• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you come up with your furry name?

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
My fursona's name is Lopori Conteh, it also serves as a general internet alias where privacy is a concern.
Lopori is the name of a bonobo I know at the zoo who's my favourite, and is also the name of a river in the DRC and I thought it was a reallyy pretty name. Conteh is just what I found while searching for popular Congelese surnames abd it's also the surname of an old highschool friend and I've always liked the sound of it.
So Lopori Conteh it is.

Schelt

It took me forever to come up with Schelt. I wanted something that sounded like it could be an actual name. I remember I was laying in my bed and thinking of different words and what not. My belt started to get uncomfortable so I adjusted it and I was like well "belt..... no but what if it's Schelt? Yeah that's sounds like it could be a name! Good work!" It's amazing what an impromptu adjustment can do for you. =P

Midori

Anyone who's particularly naughty would know that my fursona is already an established character from a certain comic, so she is named Midori. But I felt it is a cute name, and green is one of my faaaaavorite colors, so it's kind of stuck with me. I do plan on tweaking the character so she can be more "mine."

hey look a train!

mercenary, hunter killer
well i as new to the forums/ whole furry community so i thought hey im the rookie,then that led to omg my fursona is gonna be called Rookie, and Rook for short! and boom rook was born

Jambalaya

Back in the day when I had a social life, when ever my friends and I would go to a restaurant I would order jambalaya, I am a bit of a connoisseur of the spicy dish, so they started calling me Jambie as a nickname. I also own three pitbulls and there is no bigger love in my life than those three blockheads. So I am JambalayaThePit.

▽・ω・▽ *woof*

Well, I didn't know what to call myself, so I named myself Dragon because dragons are nice, and even though I'm a wolf, I don't wanna be a dragon or a hybrid, so it's my name instead of a part of my species. Something like that.

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
Some complex ones here...

Well mine is because I like retro tech like cassette, vinyl and old hifi and I like felines (get on well with them) so VintageLynx is just an extension of what I like.

F

foussiremix

[video=youtube;ATba0Mxovto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATba0Mxovto[/video]

This video tells everything

Dr. Franken-Fox

"it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
Okay well since this thread's regained its momentum I might as well weigh in.

Going in I knew that my fursona had to be a mad scientist, why a mad scientist you say? Because if you exaggerated all of my quirks and eccentricities enough I'd probably come out something like one, I'm also generally fond of that character archetype anyway.

The story behind the name 'SparkPlug' is that it's a reference to the very first anthro character I drew, a genetically engineered and partly cybernetic squirrel named Sparky, it seemed appropriate to incorporate his name into the name of my 'sona.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Why is he named "Sylen"? Well its because I was watching Pokemon one day (still don't know why...) and decided to name him after Cilan, for w/e reason. I'm not going to lie, I hated the name at first, but it's grown on me.

DjMoon

RaveTheHusky
My name is not final Im still trying to find my fursona name but I do know what my fursona looks like

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
With my current fursona, I actually created his mother first, Valthera. He has a similar name to his mother just with a suffix sounding more masculine. He also now has a last name, I referred to him as Cosmoprince Valthero for the longest time, but I wanted to make a furry facebook so I probably shouldn't do that, it sounds fake. So his full name is Valthero Techronas. I don't know where I came up with Techronas but its fitting and sounds pretty dope. So now I use that on Facebook because 1) its my furry Facebook and 2) I don't want my parents finding me this time. At least not yet.

meowtacles

I got Halo from the song, not the game. It was what I happened to be listening to when I was signing up for second life and I had to choose a name.. XD

N

Nyro46

Nyro the Leopard is the name of my main character.
Originally it was "Kniro the Amur Leopard", but I shortened it and changed the spelling of his name so people would stop mispronouncing it. "Kniro" was just some random name I made up originally for some other forest guardian dog character, I don't know.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I got Halo from the song, not the game. It was what I happened to be listening to when I was signing up for second life and I had to choose a name.. XD
Lemme guess, the Machine Head song?

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
my sisters and me made a comic as we where lil and i remembered the name i had there.
the funny thing is its actually a japanese word wich we werent able to know by any means to that time.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
my first name is Shiori and i really like Bears..... yeah

Ratical

Now that I think about it, my actual sona doesn't have a full name. Ratical's all I've ever used. I guess that could be the last name, so I'd need to think of a first. Or Ratical could just be the nickname. Something to think about.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
Now that I think about it, my actual sona doesn't have a full name. Ratical's all I've ever used. I guess that could be the last name, so I'd need to think of a first. Or Ratical could just be the nickname. Something to think about.

Ratical von cheddarsworth?

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I like wolves and night...more symbolically and meaningful I am a wolf at heart due to both my lone wolf nature but also my pack loyalty nature. Night because it's a time of day that makes me most happy and calm or energetic and excited. V4X1 is my name, favorite number, common username letter, and 1 is another special character. That way there arent any duplicate wolfnight's and I standout as the one and only important one :p

My fursona is Vance/Vanna, nicknamed "Van". Both stem from Norse language in which I derived it as a variation of my username "varg" meaning wolf and "natt" meaning night

Ratical

Sounds pretty gouda, but I'd have to think about it.