• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

How did you come up with your furry name?

Lauralien

Just butting my way in here.
"Lauralien" came about in the 8th grade. I was in the library between classes creating a Neopets account (this was in 2001, and my school didn't control our internet access very much...hurrah!), and I had no idea what to name my account. I wasn't very original... I'm still not original, but whatever. A fellow student was sitting next to me (also playing Neopets), and out of nowhere suggests "how about Lauralien?" I guess it's stuck since then.

With most of my other names, such as for characters, I just stick syllables together until I get something that sounds good to me. It means I almost never have a problem with my favorite names being taken. :D

surrykitten

That's similar to my story as well. I only have Surry as a fursona though. So I don't have to worry about another name.

Jaseface

Bark! Bark!!
My fursuits/fursonas name is Jase which is my nickname and my user name jaseface came from a friend who was randomly adding "Face" to the end of everything she said and after she called me a few times jaseface just stuck.

True-Stripes

True-Stripes
Mine juss came to me bc of my first name ( sounds close to True) and the fact i always wear stripes

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
It's just a name I came up with a while ago.

anothersacrifice

Master Smuffler
I settled on a name before I had decided for sure a species for my fursona. I had always liked the name Pandora so started going by that, which naturally got shortened to Pandi. I chose Lafay as a last name because I like Authruian legends and a close friend that passed on had a character named Lafayette. :D Then when I decided on being a red panda the name was already stuck so I ended up being Pandi the Panda. >.<

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
I'm not really sure, to be honest. I ain't too creative, so I went with the traditional adjective+species mold, and Psychic seemed to work well.

I like foxes and one of my career goals involves nuclear reactors and RadioactiveRedFox just worked well. As far as my 'sona goes, I chose Finn for for him simply because I like the name.

Last edited:

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
Name? What name? None of my 'sonas have a name- purely out of the fact that I can't do names, period. Leviathan is my general name for all of them, excluding one or two.

L

lilyWhite

I came up with the name of my "fursona" when I was naming a cat-girl in a story I'm writing who I based off of my "fursona". I decided on the name "Cait", based on the myth of the cait sidhe/[insert the thousand other spellings of the mythical creature], then figured it was a good moniker for my furry side.

Creativity!

Last edited by a moderator:

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Dont really have one, i dont see my fursona as a seperate character, just an avatar of how i wanted to look. I dont ever use my real name online though I mostly go by Harbinger, because Harbinger was a bad ass in Mass Effect 2, and i like to think im bad ass on multiplayer :oops:

MichaelLeonhardt

Earl of Puns
I'v always had a huge boner for the Armored Core series.
I played AC2 when I was little, then sorta forgot about it until I played AC4.
Then I went back and collected all the previous games.

In Armored Core 4, there is one AC that I really liked, the Noblesse Oblige. It had these badass triple-barreled wing-shaped laser cannons that fired a giant spiral death beam.
So, I merely adopted the name of it's pilot, and designer, Leonhardt.

I added Michael to the front because it sorta just fits, you know?

Then i figured I'd give myself a badass middle name, too so I chose Alan Xavier

So I finally ended up with Michael Alan Xavier Leonhardt

orcaowl

My username is pretty straightforward, just my two favorite animals that I decided to put together to be my username everywhere when I first was active on the Internet maybe 8-9ish years ago.

My fursona is Orco, though. I always thought a "fancy" version of Orcaowl could be Orcolius and just shortened it to Orco (ORCaOwl) for convince sake. Orco is also a name I've never heard used before, really, so it worked.

Percy

o-o
My username/'sona's name is just a male first name that I really like.

Zabrina

Awoken
Well, as for my username, it's the same as my Lupinar name. I picked Zabrina because it smelled nice.

My fursona's name is Mocha.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
My fursona's name is a rather obvious pun on a common phrase. And, amazingly enough I have yet to see a single '70s exploitation movie that called the main character "Jett Blacke" so his name is completely original.

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
Name I used for my character in WoW, in GW2, in every game I ever played.

It's just a good name.

"You wish you could handle this Hewge beast."
"I am Hewge, if you know what I mean."
"Hey there. ...I'm Hewge." * irresistible sexy smirk*

His last name is Bulge. :V

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
I wanted a simple and unique name I could use online, so after a bit of thinking I came up with Demensa.I don't have a special name for my fursona, so I generally just use my real name or username. It doesn't make a big difference to me.