being a no call no show, I left him. I continued to do thing with my husband, although we did them in secret. I thought he could never have feelings for me and he was just physically desperate, but one day we were watching a movie, and he just whispers "I love you" to me. i cried, i really did. We've been together ever since. that was... about two years ago. we just got married this year ^^

awww... that's adorable... I'm glad you two had a happy meeting... Maybe I'll have something similar happen to me.

RayO_ElGatubelo

awww... that's adorable... I'm glad you two had a happy meeting... Maybe I'll have something similar happen to me.

You better move out of Florida, then! Or hope Florida legalizes gay marriage. Yeah, the hell those barbarians will do so.

RoqsWolf

Your in Florida?X3 Where at?

I was gonna say something witty, but after seeing all the crap in here, whoa. Ugh.

I know, I know, I'm eight pages late. But most of the advice offered in this thread is completely awful.
Yes, you CAN go to conventions and hook up with people if you're looking for a sex meet. But if you move in with your fuckbuddy on a whim three weeks after meeting them, don't be surprised when you get kicked out, dropped in a strange town with no job, money, or residence.

You don't "look" for people to date. In a great majority of cases (because I can't really pull numbers out of my ass here, but if I had to take a guess it'd go around the 90%'s) if you're looking for a hookup, it ends badly. You go into a relationship with a specific mindset, and that's not the one.

If you want to avoid dying alone, socialize. Get the fuck out of here, or at least spend your time doing cool stuff with cool people, instead of posting these random threads. (Internet/long-distance relationships can work. My girlfriend just left today after staying three months at my place. I'm Canadian and she lives in VA.)
You don't need to be madly sexually attracted to a person at first sight to have a successful couple. There's this little thing here called "friendship" which may prove very useful in the dating scene too. For like, you know, testing things out before going steady with someone? Oh, never heard of that? Too bad. :V
This way, you might eventually end up meeting someone you genuinely enjoy, and whose feelings for you don't come with brain damage.

Last edited:

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
track practice
(dawwww how cute)

RoqsWolf

Well the likelyhood of you finding me and being stalky is next to nill at this point.

But I live in Tallahassee Florida and go to FSU.
Ah cool, I'm stuck in the horrid suburbs of Miami x.x

Tabasco

Not denying that situations happen in most relationships. And I'm probably a bad individual to be on the anti-side as I'm not presently emotionally stable in any sense of the word. Most people at this time will probably say something along the lines of "you're just fucked up and so you're trying to bring down everyone with you." Ok that may be the case to some extent. But I felt this way about polyamourous relationships long before I got even more fucked over by a group.

Definitely.

The key to learn about this is that all relationships need trust to get anywhere. If you have excessive doubts, you really won't be able to get far in life by yourself or even in a relationship.

This has nothing to do with poly relationships. If all you can do is bitch about your bad personal experience, then shut your mouth and let consenting adults live as they please without your insults or accusations. They're not wrong, you just don't like them because it didn't work for you.